Trade Ideas

I know that these threads get started all of the time and never come to fruition. This is meant to be more of a fun thread. Suggest one trade that is realistic (at least somewhat) that would improve the Bills.

I am not sure that Dallas would do this but how about Bryce Brown for Gavin Escobar? Escobar looks to be the real deal but he's still behind Witten for a couple more years. They can get a new replacement in that time period. Brown would have a chance to compete for the starting role there.

The TE depth chart would be Clay, Escobar, O'Leary & Gray. You could PS Manhertz.

What you say?

That would be great trade for the Bills. But I have a feeling that AP is going to end up there before the season and that's why they didn't take a RB. I'm not sure how much better brown is than their other depth backs. May be somewhat one-sided but if anyone can pull it off its whaley!

That would be great trade for the Bills. But I have a feeling that AP is going to end up there before the season and that's why they didn't take a RB. I'm not sure how much better brown is than their other depth backs. May be somewhat one-sided but if anyone can pull it off its whaley!

I don't know man, Darren McFadden is on top of their depth chart!! Brown has tons of talent but hasn't had an opportunity. I wouldn't think that Dallas would do it either but it at least makes some sense.

I was trying to find someone on Dallas' roster that made sense. I was originally shopping for a tackle but I don't think that they'd deal Chaz Green 2 days after drafting him. Escobar seemed like the best target.

where is his brother Arthur these days?

Baltimore I believe.

I don't know man, Darren McFadden is on top of their depth chart!! Brown has tons of talent but hasn't had an opportunity. I wouldn't think that Dallas would do it either but it at least makes some sense.

I was trying to find someone on Dallas' roster that made sense. I was originally shopping for a tackle but I don't think that they'd deal Chaz Green 2 days after drafting him. Escobar seemed like the best target.

Baltimore I believe.

dallas has that guy who stole the cologne. Can't remember his name. The Rams only got a 7th for Zac stacy so wonder what we get for brown.

dallas has that guy who stole the cologne. Can't remember his name. The Rams only got a 7th for Zac stacy so wonder what we get for brown.

Yeah, I'm not sure that he has a ton of value. I was hoping for a depth player (OT or LB) or good value (Escobar).

What about Leodis? He could get you something decent. If you sign Landry you can keep Graham at corner and you are still good there. Philly mayb? They are always looking to deal. Pittsburgh needs CB help as do the Saints.

Yeah, I'm not sure that he has a ton of value. I was hoping for a depth player (OT or LB) or good value (Escobar).

What about Leodis? He could get you something decent. If you sign Landry you can keep Graham at corner and you are still good there. Philly mayb? They are always looking to deal. Pittsburgh needs CB help as do the Saints.

Steelers have depth issues everywhere but WR and RB but they could really use McKelvin. Chicago really needs a CB, and Marcellus Bennett has requested trade. Wants more money.

Steelers have depth issues everywhere but WR and RB but they could really use McKelvin. Chicago really needs a CB, and Marcellus Bennett has requested trade. Wants more money.

Doubt Bennett would come here. There just wouldn't be enough passes to go around.

I know that these threads get started all of the time and never come to fruition. This is meant to be more of a fun thread. Suggest one trade that is realistic (at least somewhat) that would improve the Bills.

I am not sure that Dallas would do this but how about Bryce Brown for Gavin Escobar? Escobar looks to be the real deal but he's still behind Witten for a couple more years. They can get a new replacement in that time period. Brown would have a chance to compete for the starting role there.

The TE depth chart would be Clay, Escobar, O'Leary & Gray. You could PS Manhertz.

What you say?

Maybe Escobar for Brown and Gragg who still has some potential but no place on the Bills.

Would you trade Robert Woods to Baltimore for CJ Mosely?

There's no way Ozzie give up a DROY candidate, even for Woods. And now that they've addressed WR in the draft, even less reason...

Imo

What about Leodis? He could get you something decent.

He'll be 30 in September and my sense is Chip likes younger guys he can mold. I think the Bears might be a better trade partner for McLuv'n...

Edited by Lurker

I have the same feeling about AP YOLO

Save all ammunition for the QB we're going to be hunting come February 2016.

Ammo should include picks, Gilmore, Robert Woods, and maybe maybe Dareus (although with his contract up that's not happening and I think we extend him by September anyway).

And that's just for potentially having to move up in the 2016 draft.

Edited by Big Blitz

Save all ammunition for the QB we're going to be hunting come February 2016. Ammo should include picks, Gilmore, Robert Woods, and maybe maybe Dareus.And that's just for potentially having to move up in the 2016 draft.

is that you, Chip? Are we moving up from 32 to 1? I would give up 2017 1st rounder and 2016 second rounder to move up in 2016 for a qb they think is a franchise guy. I would not trade any of those 3 players in the deal. Edited by YoloinOhio

is that you, Chip? Are we moving up from 32 to 1? I would give up 2017 1st rounder and 2016 second rounder to move up in 2016 for a qb they think is a franchise guy. I would not trade any of those 3 players in the deal.

I'm hoping there will be more and "better" QBs than Cook so we don't have to trade up to far to get him.

he isn't being traded.

So they say :flirt:

yea that kid from USC too. The kid from Louisville is a big, big armed guy.

You got a link for 2016 QBs draft rankings?

Just saw one today, a meaningless mock but fwiw. Bosa Shrug in the tweet means you know what on his ranking!

@SBNationNFL: The 2015 NFL Draft is over, which means it's time for the first 2016 mock draft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ http://t.co/kYAIcxwIvt http://t.co/Q93n63Gevl

Edited by YoloinOhio

IMO, Leodis is the most likely player to be traded. If Whaley liked Darby that much, he isn't sitting. Lots of teams need CB's. Let's go back to the Philly well. Leodis and Manuel for Bradford.

maybe so but whaley really likes to redshirt guys and it is usually best for CBs who will be put on an island like in this scheme to not start right away unless their technique is NFL ready. His isn't, so I think he spends the year with Donnie Henderson and only plays if there is an injury. Jmo.

Just saw one today, a meaningless mock but fwiw. Bosa Shrug in the tweet means you know what on his ranking!

@SBNationNFL: The 2015 NFL Draft is over, which means it's time for the first 2016 mock draft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ http://t.co/kYAIcxwIvt http://t.co/Q93n63Gevl

Seriously doubt Jets take Cook after they just took Petty.

found this on QBs

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25167428/the-10-qbs-well-talk-about-when-the-2016-nfl-draft-rolls-around

but it's Petty

don't jinx it man!

IMO, Leodis is the most likely player to be traded. If Whaley liked Darby that much, he isn't sitting. Lots of teams need CB's. Let's go back to the Philly well. Leodis and Manuel for Bradford.

Whaley said today, although everything is fluid of course, that Darby was not going to play right away and they didn't think of him as challenging for a starting job. But of course it's possible they determine Leodis is expendable or Graham could start with Darby and Robey #3 and #4.

How about McKelvin for alex mack? Pettine knows McKelvin and word is mack has a reason for an opt out clause. He or wood could play G.

Mack is definitely only going to play Center. I think you would need to give up more than McKelvin. Mack is an all-pro level talent. Browns won't just give him away, even though they drafted his replacement. Also - do you want his contract? He makes like 10m/yr and wants more.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Mack is definitely only going to play Center. I think you would need to give up more than McKelvin. Mack is an all-pro level talent. Browns won't just give him away, even though they drafted his replacement. Also - do you want his contract? He makes like 10m/yr and wants more.

According to rotoworld he has a no trade clause too. I didn't know his contract was so big. Although if he's willing to opt out, he wants to win and may be more flexible about salary.

According to rotoworld he has a no trade clause too. I didn't know his contract was so big. Although if he's willing to opt out, he wants to win and may be more flexible about salary.

I bet that was part of the transition tag offer sheet from Jax that Cleveland matched.

I think Andrew Whitworth could be on the block in Cincy, and he can play G (his best spot) or T. He is frustrated they won't talk extension and he's coming up on FA. They also just drafted OTs in the first 2 rounds. What do they need? Good question, their roster is very good. I would say some help stopping the run, not sure what we could give up from that aspect.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Andrew Whitworth could be on the block in Cincy, and he can play G (his best spot) or T. He is frustrated they won't talk extension and he's coming up on FA. They also just drafted OTs in the first 2 rounds. What do they need? Good question, their roster is very good. I would say some help stopping the run, not sure what we could give up from that aspect.

Alex Carrington

Edge rusher is their biggest need they didn't address in the draft. Their defense was really bad creating pressure last year. We don't really have one of those to spare.

Love the Martellus Bennett for Leodis deal (though I'm not sure if the value is quite there for the Bears). Bennett gives us a big "homeless man's Gronk" type TE next to Clay (more of a move TE).

I hate the Cowboys, but I'd love to ship Freddie there to allow him to end his career with his hometown team and give us back a 5th round pick next year, solving our RB log jam. (I know many fans would revolt, but that's the one place that's a good story from Fred's side and he's redundant with the skills of other guys we have).

If Alex Boone is on the block, he's my top realistic offensive line trade target. McKelvin for Boone suits me pretty well.