Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?

Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Which former Bill will have a the best season on his new team?

• CJ Spiller, Saints
    • Stevie Johnson, Chargers
    • Scott Chandler, Pats*
    • Jairus Byrd, Saints
    • Lee Smith, Raiders
    • D'Norris Searcy, Titans
    • Jeff Tuel, Jags
    • Eric Pears, Niners
    • Kiko Alonso, Eagles

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice topic!! It is pretty easy for me. I think that it is Spiller in Sean Payton's offense. He is the prototype for what they want to do.

Byrd may have a bounce back year and he is probably the best player of the bunch but Spiller could go nuts.

Edit: Kiko will have a big year as well.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Spiller should fit the Sproles mold and will be utilized in the Saints scheme better than the Gailey/Moron regime. I'm pondering on drafting him mid-late round, around round 7-9.

My one league has points for return men, Spiller and Cooks make one dangerous return tandom.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I thought everyone said Chandler sucked? I guess having a great QB throwing to makes all the difference.

I still think that he does :ph34r: . He may have a statistically productive season playing with Brady but that doesn't mean that he is good. Keep in mind last year not one team even brought him in for a visit when he was a FA. He is in a good situation but that doesn't mean that he is a good player.

I still think that he does :ph34r: . He may have a statistically productive season playing with Brady but that doesn't mean that he is good. Keep in mind last year not one team even brought him in for a visit when he was a FA. He is in a good situation but that doesn't mean that he is a good player.

Chandler doesn't suck. He'll probably make the Pats* roster. But he's a sorry excuse for a #1 TE.

:lol: So...don't be fooled if he plays good, because he's not good, even if he looks good, he's not the reason he looks good, because of free agency last year.

Keep in mind, a team did sign him this year.

:lol: So...don't be fooled if he plays good, because he's not good, even if he looks good, he's not the reason he looks good, because of free agency last year.

hes a decent #2 and not a very good #1. he may put up better numbers in NE but he will never be a guy that defenses game plan around or anything. seems like a fair assessment.

hes a decent #2 to a dominant #1 like Gronk who everyone will specifically game plan for, leaving Chandler open. Just don't expect him to run block

And I respect McDaniels ability to game plan immensely. Chandler is in a great spot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He signed a smaller contract than Lee Smith!!! Congrats!!

Players look better or worse all of the time because of their situation. Do you think DeMarco Murray is the best back in football or was he aided by the play of the Dallas OL? Austin Collie was productive playing with Peyton Manning. That didn't mean that he was good it meant that he was in a good situation.

Scott Chandler's skills are extremely limited. He gets no separation, plays smaller than his size, can't block, has decent hands and no athleticism. Why is he good? He is in a good situation and his numbers will reflect that. His numbers will be better than the player that he is.

Again, if he was good wouldn't someone have AT LEAST kicked the tires on him last year? The Bills kicked the tires in Matthew Mulligan!!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Spiller could very well be third down the depth chart in NO. Second, at best. Maybe they'll put him on special teams?

I have a hard time seeing Chandler doing anything special in NE. Gronk is the healthiest he's been in three years. Houmanawanui is still there and they drafted a rookie of prototypical size that should be every bit as mediocre as Chandler. I wouldn't be surprised to see him not make the 53.

Byrd's been a Saint for a season, now. He shouldn't be in this poll.

Eric Pears is climbing aboard a sinking ship.

Jeff Tuel won't have much of an impact holding a clipboard-- assuming he is allowed that privilege.

The Raiders are moving in the right direction. But, Lee Smith won't likely be above second on the depth chart. Plus, he's Lee Smith.

Kiko, Stevie, and D'Norris could all have an immediate impact on the teams with which they have signed.

Stevie could have a great season with the Chargers. I could absolutely see him getting in a groove with Rivers-- they seem like a good match to me.

Considering how effectively Chip Kelly is dismantling his offense in search of a particular "culture," Kiko could see the field a lot. And he is Kiko.

Searcy could also have an immediate impact in Tennessee, and I think he will likely be a starter.

I Voted D'Norris, because nobody was giving him any love.

Spiller could very well be third down the depth chart in NO. Second, at best. Maybe they'll put him on special teams?

I have a hard time seeing Chandler doing anything special in NE. Gronk is the healthiest he's been in three years. Houmanawanui is still there and they drafted a rookie of prototypical size that should be every bit as mediocre as Chandler. I wouldn't be surprised to see him not make the 53.

Byrd's been a Saint for a season, now. He shouldn't be in this poll.

Eric Pears is climbing aboard a sinking ship.

Jeff Tuel won't have much of an impact holding a clipboard-- assuming he is allowed that privilege.

The Raiders are moving in the right direction. But, Lee Smith won't likely be above second on the depth chart. Plus, he's Lee Smith.

Kiko, Stevie, and D'Norris could all have an immediate impact on the teams with which they have signed.

Stevie could have a great season with the Chargers. I could absolutely see him getting in a groove with Rivers-- they seem like a good match to me.

Considering how effectively Chip Kelly is dismantling his offense in search of a particular "culture," Kiko could see the field a lot. And he is Kiko.

Searcy could also have an immediate impact in Tennessee, and I think he will likely be a starter.

I Voted D'Norris, because nobody was giving him any love.

i only included Byrd because I thought he was hurt very early last year and missed most of the season.

He is going to be used a TON in NOLA. He's been used a lot in the OTAs. He is going to play the role that Sproles played & the role Pierre played. I'd be very, very, very surprised if he has less than 70 catches (if healthy). Edited by Kirby Jackson