Report: Eagles to sign Tebow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet LeSean is upset he doesn't get to be in Philly for this.

NFL.com is so slow with breaking/developing stories sometimes. Still no mention of it there.

Ha! NFL.com! I'm sure they're dealing with so many other pressing thi..... never mind. Sunday cookouts don't count.

Biggest draft "smoke screen" ever? Think about it, mad scientist Chip makes it look like he's moved on from Mariota with this signing of Tebow.

Teams which have interest in Mariota start wondering why Chip didn't wait till the draft to make a move for "his guy". They start to wonder if Mariota is as sure of a thing as they thought the day before.

All it takes is for a few teams to pass on Mariota (Titans, Jets, Bears) and the fall could be steep enough for Chip to be able make a move for Mariota for a much more reasonable price.

@ESPNStatsInfo: Eagles signing Tim Tebow

Total QBR ranks since 2009:

Sam Bradford-46th

Mark Sanchez-50th

Tim Tebow-57th

*Min. 500 action plays (63 QBs)

Well, Tebow does have one of the highest 4th Qtr QBRs. It's statistically significant and repeatable . So maybe they will have Bradford play 3 quarters and stick Tebow in 4th Qtr for win.

Still amazing... A 3rd/4th string qb loses his spot on 3 different NFL rosters gets a headline for signing as camp fodder... all because he occasionally genuflects in the end zone and was a good athlete with index references to a really old book written on his face.

I just can't understand the fascination but am at least greatful the circus won't be stopping in buffalo.