Possible reason for McNabb's lack of intensity

zow2

I was listening to a Philly beat writer on the radio earlier. According to some of his O-linemen, McNabb was really really sick in the 4th Qtr. They think he had something prior to the game (flu or cold?) and it took it's toll. He was dry heaving in the huddle and could not physically run the hurry-up offense. He couldn't even call some plays much less move quickly....Freddie Mitchell had to make the call on a few. Anyway, if this is true it explains alot...and also explains why Andy Reid gave such stupid & evasive answers to reporters questions.

I was listening to a Philly beat writer on the radio earlier.  According to some of his O-linemen, McNabb was really really sick in the 4th Qtr.  They think he had something prior to the game (flu or cold?) and it took it's toll.  He was dry heaving in the huddle and could not physically run the hurry-up offense. He couldn't even call some plays much less move quickly....Freddie Mitchell had to make the call on a few.  Anyway, if this is true it explains alot...and also explains why Andy Reid gave such stupid & evasive answers to reporters questions.

232432[/snapback]

flu or cold... or maybe reaction to pressure. :w00t:

I was listening to a Philly beat writer on the radio earlier.  According to some of his O-linemen, McNabb was really really sick in the 4th Qtr.  They think he had something prior to the game (flu or cold?) and it took it's toll.  He was dry heaving in the huddle and could not physically run the hurry-up offense. He couldn't even call some plays much less move quickly....Freddie Mitchell had to make the call on a few.  Anyway, if this is true it explains alot...and also explains why Andy Reid gave such stupid & evasive answers to reporters questions.

232432[/snapback]

If this is true, WTF was McNabb doing in the game? The score and time left in the game dictated running a hurry-up offense for Philly. If your starting QB can't do this for whatever reason, put in his backup. Andy Reid should get hammered by the Philly media.

If this is true, WTF was McNabb doing in the game?  The score and time left in the game dictated running a hurry-up offense for Philly.  If your starting QB can't do this for whatever reason, put in his backup.  Andy Reid should get hammered by the Philly media.

232454[/snapback]

Exactly.

why didn't they bring in coy detmer? he is money in the bank.

232441[/snapback]

Actually, it's "Koy", not coy. But even though I suspect you were being facetious, I agree with that statement. In fact, I feel that if Koy doesn't get himself into some sort of position to win a starting spot somewhere, he's going to be a wasted talent. When I lived in Philly I saw this kid play a lot. I'm not saying he's Peyton Manning, but he's at least a Billy Volek.

He was dry heaving in the huddle and could not physically run the hurry-up offense. He couldn't even call some plays much less move quickly....

Actually I remember seeing the exact same thing out of him more than once in college. His inability to finish games strong was one of the biggest reasons I didn't have him very high on my imaginary draft board.

I don't know if it's a problem with conditioning, nerves, a congenital flaw or what, but don't be fooled into thinking that this is the first time McNabb has been out of gas after 55:00 of football.

As for all this nonsense about his lack of intensity throughout the game, forget it. Intensity is for LB's, trenchmen and RB's; NOT for QB's.

He may not have played as well as he could have, but he did the right thing staying calm and maintaining his composure throughout most of the game.

Cya

ESPN radio this morning was commenting on a rumor that he suffered a concussion in the 1st quarter.

232450[/snapback]

he took a WICKED shot from one of the Pats' DL, it was such a hard hit it yanked the helmet off his head. He looked like he was trying to pop his ears.

he took a WICKED shot from one of the Pats' DL, it was such a hard hit it yanked the helmet off his head. He looked like he was trying to pop his  ears.

232493[/snapback]

If the Eagles would've done that to Brady, they may have won the game. :doh:

I'll never forget Siragusa squishing Gannon in the 2000 AFC Championship game...

after paying the fine, he said it was the best money he ever spent. :w00t::lol::lol:

he took a WICKED shot from one of the Pats' DL, it was such a hard hit it yanked the helmet off his head. He looked like he was trying to pop his ears.

Yeah, Seymour got to him just as he had let a ball go. He probably could have laid off but instead he drove McNabb hard into the turf, using his helmet as a defacto weapon to get a shot on McNabb's head/jaw.

At the time I didn't think he'd concussed him, but you could definitely tell that one hurt.

Cya