Mike Mayock top 100

Pete

Interesting take for those with the usual psychotic addiction to a QB. Maycock's general rating (my understanding is that his top 100 is his raw player quality rating and is NOT where he thinks a player will be picked.

Based on his assessment which has not been bad the last few years, my sense is he would suggest the Bills hold pat at 50, but the QBs available at that point will not merit a 50 pick.

Even worse for the Bills a QB pick would simply not pay off for a year or three while lessening our chances for getting a player who contributes to the team right away (OG or back-up TE in a Roman O which can use 4 TEs.

Interesting take for those with the usual psychotic addiction to a QB. Maycock's general rating (my understanding is that his top 100 is his raw player quality rating and is NOT where he thinks a player will be picked.

Based on his assessment which has not been bad the last few years, my sense is he would suggest the Bills hold pat at 50, but the QBs available at that point will not merit a 50 pick.

Even worse for the Bills a QB pick would simply not pay off for a year or three while lessening our chances for getting a player who contributes to the team right away (OG or back-up TE in a Roman O which can use 4 TEs.

Why in the world would we pick a QB to start with. We're not going to get an immediate starter at QB out of the draft and we allready have 4 proven backup QBs on our roster. You draft to improve your team not to replace bench material with bench material.

Laken T at 50 a OG

Daryl Williams at 81 a OT, would be perfect

Ali Marpet is slotted at 87 might be to hard to move up to packaging our remaining picks . If he lost some weight which would be more natural for him, a blocking TE who could start.

He's my favorite but he would have been fired if he was actually a NFL GM. He said Robert Ayers was the best defensive player in his draft (he was a part time starter in college) and had Gabbert over Newton.

He is great TV but please people, don't put too much stock into their opinions. It's a guess game like it is for everyone else.

He's my favorite but he would have been fired if he was actually a NFL GM. He said Robert Ayers was the best defensive player in his draft (he was a part time starter in college) and had Gabbert over Newton.

He is great TV but please people, don't put too much stock into their opinions. It's a guess game like it is for everyone else.

Mayocks guesses are better than industry standard though - like you said, it's a guessing game so of course he's going to miss on some and his views should not be held as gospel

But his views > basically every other talking head currently out there

Mayocks guesses are better than industry standard though - like you said, it's a guessing game so of course he's going to miss on some and his views should not be held as gospel

Agreed. It's a better job than actually being a NFL front office guy. They don't have to face getting fired for being really wrong.

Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis are also solid.

I would opt to get a starter on OL at 50. (I know, that was supposed to be Kujo in the 2nd last year) If nobody the covet is there, try and trade down and grab a QB to develop. Seattle, Oakland and Tennesee are happy they took a QB outside the 1st round and the value Philly got for Foles is instructive. If you want to find a QB, you have to draft one - and do so every year If necessary.

Edited by Green Lightning

Why in the world would we pick a QB to start with. We're not going to get an immediate starter at QB out of the draft and we allready have 4 proven backup QBs on our roster. You draft to improve your team not to replace bench material with bench material.

yep. drafting a QB at 50 is stupid. they won't do it. lets put that idea to bed.

They are?

They are?

What Mayock is really good at, IMO, is understanding the process and what specifics GMs and scouts look for in players.

No, he doesn't get them all right, and sometimes he's loud wrong...that happens. I still think he has a better feel for the process than any of the other media draft analysts.

What Mayock is really good at, IMO, is understanding the process and what specifics GMs and scouts look for in players.

No, he doesn't get them all right, and sometimes he's loud wrong...that happens. I still think he has a better feel for the process than any of the other media draft analysts.

Well put. I think Mayock is far and away the best. Charles Johnson is pretty good, too. The best evaluators in the world, with actual jobs, like Ozzie who I think is clearly the very best, are wrong all the time about players.

yep. drafting a QB at 50 is stupid. they won't do it. lets put that idea to bed.

You know that. I know that. Bills fans with even half a brain knows that.

However, the professional media as shown in recent articles on WGR's site and in the Rochester D&C advocate taking a QB at 50 or with our third rounder.

I can see why they would promote such bad football choices because what they are all about is advocating the team draft a QB, then demand he be used before he is ready, and then sell commercials and fill column inches whining about how the team pr4ofessionals are idiots.

I also saw one poll of what I assume were casual fans where 44% of answerers to this non-scientific poll called for drafting a QB with the first pick.

Too many people do not seem to understand that if you draft Hundley, Petty, Grayson or any QB with a snowballs chance of being there at 50, these admittedly talented players are not likely at all to be ready to contribute on the field til 2016 (if we are lucky) and likely 2017 as they fight for time as they share time with and likely force us to cut 2 of Cassel, Ej, Taylor, and Tuel.

Add to this not only do you have this benchsitter QB and WGR selling arguments but you forgo a likely starter G, RT in this OL deep draft and/or a back-up tE with a Roman OL that wants 4 TEs and we have three.