Rex Ryan on Rich Eisen Show 6/15

Rich asked him about his "no Lebron at QB" comment. Rex said that we don't have a #1, 2, or 3 guy in the league but we have capable guys.

Rich asked if Tyrod Taylor had a chance to start. Rex said "absolutely!". All three guys have had their moments.

Asked if this was the best offensive team that he has had. He said that he wasn't sure and cited the offensive line when he arrived at the Jets.

Stated that he hasn't seen some guys on the field yet due to injury (Sammy, Gilmore, Leodis) but we are a very good team without them and they will only make us that much better.

Asked about who he was surprised by on the roster. He aaid Jerry Hughes. Said the defensive line is all Pro Bowlers and he is as good as any of them. Also said they have a "little guy" named Nickell Robey who can flat out play.

Said that Gilmore will take a huge jump up this year and that he has been impressed with Bradham.

Asked about corners switching off on the top receiver or staying on their side. Mentioned Revis was the best ever at that but took the opportunity to say Gilmore will be in that conversation this year.

Excited about Darby. Said the big knock was that no one threw on him in college and said there was a reason for that and they were glad to get him in the second round.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. That will happen when we actually have a good football coach who can recognize good football players. Amazing how that works.

Pettine, Schwartz, Ryan.......I think all the coaches have liked him

Pettine, Schwartz, Ryan.......I think all the coaches have liked him

He definitely didn't fit as well in Schwartz's D, though. I think we'll have fun watching Robey wreak havoc this season.

Robey manages to impress every year.

From the last three years, I've heard the exact same thing about Robey at this time:

"Wow, he has such a high motor and such great ball skills. It's too bad about his size, and we have so many talented players in the secondary..."

And he keeps kicking ass. I'm a little surprised that we seem surprised. With spread offenses and people going pass happy, is it really a shock that we want to have a counter to the Tavon Austin/Wes Welker/Amendola slot receivers that high powered offenses love?

From the last three years, I've heard the exact same thing about Robey at this time:

"Wow, he has such a high motor and such great ball skills. It's too bad about his size, and we have so many talented players in the secondary..."

And he keeps kicking ass. I'm a little surprised that we seem surprised. With spread offenses and people going pass happy, is it really a shock that we want to have a counter to the Tavon Austin/Wes Welker/Amendola slot receivers that high powered offenses love?

i think it's just because technically he is small and slow for the NFL and went undrafted. But all he does is make plays- especially when he is utilized per his strengths. There are certain things he can't do like cover on the outside or win a one on one matchup with a huge WR, but that's where coaching comes in. It's all about matchups. Put the guys in position to make plays.

i think it's just because technically he is small and slow for the NFL and went undrafted. But all he does is make plays- especially when he is utilized per his strengths. There are certain things he can't do like cover on the outside or win a one on one matchup with a huge WR, but that's where coaching comes in. It's all about matchups. Put the guys in position to make plays.

I know he has physical limitations, but I would imagine that his body of work up until now would have silenced some doubts.

I know he has physical limitations, but I would imagine that his body of work up until now would have silenced some doubts.

i haven't heard any doubts from Bills fans, but I don't think many know who he is outside of that. Other than Tannehill, that is...

Maybe in straight away speed, but he closes fast! A testament to his great anticipation as well.

I love that he loves Robey!!

no kidding. he is not often getting repped here on the boards.

Kid is awesome really! loved watching him from game one. and to make up for height the kid jumps at the right times, understanding of ball trajectory and momentum

Gotta love Rex. He's a straight shooter. It's nice to have him on our side.

He's the best HC we've had since M. Levy. Given time, he may surpass Levy.

Well, he may surpass Levy. I hope he does. But so far Rex has been somewhere between "pretty good" to "downright awful" as a head coach. He's humorous and the press and fans love him. But he has yet to prove himself in the top job. Hopefully, like some before him, he learns from his first stint and improves with the Bills. But at the moment, he isn't even in the same conversation as Wade as a head coach.

Edited by The Dean