Kraft speaks

The difference is that the team was deeply involved with bountygate. Coaches specifically.

Where is the institutional penalty for PED abuse in Seattle? How about institutional penalty for the Steelers or the Lions for the cheap shot/dirty hits their players routinely were/are fined for?

If the PED's were found to be supplied by someone on the team payroll I could see it, otherwise, no. Player conduct on the field I do not see.

...For their role in we-did-absolutely-nothing-wrong. <_<

Interesting pickle that they've put the league in though, isn't it? They, apparently, have to agree to have them reinstated. If not it's just another example of THE LEAGUE keeping the little guy in his place.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, not on Rice or AP or Bountygate...but this is the case where they have to stand firm--balls a tiny bit softer than the league allows?

Unless you're sitting on a flux capacitor, there's nothing that can be done about past suspensions/penalties being screwed up.

Unless you're sitting on a flux capacitor, there's nothing that can be done about past suspensions/penalties being screwed up.

Point was, I think, why come down on the organization? I see why and have no issue with it (& that's not, IMO, hinged on my disdain for that organization).

If the PED's were found to be supplied by someone on the team payroll I could see it, otherwise, no. Player conduct on the field I do not see.

Interesting pickle that they've put the league in though, isn't it? They, apparently, have to agree to have them reinstated. If not it's just another example of THE LEAGUE keeping the little guy in his place.

If your players feel it's ok to ue PEDs after others are busted for same, isn't there a lack of institutional control? The team knew this was going on. If the Wells report says the coach and team didn't know deflating was going on, where is their liability?

You had the opportunity to draw your line in the sand on those (far more serious) offenses but you have chosen this one as the over-the-top event for you--that's what I was asking

Edited by Mr. WEO

Point was, I think, why come down on the organization? I see why and have no issue with it (& that's not, IMO, hinged on my disdain for that organization).

My interest is primarily standing firm on the player's penalty.

If your players feel it's ok to ue PEDs after others are busted for same, isn't there a lack of institutional control?

Nope.

Regarding the pats*** this was, allegedly, a multi-layered infraction. Player and team employee.

A player stomping another doesn't fit.

My interest is primarily standing firm on the player's penalty.

Well then you quoted the wrong post.

Imo

Nope.

Regarding the pats*** this was, allegedly, a multi-layered infraction. Player and team employee.

A player stomping another doesn't fit.

Well then you quoted the wrong post.

Imo

the employee and player were acting automomously without the knowledge of the coach or team officals/owner.

the employee and player were acting automomously without the knowledge of the coach or team officals/owner.

Two (at least) employees, one player under contract (allegedly) CONSPIRED to act outside of the rules of the game. That conspiracy included (allegedly) gifts/favors from the contractor to the employee(s).

Imo

Imo - the owner and HC should be well aware of what their players are up to.

but hey when you have multiple former players convicted of felonies - 1 for murder, 1 for drug trafficking of large amounts of pot and who knows what else not prosecuted, a little tampering is nothing

so they should get a pass!

I'm with you 1000%

/sarc

Two (at least) employees, one player under contract (allegedly) CONSPIRED to act outside of the rules of the game. That conspiracy included (allegedly) gifts/favors from the contractor to the employee(s).

Imo

I get the relationship between the parties, but not sure where the liability of the insttituion begins.

Imo - the owner and HC should be well aware of what their players are up to.

but hey when you have multiple former players convicted of felonies - 1 for murder, 1 for drug trafficking of large amounts of pot and who knows what else not prosecuted, a little tampering is nothing

so they should get a pass!

I'm with you 1000%

/sarc

If the owner and HC were held responsible for all crimes committed by their players, teams like the Bengals wouldn't exist by now.

"The Patriots suspended James McNally and John Jastremski indefinitely on May 6, with the NFL indicating that the pair could not be rehired without the league's approval"

So hear Shefter reporting the league asked the Pats to suspend those two chuckleheads. But if that was the case, why would Kraft just not say that?

https://m.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/957919684260673

This whole thing is just whacked.

And I have no idea, but I wonder if there is a difference between indefinetely suspended without pay and being dismissed. I honestly don't know.

Edited by plenzmd1

@AdamSchefter: Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft already have met, spoke and even hugged, per an industry source who witnessed it.

@AdamSchefter: Goodell-Kraft attended Sean McManus 60th birthday Sat in NYC; they were spotted on a couch, talking by themselves for quite a long time."

I get the relationship between the parties, but not sure where the liability of the insttituion begins.

If it weren't your favorite team you'd see that it is similar to the Saints situation and different from that of the Seahawks.

Of the 32 teams how many do you think currently have a player or more using PEDs? How many of the 32 have players and employees actively undermining rules of the game?

@AdamSchefter: Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft already have met, spoke and even hugged, per an industry source who witnessed it.

@AdamSchefter: Goodell-Kraft attended Sean McManus 60th birthday Sat in NYC; they were spotted on a couch, talking by themselves for quite a long time."

At any point did they start crying? Edited by 4merper4mer

Anyway, this is what McNair said:

He can't even bring himself to say that cheating actually occured. It's "complicated"........

What benefit would it serve any owner to accuse Pats* of cheating in this case?

Jim Kelly chimes in.

:death:

So is Kraft still releasing videos of him acting with his "friend"? Ya know, the "friend" that is like 30-40 years younger than he is..

Well Jerry did the same thing with friends that were probably 50-60 years younger than him not too long ago.

Part of me feels like the league warned the team about the balls ahead of time. The team didn't comply and were caught. Goodell wanted to save face for an owner/team directly disobeying him though, so he smacks the team with fine/draft picks, but doesn't get into the reasoning behind it.

I feel like that would have been brought up either by leak, publicly or the Wells report. I don't think the Pats* would be banging the "sting operation" drum as loudly if that were the case.

JMO