If you had to start dating today. God forbid.

mead107

therein lies my biggest problem...i have not taken care of myself..i am a fat blob... :-(

I don't want to sidetrack your thread but as others have said, it's not too late to start. I somehow played sports through college and hated working out. Now, it's almost like a drug. Obviously, it can improve your physical appearance but I love it for your mental health as well. My brain never works as well as when I'm exercising. Plus, most gyms have a lot of cute women. :)

Dating in my 30s was a blast; that is a great time to be single.

It's easy to make a list and build your ideal woman from across your past experiences, so of course a new woman would share some but not all qualities of my wife, but the real issue is always finding someone you connect with and are happy to see every day.

Yup. As a man, your range of women can increase as you get older. women are just better people and less superficial than men. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is kind of my mentality. i have 3 'boys' that I am very close with, love spending time with them. I go hang out at my local neighborhood pub at noon on a bright sunny saturday afternoon if i want to, it's never a surprise to anyone that the bills play on sundays in the fall and winter, so much freedom. it's pretty sweet, but i wouldn't mind having a hot redhead to come home to

Dating in my 30s was a blast; that is a great time to be single.

It's easy to make a list and build your ideal woman from across your past experiences, so of course a new woman would share some but not all qualities of my wife, but the real issue is always finding someone you connect with and are happy to see every day.

Where the hell were you when I got married at the age of 29. I could of used that advice at the time.

Its got its ups and downs. Having a good job, having life balanced, all that stuff is great. But, when you're in a small town pickin's are slim. If dating 18-23 yr olds was easy, it'd not be a problem but they're so impossible to handle with their immaturity. Any woman here over 24 is uneducated, with kids, divorced, stupid, fat, or all of the above.

Yeah, I can see where location would make a big difference. I got divorced when I was 32 and wasn't interested in the dumb <25 range. Women in their 30s in the northeast tend to be smart, active, have a career, have interests and generally don't have kids (but want them). And they are all looking for guys who have their stojan together.

I suspect if I were to become single now in my late 40s, the dating population would be more in the 35-45 age range, much higher % of divorcees and more of them would have kids and few would still want more (I wouldn't), but they would still be smart, fit and earning a paycheck.

Where the hell were you when I got married at the age of 29. I could of used that advice at the time.

I spent most of my 20s with my first wife so was due some quality single time! :lol:

Edited by KD in CT

oh i hear you, but sadly i have zero self motivation, i am kind of trapped in a vicious cycle that i have created for myself. it's all up to me and to date i have yet to do anything about it.

I don't want to sidetrack your thread but as others have said, it's not too late to start. I somehow played sports through college and hated working out. Now, it's almost like a drug. Obviously, it can improve your physical appearance but I love it for your mental health as well. My brain never works as well as when I'm exercising. Plus, most gyms have a lot of cute women. :)

Yup. As a man, your range of women can increase as you get older. women are just better people and less superficial than men. :)

Except I'm not 6 foot. I'm only 5'8". She's taller than me by a few inches. And a redhead. And younger (8 years).

Now someone go revive Poojer since he probably just fainted.

Alright, I'll bite; what's wrong with her? :nana:

Except I'm not 6 foot. I'm only 5'8". She's taller than me by a few inches. And a redhead. And younger (8 years old).

Now someone go revive Poojer since he probably just fainted.

Younger? I'll say!

oh i hear you, but sadly i have zero self motivation, i am kind of trapped in a vicious cycle that i have created for myself. it's all up to me and to date i have yet to do anything about it.

It is tough especially if you have no one to hold you accountable. My wife and I joined a gym and we push each other. We're both in the best shape we've been in since the early 90's when we last belonged to a gym. Doing tons of cardio and lifting weights. Our thought process is: "you want to party this weekend? You need to bust your ass at the gym first"

It is tough especially if you have no one to hold you accountable. My wife and I joined a gym and we push each other. We're both in the best shape we've been in since the early 90's when we last belonged to a gym. Doing tons of cardio and lifting weights. Our thought process is: "you want to party this weekend? You need to bust your ass at the gym first"

good job! How long until ya'll start jogging?

yeah, i don't have anyone to push me, and i am not good at self discipline.

good job! How long until ya'll start jogging?

Never. I hate that and it's bad for my knees. I use the exercise bike.

We need to do another weight loss challenge. I need to drop 30-40 pounds.

I'm already down 15 but I know I've gained muscle. None of my clothes fit anymore.