Tony Romo talks about Patriots (foot)balls

Terrible show with terrible new Country crap

Agreed. Country music used to be about mama, trains, trucks, prison, and getting drunk. Now it's just pop music with a slide guitar and/or fiddle thrown in there as an after thought to make it sound country. The lyrics boil down to "Hey. I live in the south/small town/on a farm/in America, and you do too. Them northerners/city folk don't understand our simple life. Buy my record. Oh, and here's my obligatory ass kissing reference to Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson/Hank Williams."

Agreed. Country music used to be about mama, trains, trucks, prison, and getting drunk. Now it's just pop music with a slide guitar and/or fiddle thrown in there as an after thought to make it sound country. The lyrics boil down to "Hey. I live in the south/small town/on a farm/in America, and you do too. Them northerners/city folk don't understand our simple life. Buy my record. Oh, and here's my obligatory ass kissing reference to Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson/Hank Williams."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vapt5C3yDeY

Nailed it.

I used to be quite neutral to modern country music. I was almost sure that when I moved to Texas that the stuff would grow on me. It's had the opposite effect though. I can't stand it now. There is some good stuff, but nothing you'll find on the radio.

99.9% of the music you find on the radio no matter what genre is horrible. You have to search high and low to find good music these days, not the cookie cutter crap they play on the radio.

Not a fan of country, but who ever put this together did a bang up job.

Not a fan of country, but who ever put this together did a bang up job.

i couldnt resist posting it in reply to TRBJ complaining about the cliche country songs.... its just amazing how formulaic the radio hits are. i mean, it makes sense, but it still blows my mind how close to the same they all are...

This is beautiful! I couldn't find it on iTunes to download...

Well I was drunk, the day my mom, got out of prison,

And I went, to pick her up, in the rain,

But before, I could get to the station in my pickup, truck.....

As a musician and song writer, I can't tell you how it burns my ass that the right producer and engineers can literally make a chimpanzee sound like a superstar in today's modern studio. Talent has taken a backseat to image. Music is an art form, and any art form is based on originality and effect. We are force fed what the labels want us to hear from their "assembly line" style trash. I would say don't get me started but it's too late for that now haha

As a musician and song writer, I can't tell you how it burns my ass that the right producer and engineers can literally make a chimpanzee sound like a superstar in today's modern studio. Talent has taken a backseat to image. Music is an art form, and any art form is based on originality and effect. We are force fed what the labels want us to hear from their "assembly line" style trash. I would say don't get me started but it's too late for that now haha

To be fair, that's been going on forever, granted It's even worse now. What did Elvis have that Chuck Berry didn't other than white skin, ten years of youth, and better looks?

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Senior, and some of Junior's stuff, Charlie Daniels, David Allan Coe. Open up your mind.

Johnny Cash has written a few songs I found pleasure in.

As a musical genre, Country music sucks.

I'm entitled to my opinion...I play 2 instruments, write music, and listen to almost all genres of music.

My mind is open.

Country music just sucks.