Women's World Cup

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That yellow on Holiday was a crap call. It was definitely a foul, but not even close to card-worthy.

Colombia draws crap calls. They play chippy, and every five seconds they have someone diving, and the officials always seem to buy it.

This is the third time I've watched them play (vs. France and England). I hope it's the last (looks like it will be, after that PK). They are annoying as **** to watch.

Colombia draws crap calls. They play chippy, and every five seconds they have someone diving, and the officials always seem to buy it.

This is the third time I've watched them play (vs. France and England). I hope it's the last (looks like it will be, after that PK). They are annoying as **** to watch.

As if their flopping wasn't annoying enough for one game, it's going to play a big role in the next game with the loss of Rapinoe and Holiday.

Hopefully the loss of rapinoe and holiday means inserting Press and Leroux. This is both because they will add more punch offensively, and because they are gorgeous.

Wambach has been terrible. She needs to be that 75th minute sub when you need a goal, not starting. She does nothing but cherry pick and she hasn't even been finishing her chances at a high rate.

Edited by FluffHead

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fifa-womens-world-cup/another-lackluster-effort-from-us-women/ar-AAbYk1f

"And yet, the Americans think they're doing just fine.

"This is the World Cup. I'm really satisfied with advancing," U.S. coach Jill Ellis said.

Others aren't, to put it mildly.

"If she is pleased with the way we played tonight then what the hell is she doing coaching our U.S. team," Michelle Akers, a star on the 1991 and '99 World Cup champion teams, said on SiriusXM FC's post-games show."

Well said, Michelle!

Edited by GaryPinC

why wasn't leroux playing last night? also, this is a stupid newbie question....having to sit out the next game doesn't mean the US plays 2 women down does it? how do the yellow cards work and how do they become red cards?

Hopefully the loss of rapinoe and holiday means inserting Press and Leroux. This is both because they will add more punch offensively, and because they are gorgeous.

Wambach has been terrible. She needs to be that 75th minute sub when you need a goal, not starting. She does nothing but cherry pick and she hasn't even been finishing her chances at a high rate.

why wasn't leroux playing last night? also, this is a stupid newbie question....having to sit out the next game doesn't mean the US plays 2 women down does it? how do the yellow cards work and how do they become red cards?

Two yellows equal a red. They'll be at full strength, just without those two.

2 yellows in the same game = red card ...2 in consecutive games = game suspension?

2 total yellows in any games prior to the semi's means a 1 game suspension. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Not really following this, but a men's team winning 2-0 in a quarterfinal would be cause for major celebration.

"If she is pleased with the way we played tonight then what the hell is she doing coaching our U.S. team," Michelle Akers, a star on the 1991 and '99 World Cup champion teams, said on SiriusXM FC's post-games show."

Well said, Michelle!

IMO, few things in sports more annoying than old timers criticizing everyone who's not living up to the "Well in my day..." standard.

That yellow on Holiday was a crap call. It was definitely a foul, but not even close to card-worthy.

agreed. the Colombians were taking falls and I was wishing the US would do the same.

well they are out so you get your wish!!

Dear Cristen Press,

Marry me. My wife won't mind, I promise.

:D I thik you need to take a number and wait in line

only red card players get booted and the team has to play short.

2 yellows in 1 game = red

2 yellows in the same game = red card ...2 in consecutive games = game suspension?

correct. team plays full strength

watching other teams play, I will agree the US women looked like they need improvement on passing and coordination.

that said a 2-0 win is good enough for me

Did I hear that this is the longest record (time) for keeping opponents scoreless!!! ??

Agreed her time is definitely up.

Not really following this, but a men's team winning 2-0 in a quarterfinal would be cause for major celebration.

IMO, few things in sports more annoying than old timers criticizing everyone who's not living up to the "Well in my day..." standard.

Lets not compare to men's game where other countries actually care and are funded.

It's not just an old timer ripping the coach.

Seems to be a consensus to everyone not named Jill Ellis:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/6/17/8796413/usa-nigeria-2015-womens-world-cup-jill-ellis-team-selection-tactics

The US women look out of sync. How many times were Wambach and Lloyd running to the exact same spot on crosses and corners? They look very bad offensively; thankfully the defense has made it a non-issue but they're about to start facing teams who can put the ball in the net.

Yeah, geez, is she a looker or what? Holy schnikees.

And talented - watching her play is a treat. And smart as hell, it seems. Went to Stanford, and judging by her blog is very well-spoken.

The US women look out of sync. How many times were Wambach and Lloyd running to the exact same spot on crosses and corners? They look very bad offensively; thankfully the defense has made it a non-issue but they're about to start facing teams who can put the ball in the net.

They are obviously out of sync, but I do think last night's disjointed play was exacerbated to no small degree by the Colombians' style of play. 15 penalties in the first half, 12 on the US. Tough to get in to any sort of rhythm when play is stopped every three minutes by the Colombians' theatrics.

Edited by DC Tom

They are obviously out of sync, but I do think last night's disjointed play was exacerbated to no small degree by the Colombians' style of play. 15 penalties in the first half, 12 on the US. Tough to get in to any sort of rhythm when play is stopped every three minutes by the Colombians' theatrics.

There was one "foul" in the half in which the Colombian looked up and was holding her mouth as if she had been kicked in the teeth, then they showed the replay and there was zero contact. Just disgraceful -- reminds me of why i hate watching men's soccer and only do so out of "obligation" during the World Cup.