Can the Bills Make the Playoffs with Their QB Situation?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatthewFairburn

Has a team with a QB situation like the Bills have ever made the playoffs? A few actually http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/history_says_buffalo_bills_can_make_the_playoffs_despite_their_quarterback_situa.html

CHk3yTwXAAIdgjx.jpg

History says.....Why Not?

All depends on #16. If we can get the 2008 version, I think we have a good chance. If not, then I don't see it happening.

Poor QB play will not equal a playoff appearance!

Like another poster said, we'll have to see what that QB situation is...

Seems unlikely, though... Too many AFC teams have upgraded rosters with PROVEN commodities at QB to boot... IMO the AFC will come down to IND vs PIT. With teams like OAK, BAL, and DEN making strong pushes.... High expectations abound for the D, but I won't count that chicken 'til it steps out of the shell...

Players flying under thre radar are really going to have to emerge for us to take the next step.

Like another poster said, we'll have to see what that QB situation is...

Seems unlikely, though... Too many AFC teams have upgraded rosters with PROVEN commodities at QB to boot... IMO the AFC will come down to IND vs PIT. With teams like OAK, BAL, and DEN making strong pushes.... High expectations abound for the D, but I won't count that chicken 'til it steps out of the shell...

Players flying under thre radar are really going to have to emerge for us to take the next step.

No quarrel with IND, PIT, BAL and DEN being in the championship mix. I think NE** is in there somewhere too as long as the Evil Hoodie* is at the helm.

Oakland? Seriously? And are you referring to Derek Carr as a "PROVEN commidity at QB"?

There are 2 different questions here:

1) Can we make the playoffs? Sure. The Bengals did it with Dalton and a great WR and strong D. KC did it with Alex Smith. The Texans did it with TJ Yates a few years back, ditto Jets with Mark Sanchez and something like 54% completion, 20 INTs to 12TDs his rookie year.

2) Can we win a championship? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm No.

Edited by Hopeful

Rex took a rookie QB who was horrible to the AFC championship game. Then the next year took a horrible QB to the same game. Sanchez in his first two years was as bad as any QB we have. He was HORRIBLE. Rex was also on the Raven staff that went deep in the playoffs with rookie Flacco who was very average, like Cassel average, when he was a rookie. Rex was also on the Ravens staff when they won it with Dilfer.

Roman was the OC on three straight teams that went deep in the playoffs with a guy most of you think totally sucks, and has no pocket presence or accuracy. Did he just lose it after three years? Was he not that good to begin with?

That is seven years our top two guys have coached QB lacking teams deep into the playoffs.

None of those seven teams has the offensive skill players we do. Not even close. We also have good special teams.

No quarrel with IND, PIT, BAL and DEN being in the championship mix. I think NE** is in there somewhere too as long as the Evil Hoodie* is at the helm.

Oakland? Seriously? And are you referring to Derek Carr as a "PROVEN commidity at QB"?

There are 2 different questions here:

1) Can we make the playoffs? Sure. The Bengals did it with Dalton and a great WR and strong D. KC did it with Alex Smith. The Texans did it with TJ Yates a few years back, ditto Jets with Mark Sanchez and something like 54% completion, 20 INTs to 12TDs his rookie year.

2) Can we win a championship? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm No.

Yes, Oakland... And while I wasn't referring to Carr as a proven commodity, he was good enough to beat our a$$ last season... Now he's got young studs like TE Clive Walford, and WR Amari Cooper backing him up.. It would take the worst coaching staff in the world NOT to improve on their last season's win total....

I don't think we beat the Colts in our season opener, but with Brady out for Massacheatsus in week 2, we should capitalize... if we should somehow manage to knock off NYG, and make it to the bye at say, 5-2, then the KEY would be to get a streak going.. Three or four games including a defeat of MIA after the bye..