Bills hosting the "Terminator" FB John Connor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how this is a good move for him unless Roman is going to use FB instead of TE. That's possible but unlikely I think. It's good for the Bills in training camp and preseason but I don't see how he makes the roster.

Well FBs aren't exactly in high demand, and despite people liking his name Conner has had trouble finding and keeping jobs in the NFL. This is as good of a chance for him as any. He hasn't been on a roster for a full season since 2011. Of his ~4 yrs experience in the NFL, all of it was in NY, and 3 with Rex Ryan (who drafted him, let him go, then resigned him last year).

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Well FBs aren't exactly in high demand, and despite people liking his name Conner has had trouble finding and keeping jobs in the NFL. This is as good of a chance for him as any. He hasn't been on a roster for a full season since 2011. Of his ~4 yrs experience in the NFL, all of it was in NY, and 3 with Rex Ryan (who drafted him, let him go, then resigned him last year).

Yeah I guess. Just doesn't seem like much of a chance to stay unless there is injury. I guess if he could get another job on another team that uses a FB he would have taken it.

Yeah I guess. Just doesn't seem like much of a chance to stay unless there is injury. I guess if he could get another job on another team that uses a FB he would have taken it.

Good showcase opportunity given coaches and depth at rb. Guy hasn't always been on week 1 rosters and I imagine some 3rd quarter blocking for Bryce brown might be appealing to show himself on tape in preseason.

Edited by NoSaint

They are also carrying like 13 or 14 Wrs into TC. I am thinking it has something to do with how they are setting up the qb competition with the two fields - they want an actual FB on each field to duplicate the plays... And need all those WRs for the same reason?

Interesting thought...

Yep. Could be just a favor from Rex--the longer he stays active in the NFL, the more chance he has to sign somewhere after he's cut...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492488/article/bills-sign-fb-john-the-terminator-conner

Edited by Lurker

they had a FB named Corey Knox who they cut. I didn't know who he was.

this is funny. I just had a conversation with a friend that works at the stadium about knox. Knox was complaining about the seasoning on the fish that was served and giving my friend a hard time about it then proceeded to take 7+ pieces. He asked him his name and said oh you can take as many as you want you won't be here long and 2 days later he was cut lmao.

also I have watched terminator 2 three times this week. Odd...

Edited by kr632

kudos to Corey Knox from Cheektowaga. he was cut today for the Terminator but he was with the team for a bit and who knows he might get another shot down the road. if anything, he got to live his dream for a little while and will have some great stories to tell his kids!

I love the creativity. Hopefully it leads to a good offense.

Yeah that would be something almost never seen and could create advantages for us as Felton/Connor would likely overpower the extra LBs put in to defend against it...creates a starter versus backup matchup in our favor

this is funny. I just had a conversation with a friend that works at the stadium about knox. Knox was complaining about the seasoning on the fish that was served and giving my friend a hard time about it then proceeded to take 7+ pieces. He asked him his name and said oh you can take as many as you want you won't be here long and 2 days later he was cut lmao.

also I have watched terminator 2 three times this week. Odd...

he lasted longer than any of us will. i think that's pretty cool. i don't know him (a friend of mine does) so maybe he's a jerk or maybe your friend sucks at preparing fish. who knows :)

he lasted longer than any of us will. i think that's pretty cool. i don't know him (a friend of mine does) so maybe he's a jerk or maybe your friend sucks at preparing fish. who knows :)

lol. True. Idk if knox was being a jerk or just messing around. My friend can be a jerk tho. I would lean towards my friend being a jack ass. Knox didn't want lemon pepper on his fish just wanted it plain. All the fish the chef made was seasoned.

lol. True. Idk if knox was being a jerk or just messing around. My friend can be a jerk tho. I would lean towards my friend being a jack ass. Knox didn't want lemon pepper on his fish just wanted it plain. All the fish the chef made was seasoned.

yea I think fish is gross so a little seasoning would help. it's definitely good for you though. i should eat more of it but i can't get over the wet slimy taste lol

Edited by kdiggz