Selling Tickets to Opposing Fans

I have season tickets in the lower bowl, 110, and almost every game there are fans of the opposing team next to or in front of me. I've asked them where they bought their tickets and it is always stubhub or NFL ticket exchange so it appears as if someone near my seats is frequently unloading their tickets to whomever is willing to buy them.

I know this is a very common theme across the stadium and I am not looking to start an attack on season ticket holders who do this as I understand it might be a necessary evil to offset cost and in my case these opposing fans have never been anything other than cool and courteous.

I am however curious to see where season ticket holders who need to unload unused games fall on this idea as far as if they would definitely not do it, try not to do it, or couldn't care less who buys their tickets.

It is probably stupid of me but up to this point I have struggled with the idea of putting unused tickets up for auction as I don't want to add to a cheering section for the opponent. I have even gone so far as to just give tickets away to friends, family or friends of friends/family just so I knew Bills fans would be in the seats even though I probably could have recovered my cost if not made a profit.

So what are the typical thoughts and activity for the rest of you out there?

I had season tickets for a little while. I could only go to about 4 a year so I would sell on Stubhub. I never worried about what team the person rooted for two reasons. Firstly, they would never outnumber us at the Ralph. Secondly, it would rarely, if ever be a division rival that I'd sell and I don't mind letting opposing fans experience seeing their team live. It's such an incredibly fun atmosphere (with the exception of some jerks) that I'd recommend it to a fan of any team.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I also have definitely noticed the uptick in opposing fans at games ever since StubHub/NFL Ticket Exchange became a thing. As a fan, it annoys me. But not too much.

Im a season ticket holder, and if I ever couldnt make a game, I would try as hard as I could to find someone I know (as a Bills fan) to sell the tickets to first. Id go the Exchange route if need be, and dont have anything against others doing it, but it would be my plan B (or even C).

I also think there are a good number of season tickets being purchased by people who have no intention on ever going to a game, and just buy them to sell them. Those seem to almost always end up in the hands of opposing fans.

It sucks, but not much we can do about it.

I for one hate the thought of selling tickets to opposing teams but that is what you get when you throw the tix up on 3rd party sites. At Lambeau, it is hard to get tickets, and for some games we see a bunch of opposing teams fans there, and it kills me. Taking away from more noise.

I have had season tickets for 8 years (section 136) and live in California. I originally bought the tickets to do my little part to keep the team in Buffalo- now, thankfully, that's not a concern!

I come to at least two games a year (have been to 20 some odd games during my time as a season ticket holder) but sell the rest. My season ticket purchase was never about making money, but I also didn't want to lose my shirt. So, accordingly, if I can't find a buddy in Buffalo to buy the games I don't attend, I put them on-line. Sorry.

I really can't complain. A group of us attend a Bills away game every year (Philly this year) and we always grab out tickets on Stub Hub.

Last year we were in Denver - HUGE pre game Bills party adjacent to the stadium parking lot

Three years ago in Cleveland - about 15000 Bills fans at the game. Bills fans took over parking lot tailgating

Dallas game four year ago - THOUSANDS of Bills fans

Bills fans are dispersed AND travel, we represent pretty well on the road. Can't really get mad for other team's fans coming to the Ralph.

I live in Miami and took over my Dad's season tickets (he was a charter season ticket holder) when he passed away. I did not have the heart to give up the tickets because they had been in the family for so long and I had so many great family and football memories going to games.

As someone above mentioned, I also kept these tickets to do my small part to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

I try to go to as many games as I can, but it is increasingly difficult with family obligations down here.

Before the NFL ticket exchange, I used to take a bath on the cost of the tickets (unless I could go to games or family members could go). With the NFL ticket exchange, I can at least sell the tickets without having to spend a bunch of time doing so etc. I also do not have to worry about offending anyone about asking for whatever price the market has for that particular game. My goal is to at least break even on the season.

I make no apologies for that. Bills fans have the same ability to buy my tickets (which are on the 45 yard line, 23rd row) as anyone else. I hope Bills fans buy the tickets, but, as you know, I have no way of knowing that.

Edited by Peter

Sounds like consensus is try for a Bills fan and if no luck go to open market and hope for one.

There are some good points here that I will use to try and alleviate any possible guilt over publicly selling my tickets the next time I need to. :thumbsup:

I should have considered how the convenience of auctioning sites also benefits traveling Bills fans as an upside to them also possibly polluting Bills home games.

I was in Tampa two season ago and the lots we tailgated in felt like they were 90% Bills fans. Even the walk into the stadium felt more like I was going through home lots than being a visitor. Bills fans definitely represented that day, too bad the team didn't reciprocate.

Someone posted this in a similar post last month.

My STH rep told me all tickets now listed on Stubhub or NFL Ticket Exchange are listed by 'Preferred Vendors'.

STHs cannot post their tickets for sale yet.

This link was very enlightening and shows why more visitors are at the game in prime seats.

I hope Bills STHs are not losing upgrade possibilities so the Ticket Office can sell more seats to these professional Ticket Vendors.

I wonder if these are the "preferred ticket vendors":

http://www.scrippsme...-304167631.html

Edited by K-No

I have seasons and live 6 hours out. I can't always make it(work etc). I'm not in an area where I can sell it to other bills fans so 3rd party site is my only option.

In a perfect world it would be two well behaved bills fans who pay top dollar, but its not up to me.

I used to sit in friends' seats when I went and noticed that the seats ahead of us were always occupied with opposing fans. Usually they were okay although once a drunk spilled his drink on me getting up fast to cheer for opposing team play. Following game different fans and this one was rude and disorderly swearing at people and started getting pushy. The person next to me called using cell phone security and the person was removed with him and companion trying to fight. Next year the people ahead of me were Bills fans and I talked to them - the season ticket holder had rights removed and he was able to buy season tickets in these seats,

This is one of the risks you need to take selling the tickets. Pretty sure it applies no matter how you sell but more likely to occur with sales to opposing fans.

I really can't complain. A group of us attend a Bills away game every year (Philly this year) and we always grab out tickets on Stub Hub.

Last year we were in Denver - HUGE pre game Bills party adjacent to the stadium parking lot

Three years ago in Cleveland - about 15000 Bills fans at the game. Bills fans took over parking lot tailgating

Bills fans are dispersed AND travel, we represent pretty well on the road. Can't really get mad for other team's fans coming to the Ralph.

I still think Donald Jones is my favorite all time bill.

Someone posted this in a similar post last month.

My STH rep told me all tickets now listed on Stubhub or NFL Ticket Exchange are listed by 'Preferred Vendors'.

STHs cannot post their tickets for sale yet.

This link was very enlightening and shows why more visitors are at the game in prime seats.

I hope Bills STHs are not losing upgrade possibilities so the Ticket Office can sell more seats to these professional Ticket Vendors.

I wonder if these are the "preferred ticket vendors":

http://www.scrippsme...-304167631.html

I posted the first preseason game on there because I can't go, I'll be on a fishing trip.

I don't know if anyone will buy them, but they are there on the exchange. I'm not a preferred vendor. Maybe it is a preseason thing.

I have season tickets in the lower bowl, 110, and almost every game there are fans of the opposing team next to or in front of me. I've asked them where they bought their tickets and it is always stubhub or NFL ticket exchange so it appears as if someone near my seats is frequently unloading their tickets to whomever is willing to buy them.

I know this is a very common theme across the stadium and I am not looking to start an attack on season ticket holders who do this as I understand it might be a necessary evil to offset cost and in my case these opposing fans have never been anything other than cool and courteous.

I am however curious to see where season ticket holders who need to unload unused games fall on this idea as far as if they would definitely not do it, try not to do it, or couldn't care less who buys their tickets.

It is probably stupid of me but up to this point I have struggled with the idea of putting unused tickets up for auction as I don't want to add to a cheering section for the opponent. I have even gone so far as to just give tickets away to friends, family or friends of friends/family just so I knew Bills fans would be in the seats even though I probably could have recovered my cost if not made a profit.

So what are the typical thoughts and activity for the rest of you out there?

Unless you have seasons,The clubs are filled with opposing teams fans. becuase they never sell out. You can buy them at the box office on game day. a lot of WNY doesn't like the price there. Who cares who buys seats on the secondary market. Who do you get seats for road games from?

This is so true.

And, I actually like seeing the fans of other teams here. It means that they purposely traveled to Buffalo and spent money in the area............And, hopefully had a good time to tell everybody about.

I used to sit in friends' seats when I went and noticed that the seats ahead of us were always occupied with opposing fans. Usually they were okay although once a drunk spilled his drink on me getting up fast to cheer for opposing team play. Following game different fans and this one was rude and disorderly swearing at people and started getting pushy. The person next to me called using cell phone security and the person was removed with him and companion trying to fight. Next year the people ahead of me were Bills fans and I talked to them - the season ticket holder had rights removed and he was able to buy season tickets in these seats,

This is one of the risks you need to take selling the tickets. Pretty sure it applies no matter how you sell but more likely to occur with sales to opposing fans.

I thought if you sold through TicketExchange you were not responsible for the drama in your seats since that is the official ticket reseller for the Bills. If it is sold through stubhub or another vendor, then you are responsible.

I live 7 1/2 hours away, so I get to the games I can. If I cannot find someone willin to go, I will put them up on TicketExchange. I shared them with my Dad since he was retired and not going, and I took them over when he passed away to help keep the team in Buffalo (or at least do my small part in supporting the team).

Edited by Guffalo

I thought if you sold through TicketExchange you were not responsible for the drama in your seats since that is the official ticket reseller for the Bills. If it is sold through stubhub or another vendor, then you are responsible.

I live 7 1/2 hours away, so I get to the games I can. If I cannot find someone willin to go, I will put them up on TicketExchange. I shared them with my Dad since he was retired and not going, and I took them over when he passed away to help keep the team in Buffalo (or at least do my small part in supporting the team).

I would hope that is the case. If not, I have to believe that you would have a great argument with the Bills not to have your rights removed. The Bills and the NFL get a cut of what was paid.