Bills to announce record-breaking season ticket sales

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect for a 65,000 seat stadium in downtown.

Yep...just a bit larger capacity than Lucas Oil, so that makes sense.

Yep, on that note I heard last week that it is going to be the location where Chef's is. Take it FWIW.

Funny side note: the day you mentioned this originally, one of my best friends texted me to say that Whaley and his kid were having dinner at Chef's!

With the blackout lifted, we will be dumping our 4 tickets........the real impact of the new TV rules will be seen next year, not this year. The lifting of the blackout was done after most seaseon ticket holders had purchased.

Yep, on that note I heard last week that it is going to be the location where Chef's is. Take it FWIW.

funny story about chefs

When I was about 20, I worked for a fire suppression company doing inspections. I was inspecting Chefs. We replace the links that trigger the powder fire suppression. The links are designed to melt at a certain temperature which triggers the powder bottles which puts out the fire.

Unfortunatley one of the links got mixed up and i installed a lower temp link. Needless to say when they were cooking in the morning the links triggered. I was fired from that job after that.

my fault should of double checked the links but I took it for granted that they were the right ones based on their location in our tool box. A learning experience for me

Edited by ddaryl

With the blackout lifted, we will be dumping our 4 tickets........the real impact of the new TV rules will be seen next year, not this year. The lifting of the blackout was done after most seaseon ticket holders had purchased.

I would much rather be at the game, the blackout rule definitely won't effect my season ticket status. And I think many feel that way, so you may lose a few hundred at most, but you won't see a significant drop IMO....

Always been interested in the percentage of seasons that are scalpers/brokers. When you look at available tickets on third party sites like stubhub, there are listings of entire rows. My point is, the record might be broken but that its overstated by the change in NYS scalping law since the glory years when I would bet my house that more tickets were owned by actual fans than are today.

Always been interested in the percentage of seasons that are scalpers/brokers. When you look at available tickets on third party sites like stubhub, there are listings of entire rows. My point is, the record might be broken but that its overstated by the change in NYS scalping law since the glory years when I would bet my house that more tickets were owned by actual fans than are today.

The season ticket reps I talked to this year actually mentioned StubHub by name and said buying season tickets saves money over StubHub - they know they're losing money to StubHub. No one wants to go to the November/December games if the team's already out of contention by then.

From my experience, the number was about 15%. The Bills may be slightly lower than this but it is a decent guide.

funny story about chefs

When I was about 20, I worked for a fire suppression company doing inspections. I was inspecting Chefs. We replace the links that trigger the powder fire suppression. The links are designed to melt at a certain temperature which triggers the powder bottles which puts out the fire.

Unfortunatley one of the links got mixed up and i installed a lower temp link. Needless to say when they were cooking in the morning the links triggered. I was fired from that job after that.

my fault should of double checked the links but I took it for granted that they were the right ones based on their location in our tool box. A learning experience for me

Ha ha, that is really funny.

Funny side note: the day you mentioned this originally, one of my best friends texted me to say that Whaley and his kid were having dinner at Chef's!

I love Chef's.

is there anyway they can incorporate Chef's into the design?

As rumor has it the "new" Chef's will be across the street from the stadium.

Chef's is overrated and the portions are small.

DiTondo's is right down the street and much better:

https://www.zomato.com/buffalo/ditondos-tavern-buffalo

DiTondo's is really good too. Chef's spaghetti parm extra crispy is one of my favorite things in the world though.

I love Chef's.

Can't beat the home-style feel of Chef's. Personally, when I'm getting home-style Italian, I go to Romeo and Juliet's or Carmine's, but that's more of a convenience thing.

Chef's is overrated and the portions are small.

DiTondo's is right down the street and much better:

https://www.zomato.com/buffalo/ditondos-tavern-buffalo

I find Chef's and DiTondo's to be practically identical in every way. JMO though.

Edited by thebandit27

funny story about chefs

They fired you for an honest mistake like that. Man tough place to work.