Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

That is certainly a risk you take with this concept, but it's an idea that has gotten Philly 20 wins in the last 2 seasons. I think it will hinge on turnovers more than 3 and outs

Phil also played in a pretty bad division. I don't hate that style of offense but the NFC East defenses suck. It's hard to tell how good Kelly's concepts really are until they beat a great D. Maybe they have, I'd have to look at their schedule the past couple years.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you guys are down on Joe. B. for being "negative" but let's be real here, haven't the quarterbacks been bad here in Buffalo for quite a while now? Isn't it possible that he's just reporting what he is seeing? I've always found Joe B. to be pretty informed.

I think he's well-informed (i.e., good access to info) but the problem lies in his own analysis and viewpoint. He's holding himself out as some sort of player evaluation expert at this point, and I don't believe such a reputation has been earned.

Phil also played in a pretty bad division. I don't hate that style of offense but the NFC East defenses suck. It's hard to tell how good Kelly's concepts really are until they beat a great D. Maybe they have, I'd have to look at their schedule the past couple years.

I don't disagree, but maybe Roman looks at the defenses in our division and thinks the best way to beat them is to limit their rest and time to react.

I know you guys are down on Joe. B. for being "negative" but let's be real here, haven't the quarterbacks been bad here in Buffalo for quite a while now? Isn't it possible that he's just reporting what he is seeing? I've always found Joe B. to be pretty informed.

We don't want informed opinions. We want nothing but homerism.

In actual context it was tied to the timing and motions comment. It sounds like the plan is lining up quickly in the right place, motion to cause confusion/get a read, run play, very little down time, repeat. Which could cause tremendous pressure on the defense as well as wear them down physically. Color me excited

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. In Philly when they talk about "fast paced" they mean time between running plays. Which is great when you have an offense which can sustain long drives. When that fails...

Throwing in a lot of motion keeps the pressure on, confuses defenses and, even better, chews up clock and doesn't let the defense relax.

I don't disagree, but maybe Roman looks at the defenses in our division and thinks the best way to beat them is to limit their rest and time to react.

The interesting part to that is Rex knows what can limit a great/talented D. Just as he knows what types of offensive players DCs have a hard time game planning for (i.e. Clay, Harvin), he also knows as a defensive coach what types of offenses can succeed against a strong defense. The execution is what ultimately matters, but it helps to have that perspective.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 3m3 minutes ago

Seantrel Henderson is working with the third team offensive line #TurnUp

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 3m3 minutes ago

Focus all of first part of offensive team work has been on screen game. All sorts of screens. WR, RB, TE. Even H-Back/FB screen. #Bills

Where's JJ Watt?? :devil:

I think a no huddle while Suh is off the field would actually be restful for our O-Line (assuming we get some first downs at some point)

gracias! im sure there are many that see those roll through, but never start discussion on them because they dont watch them at work or wherever, and dont go back later. cant blame gilmore for trying to distance himself from revis expectations. with the ryan hire he certainly got a spotlight shined straight on him to be compared to an ELITE corner.

It was not really that. He was saying that just as a guy he wants to let his playing do the talking.

He's not a rah rah guy. He chooses his words carefully and was never a big talker. In my mind he very much wants and relishes the Revis role from watching that interview, and can't wait to do it. He even talked about being on the island. He's one of the guys I'm most excited about this year. Barring injury he's going to be Pro Bowl.

I think a no huddle while Suh is off the field would actually be restful for our O-Line (assuming we get some first downs at some point)

Definitely, I think it'll be no huddle at more of a Manning pace than a Philly pace thanks to the motion and formations

It was not really that. He was saying that just as a guy he wants to let his playing do the talking.

He's not a rah rah guy. He chooses his words carefully and was never a big talker. In my mind he very much wants and relishes the Revis role from watching that interview, and can't wait to do it. He even talked about being on the island. He's one of the guys I'm most excited about this year. Barring injury he's going to be Pro Bowl.

Yeah, he said he would let his play do the talking in a way that made him seem like he was ready. I think he believes he can exceed the already high expectations being placed on him, but he doesn't want to yap about it, he just wants to do it.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I think he's well-informed (i.e., good access to info) but the problem lies in his own analysis and viewpoint. He's holding himself out as some sort of player evaluation expert at this point, and I don't believe such a reputation has been earned.

How do you discern him making himself out to be some "sort of player evaluation expert" and some reporter providing his opinion? After all, that is his job.

Edited by Magox

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 16s17 seconds ago

Just as I tweet that Marquise Goodwin unable to hold on to a nicely thrown Matt Cassel deep ball. Comes up hobbling. Looks ok now.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 1m1 minute ago

A few deep pass plays in a row called. Sequence went INC (tight coverage on sideline); INC (hold called on D); Sack