Is the Flutie Curse over with?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could argue something more recent like Losman/Edwards if that's more your style.

Sadly, each of the most recent QB changes were pretty clear cut, save the late season KO slump. Our QB play has been beyond putrid, but the chain was clear;

JP<Trent<Fitz. EJ definitely had more skills and upside than Fitz, but has yet to realize that potential.

I think the curse goes back to Frank Reich. We would have beaten the Cowgirls if he had started in the Super Bowl.

LO effing L. I knew you crazies were out their. This topic has officially jumped the shark.

Edited by Ramblin' Rob

I think the curse goes back to Frank Reich. We would have beaten the Cowgirls if he had started in the Super Bowl.

LO effing L. I knew you crazies were out their.

I don't know if Bilbo is joking or not, I'm going to assume he is, but I definitely remember a small faction of people who didn't think Kelly should start the AFC Championship game against Miami based on how well Reich played in the comeback and against the Steelers.

At least then people actually had good QB talent to argue about instead of debating which flavor of crap smells better like they resort to now.

You are proving my point. Flutie gets a parade of excuses. Yet Rob Johnson leaves his game with the Bills winning and it's his fault they lost. Don't get the idea that I am sticking up for RJ. Just pointing out the ludicrous mulligans some fans give Flutie while crucifying any other Bills players, current of former, for any mistake they make.

How would I sound if I was making excuses for Bryce Brown fumbling in the KC game? "Well, he was hit pretty hard. I mean any RB would fumble in that situation. And really you can't blame Chandler either. That ball has pointy ends that make it bounce weird."

That's what you sound like.

never seen you make less sense

The only Flutie curse are his fans telling me and every one else how he would have won the games against thie Titans but refuse to say how the Bills withe Flutie at QB lost to the Dolghins the year before in a play off game

Correction ( with, Dolphins)

Now all they have to do is spend their big bucks on a premier coach like Mike Babcock and fix the Sabres. I don't suspect they have a problem with that. The fish just has to bite.

I hope Babcock signs with the Sabres.

Magic, curses, ghosts, volcano worship, voodoo.... All fabricated by man to explain things that are hard to understand.

This isn't.

There was a very old rich man that wouldn't cede control of his team to those that knew the modern game better. His apparent and understandable prioritization of operational success over on the field success near the end resulted in perennial mediocrity. The strategy exploited a captive market by generating revenue without needing to deliver superior competitive performance.

What we may come to know better some day is whether this was the unintentional byproduct of falling behind the other management teams and losing a step or a deliberate risk mitigation strategy.

never seen you make less sense

What's so hard to understand?

Either you haven't spent enough time here, or I have spent way too much time here, because it made sense to me.

It's like trying to explain to a Pats** fan his team cheats.

What's so hard to understand?

It's like trying to explain to a Pats** fan his team cheats.

well agai you ignore the body of work in a game where doug "went off" offensively. then compare the last plays, while ignoring the real goats of the game, Reed, Moulds. Then you ignore RJs pathetic stats and give him credit for moving the ball 30 yards against a prevent in a game they should have dominated if not for his sacks and lack of play making. So its the ultimate in hypocracy, did you blame Norwood too for sb 25? or did the defense play any part in that?

I dare you to post rjs stats in that game vs fluties the year before. side by side. then still blame Flutie and give Johnson a pass

well agai you ignore the body of work in a game where doug "went off" offensively. then compare the last plays, while ignoring the real goats of the game, Reed, Moulds. Then you ignore RJs pathetic stats and give him credit for moving the ball 30 yards against a prevent in a game they should have dominated if not for his sacks and lack of play making. So its the ultimate in hypocracy, did you blame Norwood too for sb 25? or did the defense play any part in that?

I dare you to post rjs stats in that game vs fluties the year before. side by side. then still blame Flutie and give Johnson a pass

I am happy to see that you are such a big flutie supporter. Lets me know I'm on the side of right.

I dare you to post rjs stats in that game vs fluties the year before. side by side. then still blame Flutie and give Johnson a pass[/quotflutie threw a 2nd quarter int in the red zone and fumbled the ball away in the red zone to end the game stats don't mean a pinch when you lose

Edited by Little Dog