which player do you hope slides to us at 50 realisitcally?

Pete

Someone feasible- Vic Beasley will not fall to us for example.

For me, there are 3 players that are possible that they might slide if we are lucky- and I would run to the podium- Preston Smith, Byron Jones, and AJ Cann. Who are you hoping falls to us at 50?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl Davis, DT from Iowa

All the measurables are there and guy is extremely strong, can hold the point of attack and would fit in great as the nose when they go 3-4 looks. His problem is motor, takes plays off and comes out of game too often, does not play with intensity and that is the reason why he's being talked about as a 2nd rounder instead of a top 10 pick. Same things were said about Mo Wilkerson when he came out, slipping him all the way to the bottom of the 1st, but Rex wanted him bad, got the fire lit and the rest is history. If Rex thinks he can push Davis' buttons he would be an absolute steal at 50 and great need fit (love me Kyle, but can't ignore the fact he's getting up there, as well as contract situation with DD, need some insurance).

Duke Johnson. We desperately need a viable backup RB and there will be tremendous value to be had at that spot for RB. Him or Tevin Coleman.

If for any reason McCoy goes down our offense regresses in a major way right now where we stand. It'll be worse than last season's pathetic rushing game if that happens and it would allow teams to focus on pressuring Cassel, which would not be good. We sorely need that offensive balance this season to make the playoffs, definitely if we're going to win the division and beat the Pats at least once.

Someone feasible- Vic Beasley will not fall to us for example.

For me, there are 3 players that are possible that they might slide if we are lucky- and I would run to the podium- Preston Smith, Byron Jones, and AJ Cann. Who are you hoping falls to us at 50?

Smith and Cann would be huge IMO...other guys that I'm really high on that could potentially slide to 50: Carl Davis, Jordan Phillips.

Love Shaq. He would be a monster for Rex and play all over the field.

That said, I'm in love with a Ginger. Give me some Mad Maxx Williams and have one of the best TE offenses in the NFL.

I like Maxx, but with NO trading Graham away and having 3 picks before our 1st I think he'll be gone