Bills hosting the "Terminator" FB John Connor

Reminds me of the scene from the 1993 movie "The Professional" where Gary Oldman tells his guy to bring "everyone"....

You wonder if the modern NFL defense, designed to defend the pass, could stop the Rolling Thunder formation. (7OL/2FB/1RB)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DraftDiamonds: Were told that the #Bills love Conner's blocking ability & would like to add him as a compliment to Jerome Felton. Also ST and Big Back sets

@ChrisTrapasso: I thhiiink #Bills OC Greg Roman wants to be able to roll out a 7 OL, 2 FB, 1 RB formation.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

how about the 8-2-1 formation

Just curious, what position(s) would you rather see kept?

pretty much everything outside backup long snapper, and.... i think thats it? if we stock special teams like we have been, and have an extra kicker, and play enough FB sets to justify 2 on the roster while spending heavily on pass catchers..... it would be a little headscratching, no?

pretty much everything outside backup long snapper, and.... i think thats it? if we stock special teams like we have been, and have an extra kicker, and play enough FB sets to justify 2 on the roster while spending heavily on pass catchers..... it would be a little headscratching, no?

Players at any other positions with the potential to contribute to the offense or defense and provide depth.

Was just wondering if you had someone or some position in mind.

I dont think it's really going to happen, but given that it's no secret we're going to be a run-heavy team with a power running game, it shouldnt be surprising if we do, either. (even though we wont)

Was just wondering if you had someone or some position in mind.

I dont think it's really going to happen, but given that it's no secret we're going to be a run-heavy team with a power running game, it shouldnt be surprising if we do, either. (even though we wont)

someone like goodwin, an extra offensive lineman(a guy like williams/urbik as insurance that might be caught in a numbers game, or continue developing richardson?), secondary depth, an extra tight end (loser of gragg v gray?), the 4th HB (could even be freddy here).... almost every position has someone with more long term future, or potential week to week contribution, or skill set generally harder to find in November.... than a #2 FB, and i mean that as no knock on connor.

Edited by NoSaint

The drop off in talent at skill set positions during the season and before make keeping 2 FB's appealing and more reasonable then keeping a backup OL. OL on the practice squad learns the position and the plays and can step in to the roster when there is an injury.

I'd as soon keep Connor and Felton then a 4th OG, a 4th ILB or 6th WR.