If La'el Collins drops do Bills take him?

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams won't be held repsonsible if a guy they drafted was later found to have killed someone. NE just proved that. There was no "PR mess". You just cut the guy.

I would take him at 50. Why blow it on another Kujo type?

Poor comparison. AH killed someone 3 years after he was drafted. Collins could theoretically be arrested tomorrow for a murder everyone knows he's being investigated for today. If that happened there most certainly would be a PR mess for the league and the team who drafted him. That's why I don't think he gets drafted at all.

If this was 25 years ago when the NFL had mavericks like Al Davis and no one cared about DV, then sure. But it's a different world today.

Edited by KD in CT

@AdamSchefter

La'el Collins and his reps have decided if he's not selected tonight he will not sign a contract with a team and will renter draft next year

That's just dumb. Taking a year off from football at his age is about the stupidest thing possible. He's trying to gin up a game of chicken, it appears ...

Is that even possible? I mean people don't get drafted all of the time and they are just UDFA. Once eligible for the draft you can't just re-enter the next year. Right? This isn't baseball.

Edit: Guess that's not right. Wow.

Edited by FutureBillsGM

Is that even possible? I mean people don't get drafted all of the time and they are just UDFA. Once eligible for the draft you can't just re-enter the next year. Right? This isn't baseball.

if you dont sign, you go into next years. its not common but its been discussed -- crabtree holding out into the season being the last that comes to mind.

once eligible for the draft you cant go back to college though, or really have legit options - hence its not like baseball where its easier to pass on signing.

if you dont sign, you go into next years. its not common but its been discussed -- crabtree holding out into the season being the last that comes to mind.

once eligible for the draft you cant go back to college though, or really have legit options - hence its not like baseball where its easier to pass on signing.

Bo Jackson anyone?

Bo Jackson anyone?

if he is confident it works out - he makes 100k (say 3-400k less than in the nfl this year) playing in canada, then comes back and if hes roughly 33rd (4 years 5.5m in 2014) vs a 7th round flyer this year (mr irrelevant got 4 years 2.2m) then it might be worth it.... even if you look at the top of the 5th as a random final day flyer your looking at 4 years 2.5m and thats 3m lost vs a high second round pick.

the flip side being hes burning a year of prime earning power on a second contract.

Edited by NoSaint

@AdamSchefter

La'el Collins and his reps have decided if he's not selected tonight he will not sign a contract with a team and will renter draft next year

Seems like an odd position from his advisors and him.

So, if say someone drafts him at the end of the 6th or the 7 th, there is a major difference than a FA contract?

Well is guess there is mainly his agents and lawyers fees and Commissions. Really starting not like this clown. Unless he becomes a Bill of course.

Show Me the Money IMO

I never get how a person of interest in a murder isn't dragged in for questioning ASAP??? This is screwing this guy over big time and if's he guilty the team that drafts him in a way lower screw job. Geez Louise, they threaten you with a warrant for not showing up at jury duty!

Seems like an odd position from his advisors and him.

So, if say someone drafts him at the end of the 6th or the 7 th, there is a major difference than a FA contract?

Well is guess there is mainly his agents and lawyers fees and Commissions. Really starting not like this clown. Unless he becomes a Bill of course.

Show Me the Money IMO

If drafted in the top few tonight his deal is roughly double tomorrow's number 1 pick

If drafted in the top few tonight his deal is roughly double tomorrow's number 1 pick

It will. I guess my thoughts are why sit out a year, even if your true value is tonight and probably last night if not for this mess. it's all about the money obviously, but his camps thinking is shortsighted on a couple of levels.

Honestly, I simply cannot find a reason of any involvement on his part with so much on the line. Who knows. i don't keep up on his problems other than headlines.

i would guess if he is picked early tonite his contract would be a couple pages longer than a typical one. I Have no problem with the Bills taking him. We could use a talent like him, minus continuing drama though.