Mehta: Rex's chance of winning AFCE gets pumped up

I forget, does Mehta have a clue?

I know no one at the NYT does (if they even have a sports section any more). But I don't know much about the Post's crop of bloviators.

he is jets beat reporter for NY daily news. He seems to miss Rex for article content . Probably has to work harder without his quotes.

Bastard! I put this in the Brady/Pats fines thread before you...

oh well :beer:

Best parts of the article:

"The Jets’ revamped secondary, frightening defensive line and improved wide receiver corps shouldn’t be overlooked and the Dolphins’ acquisition of Ndamukong Suh makes them hard to ignore, but the Bills are best positioned to dethrone New England."

“I know it’s been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs,” Ryan said after he got the new gig. “Well, get ready. Man, we’re going.”

He’s right.

Rex Ryan will finally get his revenge against the Evil Empire."

Bastard! I put this in the Brady/Pats fines thread before you...

oh well :beer:

Best parts of the article:

"The Jets revamped secondary, frightening defensive line and improved wide receiver corps shouldnt be overlooked and the Dolphins acquisition of Ndamukong Suh makes them hard to ignore, but the Bills are best positioned to dethrone New England."

I know its been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs, Ryan said after he got the new gig. Well, get ready. Man, were going.

Hes right.

Rex Ryan will finally get his revenge against the Evil Empire."

i just saw that... With the Aaron Williams tweet? Honestly that confused me when I saw it on Twitter. Which bills coach said he was upset about the suspension? Saw AW agreed, but no quotes from Rex other than the ones from months ago about him wanting to beat the Pats**. Then there was a link to this article . Were there any Rex quotes from today?

i just saw that... With the Aaron Williams tweet? Honestly that confused me when I saw it on Twitter. Which bills coach said he was upset about the suspension? Saw AW agreed, but no quotes from Rex other than the ones from months ago about him wanting to beat the Pats**. Then there was a link to this article . Were there any Rex quotes from today?

The link on twitter took you to a bleacher report web address but pulled up the daily news page. It took me a bit to change the links to NY Daily News...

All I could find was this:

"Ryan knows full well that playing with underinflated footballs didn’t enhance Brady’s greatness, leaving some people on his staff to express disappointment in the league’s ruling to take Brady off the field. “I don’t want to beat New England without Brady,” one Bills coach told the Daily News. “Let him play.”

I am assuming they contacted him directly...

The link on twitter took you to a bleacher report web address but pulled up the daily news page. It took me a bit to change the links to NY Daily News...

All I could find was this:

"Ryan knows full well that playing with underinflated footballs didnt enhance Bradys greatness, leaving some people on his staff to express disappointment in the leagues ruling to take Brady off the field. I dont want to beat New England without Brady, one Bills coach told the Daily News. Let him play.

I am assuming they contacted him directly...

ah - cool. Wonder who it was.

Manish and Kimberly Jones are both NY reporters who are still covering Rex. Rex will still generate clicks and stories for the NY market even though he has moved on to Buffalo

If marrone was with the jets we'd be interested both in our ex coach and our rival coach.... And he's not near as interesting of a person. I think it's pretty obvious Rex would get coverage in NY

Ryan’s defense should send Patriots interim starter Jimmy Garoppolo into the fetal position when Bill Belichick’s team travels to Buffalo in Week 2 without its star signal caller.

He had a case of the "happy feet" when he saw 2nd half duty against the Bills last year. Jerry was consistently in the backfield but couldn't wrap him up. It'll be fun to see how he reacts after a full preseason and week 1 under his belt. I hope we crush him.

He had a case of the "happy feet" when he saw 2nd half duty against the Bills last year. Jerry was consistently in the backfield but couldn't wrap him up. It'll be fun to see how he reacts after a full preseason and week 1 under his belt. I hope we crush him.

he had "happy feet" in the Ohio Valley Conference too

Ryan’s defense should send Patriots interim starter Jimmy Garoppolo into the fetal position when Bill Belichick’s team travels to Buffalo in Week 2 without its star signal caller.

That's if Jimmy even makes it to week 2. The Cheats still have to host the Steelers in week 1; no easy feat.

he is jets beat reporter for NY daily news. He seems to miss Rex for article content . Probably has to work harder without his quotes.

He is also the reporter that gutted Marrone when he was interviewing for the Jets.

The Steelers' defense was pretty bad last year.

but their offense is amazing, if they can make up for Le'Veon Bell, and Pats** D is very different from last year. I wouldn't want to face Big Ben and antonio Brown with those crap corners.

but their offense is amazing, if they can make up for Le'Veon Bell, and Pats** D is very different from last year. I wouldn't want to face Big Ben and antonio Brown with those crap corners.

Didn't they sign Deangelo Williams? I think he'll fill in fine for a couple weeks.