Jerry Seinfeld - funny PC story

Jerry Seinfeld says that most comedians won't do shows at colleges anymore because colleges are so "PC":

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/08/jerry-seinfeld-politically-correct-college-campuses

College student then complains about Jerry Seinfeld, saying that is "not PC for Jerry Seinfeld to say that colleges are PC":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anthony-berteaux/jerry-seinfeld-politcally-correct-college-student_b_7540878.html

:lol:

Chris Rock has a similar take.

https://www.thefire.org/chris-rock-explains-doesnt-want-perform-college-campuses/

Well, I love Bill, but I stopped playing colleges, and the reason is because theyre way too conservative. He elaborated:

Not in their political views not like theyre voting Republican but in their social views and their willingness not to offend anybody. Kids raised on a culture of Were not going to keep score in the game because we dont want anybody to lose. Or just ignoring race to a fault. You cant say the black kid over there. No, its the guy with the red shoes. You cant even be offensive on your way to being inoffensive.

Rock said he started to notice the trend about eight years ago, and that he wasnt the only oneas he recalled, I remember talking to George Carlin before he died and him saying the exact same thing.

College student then complains about Jerry Seinfeld, saying that is "not PC for Jerry Seinfeld to say that colleges are PC":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anthony-berteaux/jerry-seinfeld-politcally-correct-college-student_b_7540878.html

:lol:

"So, yes, Mr. Seinfeld, we college students are politically correct. We will call out sexism and racism if we hear it. But if you're going to come to my college and perform in front of me, be prepared to write up a set that doesn't just offend me, but has something to say."

If you don't want a comic to say something, just don't laugh when they say it. What gall someone has to have to feel the need to impose boundaries on comedic content, 'calling out' comedians who dare broach taboo subject matter. What a fine bunch of totalitarians these kids will make.

"So, yes, Mr. Seinfeld, we college students are politically correct. We will call out sexism and racism if we hear it. But if you're going to come to my college and perform in front of me, be prepared to write up a set that doesn't just offend me, but has something to say."

Translation: We're a bunch of candy ass pansies who bleed like a kitty over anything that could be construed as mildly sexist or racist, not because of any reasoned or principled stance, but because we were raised on political correctness and accept it like the religious zealots we are. Edited by Rob's House

If you don't want a comic to say something, just don't laugh when they say it. What gall someone has to have to feel the need to impose boundaries on comedic content, 'calling out' comedians who dare broach taboo subject matter. What a fine bunch of totalitarians these kids will make.

I'm so old I remember when the 'progressive' college kids called that kind of behavior "fascism".

I feel the same way on Facebook. The vast majority of my friends are liberals and they seem to engage in this groupthink mentality, and often times I have the urge to respond and voice my opinion and think twice, "I better not". It's quite astonishing how I see the voices of opposition get pilloried and virtually stigmatized for having a view that doesn't line up with the herd.

I feel the same way on Facebook. The vast majority of my friends are liberals and they seem to engage in this groupthink mentality, and often times I have the urge to respond and voice my opinion and think twice, "I better not". It's quite astonishing how I see the voices of opposition get pilloried and virtually stigmatized for having a view that doesn't line up with the herd.

I refuse to talk politics on FB. Those people are friends and relatives. You people are just the opposite.

And then you come here and everything is all right in the world.

:-/

"I know, let's have a spelling contest."

May be the greatest single line in movie history.

Certainly one of the greatest insults. Although I was always partial to when he tells Billy Bob Thornton's character "Oh, Johnny, I apologize. I forgot you were there. You may go now."

If Val Kilmer had lost enough weight to look tubercular (like Dennis Quaid for Wyatt Earp), he probably would have gotten an Oscar. Awesome performance.