30 for 30

Pete

I really dig the 30 for 30 series. They are all on youtube. Some of my favorites are the Two Brothers one, the Steve Bartman one, Run Ricky Run- and just about every one I enjoy. Which are some of your favorites?

I just watched the USFL one on Sunday. Pretty cool. All about the rise and fall of the league. Jim has a pretty significant role in it. Also, the one about the Soviet hockey team was really interesting. Story we all know from a different point of view.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

The U was great

The U was great, even for a Canes hater. It really reminds you how great college football used to be before they started over legislating the game, adding the endless reviews, the chessy OT rule, etc. I've watched it a few times.

The Two Escobars was outstanding, as was Hillsborough, which was frankly pretty hard to even watch. Those are probably the two best in my book.

Others that were really good:

Elway to Marino - it's hard to even imagine that draft occurring with today's media/web focus.

Of Miracles and Men -- Soviet hockey program.

Fernando Nation -- you forget what a big deal he was that rookie year and how much the Latin community embraced him. He was a true cultural icon

Pony Excess

The Fab Five -- another culture defining team

Catching Hell -- Bartman

You Don't Know Bo

Requiem for the Big East -- college b-ball was never more entertaining than those early to mid years of the BE, and they killed it chasing football $.

Run Rickey Run

Elway to Marino was awesome. Also, I really enjoyed the one on Marcus Dupree (he was a real phenom) and the one on Bo Jackson.

The recent, "I Hate Christian Laettner," was superb. I forgot how much hip hop played a role in the hatred of Duke and CL.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

i constantly hear how good these are and i bet to date i have only sat through maybe 1 of them. I simply NEVER remember to look for them and never seek them out when I have the time to. I really need to get my ass in gear and binge watch these. I know I am missing out on some spectacular TV

So many great ones

The Best That Never Was was excellent(about Marcus Dupree, I enjoy learning more about some of the guys that didn't make it big that were projected to be mega stars and what their story is)

The Jimmy Valvano one

Jordan Rides The Bus

Reggie Miller and Winning Time(as a huge fan of 90s era NBA I thought that was a great topic to cover)

The one about Len Bias, although it was very sad

The Bernie and Ernie show

Elway to Marino as already mentioned

The Bo Jackson one is really good. It's amazing to hear about some of the things he did growing up and in college. Possibly the greatest athlete ever...if not for the hip injury.

Considering the changes in medicine over the past 20-plus years, it's unfathomable to think he played Major League Baseball after a hip replacement. And hit 29 home runs. Absolutely unreal.

The Bo Jackson one is really good. It's amazing to hear about some of the things he did growing up and in college. Possibly the greatest athlete ever...if not for the hip injury.

A buddy of mine was just raving about this one. I need to see it.

My favorite ones so far are:

1) once brothers (about vlade divac and drazen petrovich)

2) requiem for the big east

3) I hate Christian laettner.

I have a t-shirt from the 90 championship game. States- "Bo dont know snow"

I have a t-shirt from the 90 championship game. States- "Bo dont know snow"

I have the same t-shirt. My Father won it in a call-in radio station contest when I used to live in Rochester.

If I recall correctly, Bo didn't even end up playing in that game.

Considering the changes in medicine over the past 20-plus years, it's unfathomable to think he played Major League Baseball after a hip replacement. And hit 29 home runs. Absolutely unreal.

Amazing that he ran a 4.12 40 yard dash at 230 pounds. Defies physics.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Sorry no linky but I guess they're making one on OJ for the fall. It could be as long as five hours.

The part of the OJ story that doesn't need a full-blown rehash is the 1994 trial and subsequent events. His story was pretty interesting before it got to that point.