Mike Mayock top 100

Pete

I miss Mayock on Thursday night football, he blows Phil Simms away.

Anthony was my Bills pick in the contest, interesting to see him placed exactly at 50. I'd love to get one of the 3 down linebackers in the 2nd then go oline in the 3rd, if we've scouted correctly we can get a quality guard/tackle there.

You know that. I know that. Bills fans with even half a brain knows that.

However, the professional media as shown in recent articles on WGR's site and in the Rochester D&C advocate taking a QB at 50 or with our third rounder.

I can see why they would promote such bad football choices because what they are all about is advocating the team draft a QB, then demand he be used before he is ready, and then sell commercials and fill column inches whining about how the team pr4ofessionals are idiots.

I also saw one poll of what I assume were casual fans where 44% of answerers to this non-scientific poll called for drafting a QB with the first pick.

Too many people do not seem to understand that if you draft Hundley, Petty, Grayson or any QB with a snowballs chance of being there at 50, these admittedly talented players are not likely at all to be ready to contribute on the field til 2016 (if we are lucky) and likely 2017 as they fight for time as they share time with and likely force us to cut 2 of Cassel, Ej, Taylor, and Tuel.

Add to this not only do you have this benchsitter QB and WGR selling arguments but you forgo a likely starter G, RT in this OL deep draft and/or a back-up tE with a Roman OL that wants 4 TEs and we have three.

Your odds of getting a quality 2015 starting OL at 50 are slim. If you get a QB who is a quality starter in 2017 you've gotten amazing value.

Your odds of getting a quality 2015 starting OL at 50 are slim. If you get a QB who is a quality starter in 2017 you've gotten amazing value.

Back in he real world we have been able to find a 1st year starters in the OL like Henderson in the 7th round and even found a Pro quality OT as a udfa. I am not sure where you got the stat from that one's chances of quality starter 2 years hence at QB are higher than finding an OL starter with the 50th pick but this theory does not strike me as supported by the facts.

Again looking at the actual players, the consensus I hear regarding the scouting assessment of G Tomlinson is that this 4 year starter in college is not only a likely starter as a rookie wherever he goes but may well be there at 50. Further, another OL option likely to be there at 50 is projected rookie starter at T Fisher.

The scouts may be wrong, but they also have the two probable QB starters Mariotta and Winston long gone in the 1st and likely QBs available at 50 true question marks whether they would ever deliver as pros even with time.

Picking a QB at 50 seems to be a pretty high risk move at best.

Back in he real world we have been able to find a 1st year starters in the OL like Henderson in the 7th round and even found a Pro quality OT as a udfa. I am not sure where you got the stat from that one's chances of quality starter 2 years hence at QB are higher than finding an OL starter with the 50th pick but this theory does not strike me as supported by the facts.

Again looking at the actual players, the consensus I hear regarding the scouting assessment of G Tomlinson is that this 4 year starter in college is not only a likely starter as a rookie wherever he goes but may well be there at 50. Further, another OL option likely to be there at 50 is projected rookie starter at T Fisher.

The scouts may be wrong, but they also have the two probable QB starters Mariotta and Winston long gone in the 1st and likely QBs available at 50 true question marks whether they would ever deliver as pros even with time.

Picking a QB at 50 seems to be a pretty high risk move at best.

I never said odds of getting a good QB were better, never endorsed any of these QBs, nor did I suggest we should even draft one. I was addressing your implied assertion that a QB that doesn't contribute this year is a bad pick.

I also addressed the reality that solid performance out of rookie OL is the exception, not the rule (see Kouandjio, Richardson).

But I appreciate the arrogant condescension. It makes this more entertaining.

Oh yeah, who is this UDFA OT? Are you talking about Peters?

Edited by Rob's House