Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

They might see Golson as an opportunity to redshirt a quality freshman without conceding an entire season to mediocre play at the position

i will need to take a look at their last two classes. I know winston redshirted. Maybe Jimbo prefers that method. Looks like a really good situation for Golson, regardless.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Hackenberg not going #1 Sacks, Sacks, Sacks

Cook is another smart but just not talented enough MSU QB... but the best they've had in awhile.

Jones will not last until our pick unless we are picking in top 8.

Golson may play great @ FSU but he just can't stop fumbling the ball. Turnovers critical in NFL

Kessler may turn out to be the best in the class, although I would take Jones b4 him

Just my opinions but I do watch a lot more CFB than the pros Which doesn't increase my ability to decipher talent, but I have watched these guys over and again and record up to 21 games a week to watch during the week. (Permanent disabled)

Go Bills.... still excited about this team... let's stay healthy and make it to the dance and do some damage when we get there !!

Calling it right now. Cardale Jones is going to be a flash in the pan. He's going to get drafted in the 1st round by some team that will look at him as the next face of the franchise and he's going to be a colossal disappointment.

• Hackenberg not going #1 Sacks, Sacks, Sacks
  • Cook is another smart but just not talented enough MSU QB... but the best they've had in awhile.
  • Jones will not last until our pick unless we are picking in top 8.
  • Golson may play great @ FSU but he just can't stop fumbling the ball. Turnovers critical in NFL
  • Kessler may turn out to be the best in the class, although I would take Jones b4 him
  • Just my opinions but I do watch a lot more CFB than the pros Which doesn't increase my ability to decipher talent, but I have watched these guys over and again and record up to 21 games a week to watch during the week. (Permanent disabled)
  • Go Bills.... still excited about this team... let's stay healthy and make it to the dance and do some damage when we get there !!
i agree - Golson is a turnover machine, that's why I question him

Agreed, Golson has made great plays in games but he matches them with really dumb ones. Think it was Notre Dame vs Arizona State where he turned the ball over just about every time he got the opportunity.

Think the only USC game I caught last year was against UCLA and I gotta say I thought Kessler seemed like nothing special. Be sure to watch more of him this year though.

Connor Cook and Jones are the two I'm really excited to watch. Cook is a better version of Cousins in every way possible. Watching his confidence grow against Ohio State/Stanford two years ago was amazing.

Thanks for your thoughts MOVALLEYRANDY! Hope to see some more posts when NCAA football starts back up.

Cardale in this offense... Omg.... He's not the fastest guy but he is enormous and hard to bring down as a runner. Throwing 80 yard bombs to Sammy...when Devin Smith was drafted by the Jets the joke was he's the only WR in the draft who will have a worse QB in the pros than he had in college.

Car dale Jones may not even be a starter at Ohio State. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

Car dale Jones may not even be a starter at Ohio State. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

He probably will be. You have some OSU homers here (myself included) but he has an NFL skill set and build. It doesn't mean that he will be a great NFL QB but he will go pretty early based on that. I think that he is Culpepper.

He probably will be. You have some OSU homers here (myself included) but he has an NFL skill set and build. It doesn't mean that he will be a great NFL QB but he will go pretty early based on that. I think that he is Culpepper.

Culpepper was slow. Jones is not.

The Bills need to beef up their scouting dept like they did for the Sabres. Trading up in the 1st rd is becoming more difficult with so many teams needing a franchise QB. Finding a good one after the 20th pick should be the focus.

The Bills need to beef up their scouting dept like they did for the Sabres. Trading up in the 1st rd is becoming more difficult with so many teams needing a franchise QB. Finding a good one after the 20th pick should be the focus.

there are several good Qb prospects in this class, and around 5 teams I think could take one in the 1st next year. I'm thinking possibilities are jets, houston, denver, Redskins, Browns. I think the Bills will be able to draft one they like, if they need to give up a 2017 pick to move up to get the one they want, so be it (imo).

there are several good Qb prospects in this class, and around 5 teams I think could take one in the 1st next year. I'm thinking possibilities are jets, houston, denver, Redskins, Browns. I think the Bills will be able to draft one they like, if they need to give up a 2017 pick to move up to get the one they want, so be it (imo).

Giving up on Bryce Petty already Yolo?

I didn't think they were actually planning on a 4th rounder to be their next franchise qB but what do I know.

I think he got picked around the right place, and I don't think you're entirely out of line depending on how he progresses in the shadows this year, but I figured I'd ask. I figure if our division has been owned by a 6th round QB for the last 15 or so years you just never know

I think he got picked around the right place, and I don't think you're entirely out of line depending on how he progresses in the shadows this year, but I figured I'd ask. I figure if our division has been owned by a 6th round QB for the last 15 or so years you just never know

i think Petty is terrible so I'm the wrong one to try to visualize that. Lol. I think they drafted him as a project but the odds are against him being a good starter. The best odds are on a 1st rd pick so if there is one sitting there when the jets pick, considering there could be a number of QBs with 1st Rd grades in next years draft, they would be insane not to pull the trigger unless Geno has some miraculous turnaround this season. Edited by YoloinOhio

We need this to be a bang-up QB class in 2016. The mass is there; just a question of how many of the fringe guys will show franchise potential. It's a pretty solid list:

Cook

C. Jones

Kessler

Goff

Brissett

Boykin

Hogan

Prescott

Hackenberg

If half of those guys could elevate themselves to 1st round status, and 2 of the others show 2nd-round quality, that'll bode well for Buffalo nabbing a good prospect.