Should we be concerned about ex Jests

Let me say first I am thrilled with hiring Rex R as our coach, but some times a little doubt sneaks in when I see all these old Jests being considered and brought into camp...players the Jests don't want and seemingly having some warm connection to Rex. I then remember the bravo talk when Rex actually considered that Maybin could play and how long it took him to realize that Maybin was a fraud.

I know he is a players coach but loyalty can also be a major block to success.

Anyone else have these anxiety feelings about old Jests players? :cry:

How many do you think will actually play in a reg season game for the Bills?

I don't know. But, it concerns me that we may be bringing in "guys Rex knows" as opposed to the best guys the scouting department can find.

Still, there aren't that many guys to choose from in June so if they feel they need more camp bodies, I can see where it makes some sense

I don't know. But, it concerns me that we may be bringing in "guys Rex knows" as opposed to the best guys the scouting department can find.

Still, there aren't that many guys to choose from in June so if they feel they need more camp bodies, I can see where it makes some sense

besides Harvin, they are bottom of the roster guys who won't be on the 53. It is common for coaches to prefer camp fodder that they are familiar with their work ethic, attitude. Etc in camp because they are trying to build a certain culture and they bring in guys who emulate that.

Yeah, somebody better keep an eye on them, AND on the snack table. Damn has-been jests clogging up the parkin' lot with their pickups, snatchin' all the good snacks like theyz entitled to 'em when dey ain't done nuttin here yet. Hmmmph!

I think the OP has a point. Surely no coach in the history of professional sports has brought with them to a new gig role-players and second-stringers they might know how to bleed a little talent out of.

No, clearly this is about a secret plan to bankrupt the Pegulas, one league-minimum game check at a time.

Concerned? No more than any other staff, really. Ryan has had a few good years, and a few bad years. Which is why he was available. He's coached some good players, and some bad players, no different than anyone else. The question is, did he bring the good pieces to fit with already established ones here? That's what we'll be finding out *shrugs*

What's laughable to me is the naiveté of people who think building a team is like playing with Colorforms. Just pick the one you want and plop it down. There. Perfect! It's like experience and history don't matter at all. At least these camp bodies know what Rex expects, and have the right 'tude, or they wouldn't be here.

besides Harvin, they are bottom of the roster guys who won't be on the 53. It is common for coaches to prefer camp fodder that they are familiar with their work ethic, attitude. Etc in camp because they are trying to build a certain culture and they bring in guys who emulate that.

As always, hitting the nail on the head.

If having the Jets former coaching staff didn't bother you, why would having a few other Jets castaways be a source for concern?

IMO having former Jets coaches bothers me. crony hires did nothing for Maroon, etc. and the Jets have not been lighting up the NFL lately.

And Rex's head butting with the GM is meaningless as an excuse why they sucked. But, makes a nice talking point for Bills fans while Rex enjoys his honeymoon, and remains undefeated as a Bill. percy Harvin salary could have been spent in more critical areas. he is a one and done anyways.

IMO having former Jets coaches bothers me. crony hires did nothing for Maroon, etc. and the Jets have not been lighting up the NFL lately.

And Rex's head butting with the GM is meaningless as an excuse why they sucked. But, makes a nice talking point for Bills fans while Rex enjoys his honeymoon, and remains undefeated as a Bill. percy Harvin salary could have been spent in more critical areas. he is a one and done anyways.

Don't most HCs bring in their own people? Who did we not sign or were incapable of signing because of Harvin's contract?

This.

Don't most HCs bring in their own people? Who did we not sign or were incapable of signing because of Harvin's contract?

Of course, but the point is that these people have won an average of fewer than 7 games a year the past 4 seasons. That is more concerning than brining in a few long shot players to camp.

maybe, and I know he (Whaley) tried Oline guards or maybe even tackles, or dare I say a center. personally i need to see if Incognito can shake off the rust. And looking forward to a comment from Dareus different than " he is the dirtiest player in the league"

IMO Harvin is a gamble,( his history speaks for itself) a douchebag, And a luxury. Where is the bigger area of need? receivers or O-line that need to keep three very suspect QB's upright.

Let me say first I am thrilled with hiring Rex R as our coach, but some times a little doubt sneaks in when I see all these old Jests being considered and brought into camp...players the Jests don't want and seemingly having some warm connection to Rex. I then remember the bravo talk when Rex actually considered that Maybin could play and how long it took him to realize that Maybin was a fraud.

I know he is a players coach but loyalty can also be a major block to success.

Anyone else have these anxiety feelings about old Jests players? :cry:

As long as they can play and contribute in a positive way then I have no issues with whoever Rex puts on the field

CBF

maybe, and I know he (Whaley) tried Oline guards or maybe even tackles, or dare I say a center. personally i need to see if Incognito can shake off the rust. And looking forward to a comment from Dareus different than " he is the dirtiest player in the league"

IMO Harvin is a gamble,( his history speaks for itself) a douchebag, And a luxury. Where is the bigger area of need? receivers or O-line that need to keep three very suspect QB's upright.

They offered contracts to a number of O-Linemen but couldn't get them to sign. Harvins contract did not prevent them from signing anyone.

Of course, but the point is that these people have won an average of fewer than 7 games a year the past 4 seasons. That is more concerning than brining in a few long shot players to camp.

I understand that but not a lot of successful Hall-of-Fame coaches looking for work.

They offered contracts to a number of O-Linemen but couldn't get them to sign. Harvins contract did not prevent them from signing anyone.

I understand that but not a lot of successful Hall-of-Fame coaches looking for work.

I know that, I also know guards are not highly valued. meaning no big money. But with El Pegul trying to make a big splash

This season just maybe a bigger offer meaning money to the players they targeted would have secured them. Again I see Harvin as a uneeded luxury, will take targets away from the younger guys, a rental, a risk in the locker room, and a Rex signing. maybe a run at Revis could could have been possible, along with some needed dead wood cuts. I am looking at you C. Williams.