Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

2016 NFL Draft order and team needs

Lance Zierlein examines key areas of need for every club, including a Browns team that has bottomed out and has many more concerns that what to do at the quarterback position.

21. Buffalo Bills

2015 record: 5-4 (.537)

Top need: Right tackle

Other needs: Linebacker, safety

Senior prospects at positional needs: OT: Vadal Alexander (LSU), Taylor Decker (Ohio State), Spencer Drango (Baylor); LB: Jordan Jenkins (Georgia), Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Terrance Smith (Florida State); Safety: Deon Bush (Miami), Jeremy Cash (Duke), Kevin Byard (Middle Tennessee State).

Analysis: It wasn't that long ago that the Bills selected both Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Kouandjio in the same draft to compete for the right tackle spot. Unfortunately, it is looking like neither guy will end up becoming the starter of the future and the Bills just might agree with that sentiment. The Bills need an upgrade in talent at most of the linebacker positions and a safety who can handle himself in coverage.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS Sports Mock Draft

23. Buffalo Bills: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
With Cordy Glenn set for free agency and Cyrus Kouandjio not a reliable option, the Bills might look to the draft to fill a need at offensive tackle. A former tight end, Spriggs has improved every year since making the switch and has yet to hit his ceiling.

NFL GM: Prospects hurt by college-campus restrictions on scouts

Restrictions for NFL scouts on college campuses, which widely vary, can work to the detriment of a majority of NFL draft prospects. That's how an NFL general manager assessed the challenges scouts face as they traverse from school to school gathering information on draft prospects.

"It doesn't hurt the top players. What it hurts is the middle-of-the-road players and the down-the-line players," the GM told USA Today. "They don't get seen and they might not go to an all-star game or a combine."

If only the top players are immune, the rest make up a big number -- 256 players were chosen in the 2015 NFL Draft.

I really like Laquon Treadwell from Ole Miss for us. He should be in the area of the draft we are picking. He has great hands and is a good route runner. Plus he has size. He is also a great blocker. Says his favorite part of the game is blocking. I would love to see him and Sammy in our WR corps

There are some tempting QBs projected for late 1st rd.

Allowing a few years to develop a new QB, Taylor is still the guy for at least a year or two more. I think Taylor will be a lot better if the OL is improved, and the RBs stay healthy.

@NFL

17 NFL teams will attend Michigan vs. Ohio State (via @NFL_CFB): http://on.nfl.com/1YkWihv

CUR75slXAAApgDN.jpg

There are a handful of players to watch in this game: OSU - Taylor Decker - OL, Vonn Bell - S, Darron Lee - LB, Michael Thomas - WR. From MSU: Jack Conklin - OL, Aaron Burbridge - WR and Shilique Calhoun - DE.

With the exception of Burbridge I expect all of those guys to be gone within the 1st 2 rounds but would not at all be shocked if 1 (or even 2) wind up in a Bills uniform.

There are a handful of players to watch in this game: OSU - Taylor Decker - OL, Vonn Bell - S, Darron Lee - LB, Michael Thomas - WR. From MSU: Jack Conklin - OL, Aaron Burbridge - WR and Shilique Calhoun - DE.

With the exception of Burbridge I expect all of those guys to be gone within the 1st 2 rounds but would not at all be shocked if 1 (or even 2) wind up in a Bills uniform.

my anxiety is through the roof!!

There are a handful of players to watch in this game: OSU - Taylor Decker - OL, Vonn Bell - S, Darron Lee - LB, Michael Thomas - WR. From MSU: QB Connor Cook Jack Conklin - OL, Aaron Burbridge - WR and Shilique Calhoun - DE.

There are a handful of players to watch in this game: OSU - Taylor Decker - OL, Vonn Bell - S, Darron Lee - LB, Michael Thomas - WR. From MSU: QB Connor Cook Jack Conklin - OL, Aaron Burbridge - WR and Shilique Calhoun - DE.

If Conner Cook falls to us AT OUR PICK then I got no problem with it