Bills Release Jeff Tuel and Claim Matt Simms

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his defense I was on that cruise with the 1 coaches' dad (2 years in a row actually). His son is on the current staff and the last staff (offensive side) and he said that they don't believe in him. Take it with a grain of salt and things can change but there is some of that sentiment within the building. I'm not sure that translates to him being cut but there are concerns. They don't think that he goes through his progressions fast enough.

I could care less who wins the job and it is a little odd that there seem to be factions on here that hate a particular guy. At the end of the day we all have our opinions but we should defer to the coaches and support whoever it ends up being.

It would be hard to believe they didn't have strong concerns that he might never be good. I don't think even his biggest supporters here have the same concerns. No one ever says he's good. The only thing anyone ever says is that he has played good at times and we don't know for sure he sucks, he may have just been held back.

Frankly, I don't trust any of those offensive coaches from last year.

It would be hard to believe they didn't have strong concerns that he might never be good. I don't think even his biggest supporters here have the same concerns. No one ever says he's good. The only thing anyone ever says is that he has played good at times and we don't know for sure he sucks, he may have just been held back.

Ha ha, I don't disagree at all. This guy actually liked Marrone!!! There is some of that sentiment at OBD but that doesn't mean that they love any of these guys. The reality is the QB situation hasn't been good in forever and they won 9 games last year. This team is stacked regardless of who is under center.

It sounds like the Bills need to beef up their scouting staff for QBs for the next draft just in case :cry:

they should just use a TBD poll asking which QB they should draft and when. #wearealwaysright #exceptwhenwerenot #big10plz Edited by YoloinOhio

It sounds like the Bills need to beef up their scouting staff for QBs for the next draft just in case :cry:

There are a bunch next year (Hackenberg, Cook, Cardale, Goff, Brissett). Some of them will be franchise guys and some won't. Hopefully, we get the right guy if we take one.

Jeff Tuel never even got 14 starts in the NFL. I don't see how it is possible for the coaches to determine that he will never be a top tier starting QB in the NFL. But what magic to they exercise such judgement?

Nice. I see what you did there.

Nope. That's a process that Greg Roman brought to the Bills from the 49ers.

Ah ha.

consider it filed.

But isnt Simms still a better fit for a camp arm? I have read nothing special about him. ever.

Nice. I see what you did there.

i too saw that :w00t:

Ha ha, I don't disagree at all. This guy actually liked Marrone!!! There is some of that sentiment at OBD but that doesn't mean that they love any of these guys. The reality is the QB situation hasn't been good in forever and they won 9 games last year. This team is stacked regardless of who is under center.

I truly think that the relationship between Whaley & Marrone broke down last spring when Whaley didn't do anything to upgrade the QB position & depth. I don't think it's a coincidence that the meltdown in August was over the QB position and Whaley had to go hard after the only available legit QB still out there.

I truly think that the relationship between Whaley & Marrone broke down last spring when Whaley didn't do anything to upgrade the QB position & depth. I don't think it's a coincidence that the meltdown in August was over the QB position and Whaley had to go hard after the only available legit QB still out there.

Well, fortunately St. Doug worked one of his 2 miracles to win 9 games.

There is no question that Hackett was in over his head, and Marrone wasn't helping at all. I think "the Saint" was more concerned over helping his buddy the ST coach then the OC.

EJ even stated he learned far more from watching Orton prepare for a game then he ever did from Hackett. So anything Whaley derived from the last years coaching staff is basically worthless IMO. Just think in EJ's first year in the NFL in 2013 all he had to learn from was Hackett. With no QB coach, along with rookies Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel. What a clusterF of stupidity!

Then last year Hackett goes pass happy all year with virtually no run game from the week four Texans game and on. Forty plus passes almost every game from Orton, and to his credit the guy managed to go 7-5. Its my take that Hackett tried to throw the entire offensive book at EJ and he wasn't up to the task of 40 passes per game behind that godawful line. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Hackett threw EJ under the bus to the FO, and put all the blame for EJ not developing quickly enough on EJ. Besides, 14 game starts being mentored by a moron doesn't count at all in my view.

This season EJ is going to be playing in a near perfect run first system for him to develop properly, and he now has a decent receiving corps to throw it to. If Greg Roman can set up an offensive game plan like Cam Cameron set up for Joe Flacco then I think we may see quite an improvement in EJ this year.

Jeff Tuel was a wasted roster spot from the start.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I saw EJ play well at times, play poorly at times, but the overall feeling I have is that we have absolutely no idea whether he can be good or not because of that schittstorm of an offensive coaching staff he was dealing with.

This summer we will find out. I have infinitely more trust in what a guy like Roman thinks, and I will be comfortable with the decision they make.

And that said, I am really rooting for EJ.

I liked Tuel. One pass goes different, maybe he be our starter right now!

I think the same thing about Manuel and the Houston game.

Of course, you can start a lot of sentences with "One pass goes different..." and fill in the rest with just about anything.