Bills' Organized Team Activities Week 2: June 1-4

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might have been a moron for that stunt. He certainly paid/payed for it though.

Chalk it up.

and move on.

He seems smart enough to not make the same mistakes twice.

Loathed him

Now that we know him better?

Love Him

I always thought Rex was a buffoon in front of the media, but I also recognized that he did a lot of that to put the pressure on himself and not his players. There was never any denying that his guys loved playing for him.

What I didn't have enough respect for was how strongly he'd work to establish a connection with the community and team ambassadors. That was a pleasant surprise.

Now I just want to see how he manages things during the game. I remember seeing a lot of bad challenge flags and odd gameday decisions from him; I'm hopeful that he's learned from his days with NJ.

Some of you guys should start ironing your underwear, 'cause you've got your panties in a bunch over nothing.

Oh Sweet Jesus, the season can not start soon enough.

:lol: Yeah. I'll take the blame for this spiraling out of control.

:lol: Yeah. I'll take the blame for this spiraling out of control.

well It's not just you, they are talking about it a lot on the two national sports shows i listened to this morning - Mike & Mike, and the one on CBS sports radio with Brandon Tierney and tiki barber. The latter one is really slamming mccoy. Edited by YoloinOhio

well It's not just you, they are talking about it a lot on the two national sports shows i listened to this morning - Mike & Mike, and the one on CBS sports radio with Brandon Tierney and tiki barber. The latter one is really slamming mccoy.

Yeah. I don't even like Chippie the Pooh, so I'm just going to drop it after this. My reaction had little to do with his comments yesterday, and more with Chip's comments the other day that he hasn't talked to McCoy because McCoy won't return his calls.

You're right though Yolo, it isn't anyone's business but theirs so I needn't worry about it.

I always thought Rex was a buffoon in front of the media, but I also recognized that he did a lot of that to put the pressure on himself and not his players. There was never any denying that his guys loved playing for him.

What I didn't have enough respect for was how strongly he'd work to establish a connection with the community and team ambassadors. That was a pleasant surprise.

Now I just want to see how he manages things during the game. I remember seeing a lot of bad challenge flags and odd gameday decisions from him; I'm hopeful that he's learned from his days with NJ.

I am not that surprised at how Rex has embraced the community. That is in large part though because I saw the same thing with his brother in NOLA. He rides in Mardi Gras parades, shows up to Pelicans game in a Davis jersey, dances at Greekfest, marches in the St. patty's parade and buys drinks after games at this little hole-in-the wall. The Ryan's assimilate and understand that you WANT the community on your side. With that being said I don't think that it is fake though. A lot of us have moved places and embraced certain aspects of the culture. Rex is doing just that.

I started thinking yesterday is Rex the "biggest star" in Buffalo sports history (at least outside of OJ)? I know that Jim Kelly's stardom has been on the rise lately and Gronk is up there with Rex. But it is possible that he is THE most recognizable person to ever be a part of Buffalo sports.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah. I don't even like Chippie the Pooh, so I'm just going to drop it after this. My reaction had little to do with his comments yesterday, and more with Chip's comments the other day that he hasn't talked to McCoy because McCoy won't return his calls.

You're right though Yolo, it isn't anyone's business but theirs so I needn't worry about it.

the McCoy thing is bringing some negative PR to the Bills, no doubt. I'm not really on any "side" other than I don't criticize him at all for not talking about it to the media yesterday. Wrong time and place. He or the Bills should have put out a statement long ago because the media will latch onto anything controversial and milk it forever. They should have been better prepared for his media session yesterday, knowing he would be questioned.

Hopefully Rexs good PR will balance things out! The NFL is very diverse place. If I'm given the opportunity to invite a couple Bills over to my house for dinner I would go with Freddy and Kyle and not Shady and Percy. But some coaches are comfortable with highly talented/big ego/diva players because their management style fits. Rex is like that, we have a couple big time talents now that comes with some risk, the trick is handling it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

the McCoy thing is bringing some negative PR to the Bills, no doubt. I'm not really on any "side" other than I don't criticize him at all for not talking about it to the media yesterday. Wrong time and place. He or the Bills should have put out a statement long ago because the media will latch onto anything controversial and milk it forever. They should have been better prepared for his media session yesterday, knowing he would be questioned.

Hopefully Rexs good PR will balance things out! The NFL is very diverse place. If I'm given the opportunity to invite a couple Bills over to my house for dinner I would go with Freddy and Kyle and not Shady and Percy. But some coaches are comfortable with highly talented/big ego/diva players because their management style fits. Rex is like that, we have a couple big time talents now that comes with some risk, the trick is handling it.

Good, rational points.

Well it took longer than we thought but there is your playoff gurantee

CBF

thurman Thomas also guaranteed playoffs last week. I thought it was stronger than Rex's, who was asked if he thought they would make the playoffs and said "yes I think we will." The one guarantee he would make was that no one would want to play the Bills. I think that's fair. Edited by YoloinOhio

Concerning game day decisions, Jets fans say that for all Rex's aggressiveness, he tends to play prevent defense at the end of halfs. We shall see.