Bills vets on the bubble

I don't think we utilized the position well and that accounts for a lot of that as well as not having an NFL caliber starting QB attributed to that as well. I think Hogan is raw but athletic and capable. I think Goodwin is fast and built like a JV football player. I'd take Hogan

I would agree if he was going to be 3rd on the depth chart. He will be no more than the 5th WR to be active on a game day (Watkins, Woods, Harvin and Easley). We are talking about a guy playing less than 10 snaps. ST is almost irrelevant to the conversation because of how many ST studs the Bills already have.

It comes down to who will get the most out of those 10 snaps? I think that the obvious answer is Goodwin because he can change a game in 1 play. I think that Dez Lewis is a little bit of a sleeper because of the issues that the Bills have had in the red zone in recent years. I just don't see the value in Hogan catching a bunch of 8 yard outs. If one of those other guys goes out you can pick up someone like Caleb Holley to fill that role.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Dixon to stay for one reason and one reason only....my 8th grade son loves to scream Boobie every time he touches the ball or makes a tackle etc. For business reasons, that's is building your fan base!

Dixon is definitely a fan favorite. I don't think there is any loyalty to Brown and dont really see Whaley fighting for him if he looks like the odd man out, unless he lights up TC. The wild card is Fred - but with Pegs making the statement he did earlier this year I can't help but think his roster spot is reserved for this year.

Keep in mind that injuries do happen. We will be lucky to have this RB depth.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Dixon is definitely a fan favorite. I don't think there is any loyalty to Brown and dont really see Whaley fighting for him if he looks like the odd man out, unless he lights up TC. The wild card is Fred - but with Pegs making the statement he did earlier this year I can't help but think his roster spot is reserved for this year.

Keep in mind that injuries do happen. We will be lucky to have this RB depth.

This is the dread I live with every time I look at the long list of talent on our roster. I can't help but think "At least one of these guys isnt going to play this season because of some freak injury". It's just the nature of the game.

Fingers crossed.

I like him a lot. I think that John Conner being in town is probably not a good thing for Boobie D.

oh god Rex brought the terminator in? i didn't see that. Rex loves him. that was his own draft pick 1 year. they let Rex choose someone and that's who he took. it was on that season of Hard Knocks

oh god Rex brought the terminator in? i didn't see that. Rex loves him. that was his own draft pick 1 year. they let Rex choose someone and that's who he took. it was on that season of Hard Knocks

Yeah, he is in right now. I would think that is not good for someone. My guess is Dixon? Maybe one of the TEs? Maybe an LB like Powell?

I hate to go all McCoy on you guys but I almost feel like there is some racial stereotyping going on with respect to Hogan. Just because he is a white receiver people act like he's some plodding, little engine that could, methodical player who is bereft of any sort of talent but, ya know, he's white so he's able to maximize the little skill that god gave him. The dude started playing football at like 20 and has absolutely blazing speed. Albeit not quite Goodwin's speed but I'm almost inclined to think that if he was black he'd be held in a higher regard around here based on the season he had last year. Did he drop a ball? He made that insane catch against Minnesota, I know that. Would be very surprised if he didn't make the roster. Goodwin is very much on the bubble. He gets hurt in the offseason, which is like a 50/50 proposition, he's done for. Plus Hogan has proven to be way more useful on special teams than Goodwin.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Look, I don't want to dismiss Hogan's performance, but at this point he's at best the 4th receiver on the team. Easley is the ST ace, and Goodwin has kick return ability.

If I have to pick 5 WR, I'm sticking with Sammy, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin and Easly, and send our 7th rounder to the PS.

Yeah, he is in right now. I would think that is not good for someone. My guess is Dixon? Maybe one of the TEs? Maybe an LB like Powell?

I think they feel like the RB they took in the draft can do what Dixon can do plus ST's. I feel bad because I love me some Boobie. He really embraced Buffalo

posted this in the Conner thread but I think they are doing that dual field thing in TC for the qb competition and want to run the same plays so need 2 FBs. They may not keep 2 on the 53 but Conner can be injury insurance if Felton got hurt. He would already know the offense from being TC. I think the FB will have an important role.

Look, I don't want to dismiss Hogan's performance, but at this point he's at best the 4th receiver on the team. Easley is the ST ace, and Goodwin has kick return ability.

If I have to pick 5 WR, I'm sticking with Sammy, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin and Easly, and send our 7th rounder to the PS.

If by kick return ability you mean he's really fast then yes I'd agree with you. If by being good at actually returning kicks I'd have to disagree. Plus he won't sniff a kick return this year with harvin on the roster. Meanwhile Hogan will play every snap on kicks and punts. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I hate to go all McCoy on you guys but I almost feel like there is some racial stereotyping going on with respect to Hogan. Just because he is a white receiver people act like he's some plodding, little engine that could, methodical player who is bereft of any sort of talent but, ya know, he's white so he's able to maximize the little skill that god gave him. The dude started playing football at like 20 and has absolutely blazing speed. Albeit not quite Goodwin's speed but I'm almost inclined to think that if he was black he'd be held in a higher regard around here based on the season he had last year. Did he drop a ball? He made that insane catch against Minnesota, I know that. Would be very surprised if he didn't make the roster. Goodwin is very much on the bubble. He gets hurt in the offseason, which is like a 50/50 proposition, he's done for. Plus Hogan has proven to be way more useful on special teams than Goodwin.

He does not have "blazing" speed by any means. He has repeatedly been unable to pick up 1st downs when they get the ball in his hands. He is decent in ST coverage, but we have other players that can do that too. We're discussing the #4 WR spot here, so it's not like he'll get that many chances, and when the #4 WR does get a touch, they need to have an impact. Hogan's touches usually underwhelm. Goodwin's touches usually pick up big chunks of yards.

Nothing to do with race.

If there's a WR on the bubble, I think it's Easley. Easley has turned into a ST coverage demon but he's never established himself as an every down WR. Hogan and others play STs well. I can see Easley being cut and the Bills going with Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, Goodwin, and Lewis making up the WR squad. At least until someone gets hurt. Then maybe they keep Easley. Or bring back Mike Williams, who's still available and might be tempted back to show the Bills what a fool Marrone was.

Every player listed is a position that Patriots** need. Watch them all end up there with Chandler...and watch every media outlet (and certain posters here) give Belichick a tongue bath for doing it.

If there's a WR on the bubble, I think it's Easley. Easley has turned into a ST coverage demon but he's never established himself as an every down WR. Hogan and others play STs well. I can see Easley being cut and the Bills going with Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, Goodwin, and Lewis making up the WR squad. At least until someone gets hurt. Then maybe they keep Easley. Or bring back Mike Williams, who's still available and might be tempted back to show the Bills what a fool Marrone was.

You mean the free agent player we just resigned? You think that's who's getting cut? :doh:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Oy vay. Easley is their best special teams ace since tasker and they just re-signed him to a multiyear deal. His spot is more secure than Hogan or Goodwin in my opinion.

Ha ha, from my standpoint it has nothing to do with race. I have never been a Hogan fan (and I am white). I think that he does everything average and was given a TON of opportunities for someone of his skill set. The Bills were 31st last year in receiving yards in the slot and were 1-6 when Chandler and Hogan (the 2 non threats) caught 7+ balls. The only win was Minnesota and the Bills were atrocious in that game. Teams want the ball to go to the guys that aren't dangerous.

He is very much on the bubble because he does everything just okay. Does he belong in the NFL? He sure does. That does not mean that he is a good fit here at this point. He may make the team because he is the most complete of the 3 and the best injury insurance. If they plan on playing the 5th WR to dress in special packages he is the worst fit of the 3.

They just re-signed him to a 4 year deal this off season.