Doug Whaley's Post-Draft Media Blitz

My disappointment with this draft is the seemingly total disregard for the character of the two FSU players drafted. What Doug, you asked the athlete about the incident and didn't get anything from the victims????

And what is most disturbing, neither one was a "man! we gotta have this guy" kind of player. Strong cases could be made for other picks in both situations. The Williams' one especially. Really, we needed another running back?

Consider this: The class of the Buffalo Bills for the last decade (Fred J), is about to be replaced by this 'women beating" thug. How's that go down ladies?

I a 50+ year old, as foolishly loyal BB fan as someone my age could be, and I just have this bad feeling that this team is very quickly losing any kind of soul.

Edited by CSBill

My disappointment with this draft is the seemingly total disregard for the character of the two FSU players drafted. What Doug, you asked the athlete about the incident and didn't get anything from the victims????

And what is most disturbing, neither one was a "man! we gotta have this guy" kind of player. Strong cases could be made for other picks in both situations. The Williams' one especially. Really, we needed another running back?

Consider this: The class of the Buffalo Bills for the last decade (Fred J), is about to be replaced by this 'women beating" thug. How's that go down ladies?

I a 50+ year old, as foolishly loyal BB fan as someone my age could be, and I just have this bad feeling that this team is very quickly losing any kind of soul.

i don't know of anything that Darby got in trouble for unless you count hanging out with Jameis a character concern. EJ hangs out with him too and that's not been brought up as a character flag for him. Do we know that Karlos actually did what he was accused of? I really don't know the story except that he wasn't charged.

Terry is the smartest man in the draft room? Either he is kissing ass to save his job, angling for a raise, or this team is in serious trouble when the owner is the smartest guy......

After you've had a chance to listen to the prior question & how Whaley answered as well as the second question that you're referring to here do you still feel the same?

This draft is terribly disappointing. TE, RB, CB are not high on the need list. If Darby moves Graham to safety then that is a plus. The guard looks fine. The rest just makes no sense. Another slow white TE? Tiny little arms on a 6'3 body. Didn't they already have one on the roster that wanted to be a Bill? Can they put the 7th rounder on the PS now? No OT??

Did you watch many of FSU's games....I watched every one and believe that O'Leary will be a great fit in Roman's offense. Intangibles are why he went 6th round but he will be an upgrade over Gragg and compliment Grey and Clay.

+1

I agree that character and leadership are critical. I think there are some on the board who would argue that our lack of success over the last number of years is due to in part to not taking risks on character. i do not think this is the case. Rather, our poor record in the last 12-plus years has been the result of average or worse drafting and not enough resources devoted to coaching and free agency.

You are def the smartest man in THIS room

LOL John. That's not saying much given how all the rest of us are idiots. If you don't believe me, ask TOM.

GO BILLS!!!

my apologies to all for saying for not praising saint Terry. You all can go back to your Terry circle jerk praise fest.

And of course he made his billions because of his genius and its definitely not possible that he did it by getting lucky coming into some valuable property sitting on gold (or gas)

My comment was originally just a joke, didn't realise it was cause every here to get their panties ruffled.

People are gonna be pretty defensive of the pegula's chief.....you know because he basically saved Bills football in Buffalo?

LOL John. That's not saying much given how all the rest of us are idiots. If you don't believe me, ask TOM.

GO BILLS!!!

LOL....I just thought that he made a really good point at that time in this thead.......people getting so worked up because he paid his employer a compliment.....probably for being smart enough to let the people he paid big money to know how to do their jobs.....

Smart people put good people who know what they are doing in positions to do their jobs....then empower them

Yes forget that he was cleared by the police unlike your boy.

It's heartwarming to know he was "cleared by the police" who by all accounts botched the investigation or worse. This despite the fact that the state's attorney believes "something bad" happened at the apartment, and all signs are that there would have been some evidence to work with (deleted cell phone videos among other things) if said investigation hadn't been run by the Keystone Kops.

Terry is the smartest man in the draft room? Either he is kissing ass to save his job, angling for a raise, or this team is in serious trouble when the owner is the smartest guy......

Particularly when said owner is more into hockey than football.

But what I suspect he meant was that Pegula was smart for letting the football people make the football decisions and not F'ing things up by getting too involved himself.

The FO still continues to neglect the most important position on the field. Disappointed in that end of it, other than that, very proud of my Bills.

Imo

Who would you have got that would have made a difference at the QB position. I know people will say that if you did not draft one, you will not know whether you have one. The Bills do have 4 QBs on their roster.