All-22 Breakdown of EJ Manuel

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you try clearing your cache? ugh, sorry. Working for some people and not others.

it worked fine for me this morning with out doing anything. Not your fault it didn't work last night. Great find!

I think Rex and Greg will do wonders for EJs confidence and that will help with him second guessing himself and throwing late balls. He makes a lot of correct reads but just doesn't trust himself to get it there.

The other probelm EJ has is his footwork. It is terrible at times. If he can get better with setting his feet he will improve tremendously.

He has the tools but like the article said, one play he looks like he could be a great QB and the next he looks like he never threw a football in his life. I think confidence and footwork will get him to be a pretty good QB

It seems like an excellent breakdown of E.J.'s career so far. People tend to forget that he was supposed to learn from Kolb for a year or two and lost his preseason as a rookie. He has shown flashes of really good play but also misses on easy plays. This will be a fair test for him this year as he is not Rex's guy and he owes him no loyalty. If he wins the QB battle in camp, great. If not, he's a solid backup. Either way this is the make or break year for him. I hope he succeeds because he seems like a great kid.

It seems like an excellent breakdown of E.J.'s career so far. People tend to forget that he was supposed to learn from Kolb for a year or two and lost his preseason as a rookie. He has shown flashes of really good play but also misses on easy plays. This will be a fair test for him this year as he is not Rex's guy and he owes him no loyalty. If he wins the QB battle in camp, great. If not, he's a solid backup. Either way this is the make or break year for him. I hope he succeeds because he seems like a great kid.

they (the anti EJ crowd) just do not want to hear this kind of rational thinking

also EJ never had a QB coach

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

That's basically where I'm sitting right now. Hopefully he works out, he's shown flashes. If he does, that puts us in great shape. If he's not amazing, then at the very least he's a cheap/solid backup for a few years, which is something that is also needed.

The major problem is the quality of QB. All three are below average.

Our GM has to do what it takes to get an above average starter in here.

We do not have time to waste.

It is apparent we will be rolling with one of the worse QB stables in the NFL.

Whaley is on the hook for last year and he will be for this year, if/when this experiment fails.

New GM next year comes with a lot of changes. I want Whaley to succeed and it is fairly obvious he has settled.

Now the hypothetical;

How much better would we be if Polian was GM, Whaley was gone and Marrone accepted his contract extension?

Imo

Whaley is on the hook for last year and he will be for this year, if/when this experiment fails.

New GM next year comes with a lot of changes. I want Whaley to succeed and it is fairly obvious he has settled.

Now the hypothetical;

How much better would we be if Polian was GM, Whaley was gone and Marrone accepted his contract extension?

Imo

which qb do you think Polian would have been able to being in between January and now? As you said, it all comes down to that.

I disagree. Playoffs or bust.

We've been rolling with it for almost 20 years.

This is the beginning of dominance, last piece of the puzzle.

This window is only open for a short amount of time. We/They need to take advantage of this talent. Our team is stacked!!

Playoffs or Bust.

Imo

So should we roll with the vet who has done very little in 10 yrs

The vet who has thrown 30 passes in his career

The project under the project?

Or go get Petty who played a 1 look spread offense with no NFL experience.

Which of these guys jerseys are you handing the keys too?

Now the hypothetical;

Imo

Worse. Exponentially worse. The game's passed Polian by, and Marrone was awful.

I'm really curious who we should have picked up in the last two years that is more of a guarantee than Kolb, EJ, Orton, Cassel. None of those names are great, but they are definitely near the top of the pile of currently mediocre. And certainly none of the rookies are guarantees, it's always a crap shoot there.

So if Whaley is to be fired for not batting 100% on the QB position, then we'll be going through a new GM every couple of years until we luck into a future hall of famer.

Now the hypothetical;

Imo

Wait a minute.....

Are you......

BILL POLIAN

@TheBillsMafia: NEW by @RQUINN619: All-22 Breakdown of #Bills QB EJ Manuel: Does He Have What it Takes? http://t.co/mbW1IEiJcMhttp://t.co/TKorLN6vJ9

Bottom line. It's on EJ to step up and take the next steps to become the leader of this team. The coaches can help him by putting him in the best offense fit to him, but he has to do the work and gain the confidence of his peers and know the system like the back of his hand. He needs to be the first guy there and last guy leaving everyday. That's a leader...

Bottom line. It's on EJ to step up and take the next steps to become the leader of this team. The coaches can help him by putting him in the best offense fit to him, but he has to do the work and gain the confidence of his peers and know the system like the back of his hand. He needs to be the first guy there and last guy leaving everyday. That's a leader...

That's the way I see it. EJ needs to take control of his own destiny. He's no longer the wide eyed rookie. There comes a time when a young man realizes what being a leader is all about. Often, that realization isn't anything like what you expect it to be. He has had time on and off the field to figure things out. I expect we'll see a huge improvement from him this year.

Now the hypothetical;

Imo

Seems my hunch was not such a stretch after all. IMO, you’re clearly connected to either Marrone directly or someone who’s very close to Marrone.

IMO, you have an agenda against Doug Whaley and EJ Manuel.
Doug Marrone basically quit his job as an NFL head coach and landed as offensive line coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars. That was the dumbest move in the history of NFL head coaches. He will never get a head coaching job again because there is no glossing over how stupid that looks on his resume. That wasn’t Whaley’s fault or Manuel’s fault it was Doug Marrone’s fault. He was a poser. A wannabe but never was. His quitting showed his true colors. He was a weak man who would rather jump ship to a higher profile job he thought he already had (the Jets, obviously) giving him three more years worth of posing, than to do the tough work of making the offensive line productive, developing the QB using his specific talents that he was drafted for, putting together inventive game plans that kept defenses guessing instead of knowing what they are going to run on every play. Orton’s production taking a nose dive after the first few games was a very ominous sign that Marrone was full of crap. That he was an amateur who didn’t know what he was doing. That he just wanted the adulation of a Bill Parcells without doing anything to deserve it.
Edited by 1billsfan