Am I a narc or a solid citizen ?

So I'm driving down the interstate and notice a u haul parked on a grassy area that has a body of water behind it.

I see them dumping 30 plus bags of trash into the public area. I called the non emergency 911 number and these toothless nascar fans probably got a nice surprise from the state police.

Good move? Or mind your business jerkoff ? It's 20,00 to go to the dump right up the street fwiw. I use it often.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm driving down the interstate and notice a u haul parked on a grassy area that has a body of water behind it.

I see them dumping 30 plus bags of trash into the public area. I called the non emergency 911 number and these toothless nascar fans probably got a nice surprise from the state police.

Good move? Or mind your business jerkoff ? It's 20,00 to go to the dump right up the street fwiw. I use it often.

Solid citizen.

You even asking has me worried.

Couple weeks ago driving down a backroad in Virginia, see a DIERETV van swearviing all over the place, obviously drunk, and this is at 2.30, schools and kids out etc. Call 911, and it being pretty rural cops ask me to follow him and stay on line with them till cruiser can catch up. I mean these are back roads in hilly terrain, and guy is way over yellow line all the time. I am terrified he is getting to creat of hill and killing someone.

Twenty minutes later cop shows up, I keep driving, call directv with van and report as well. I feel not one bit of regret

Edited by plenzmd1

No question. That's ridiculous and I'm glad you called.

Easy on the 'toothless nascar' wisecracks though. I happen to enjoy racing.

You even asking has me worried.

Couple weeks ago driving down a backroad in Virginia, see a DIERETV van swearviing all over the place, obviously drunk, and this is at 2.30, schools and kids out etc. Call 911, and it being pretty rural cops ask me to follow him and stay on line with them till cruiser can catch up. I mean these are back roads in hilly terrain, and guy is way over yellow line all the time. I am terrified he is getting to creat of hill and killing someone.

Twenty minutes later cop shows up, I keep driving, call directv with van and report as well. I feel not one bit of regret

Here...you have strong suspicion re: DWI. You, however, didn't see 'the crime' (him drinking) as with the first scenario so i wouldn't assume 'obviously drunk.' I've seen a few medical situations where folks were pulled over and their erratic driving was not related to substance abuse. MI and partial seizure were two that I was directly involved in and I've heard many stories. Psychosis etc.

Regardless, good call on your part. The person either needs help or, as you thought, is bombed. I'm not disagreeing with your assessment. Occam's razor is well utilized here. The simplest explanation is probably correct.... and he's 'probably' bombed. I'd withhold judgement, though, and let the police work it out.

Both of these are good calls.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Do you have all your molars ? Not a slam on NASCAR fans. Just the ones on meth that wear Mountain Dew hats.

I think you did the right thing but wonder what you would have done if you saw them all smoking a bong instead of dumping garbage.

I think you did the right thing but wonder what you would have done if you saw them all smoking a bong instead of dumping garbage.

If that was the case, he would have been a Narc. No question.

trying to trick me up with the whole wisdom tooth thing? 52 years old and still have every tooth in my head....still need to stop painting a population of people with such wide strokes.

Do you have all your molars ? Not a slam on NASCAR fans. Just the ones on meth that wear Mountain Dew hats.

I guess I would PM you, as no one else cares about such an outdated matter.

Look at all those fools in Colorado and Washington state paying all those taxes!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I guess I would PM you, as no one else cares about such an outdated matter.

Look at all those fools in Colorado and Washington state paying all those taxes!

No different than all of those fools paying for their booze or cigarettes.

What you did was not narcing, it was assisting the police. They can't be everywhere and truly depend on every day citizens to help inform them of crap like this. I wish more people would take the 5 minutes it takes of their time to call and report such things. Unfortunately, too many of us have the "it's none of my business" attitude and just drive on, while idiots like this continue to break the law and the expense of the rest of us. Victimless crimes, move on, potential for any sort of harm to others, call it in.