It's on like a mofo: Argos vs. Bills May 29th

Yolo answered it. You could entirely field a team of practice squad/3rd stringers and anyone who volunteers who thinks it will help their chances on the roster (Tuel, Taylor etc). Even so, I am 99% sure the Ralph would sell out.

No way. When was the last preseason game that sold out. No one wants to watch scrubs except die hards like us on this site, and even some of us wouldn't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

in May? How would the team be ready to play? CBA? Rookies? etc. etc. etc.

Hey, it's March and I'm desperate for some football. By May I'm the fan equivalent of a junkie who is combing his carpet for a dropped rock and, realizing that it is in fact a paint chip, decides to smoke it anyway.

I'm not proud.

No way. When was the last preseason game that sold out. No one wants to watch scrubs except die hards like us on this site, and even some of us wouldn't.

it would need to be set up differently than a regular preseason game, it would be like a college spring game. $5 tickets, free parking and it goes to charity. It will never happen but spring games (inter squad scrimmages) at big colleges draw 75k

Hey, it's March and I'm desperate for some football. By May I'm the fan equivalent of a junkie who is combing his carpet for a dropped rock and, realizing that it is in fact a paint chip, decides to smoke it anyway.

I'm not proud.

OK, let it happen. Would be a good thing.

I'm not proud.

It is April 1st aka April fools day and this is a prank :D

it would need to be set up differently than a regular preseason game, it would be like a college spring game. $5 tickets, free parking and it goes to charity. It will never happen but spring games (inter squad scrimmages) at big colleges draw 75k

Proceeds from free parking go to charity? My God, Terry IS cheap!!

It is April 1st aka April fools day and this is a prank :D

Yes, I've been able to surmise that by now. Thank you.

I'm just commenting on what I've learned about myself that, rather than world weary skepticism, my first impulse was girlish squeals of delight. Like I said, I'm not proud.

This wasn't the worst April fools joke of the day so far imo. Yesterday Greg Jennings tweeted that he had ended his FA and signed with a team but wouldn't reveal which one. He said he would tweet it at midnight. Apparently he said he was taking his talents to... And the link went to an April fools thing. Lame. But the worst was bruce Irvin, who tweeted this morning that he was arrested for a DUI. Oooh funny!

Edited by YoloinOhio

I stand corrected. It wouldn't happen, but under your scenario, I could see it getting a big draw.

I stand corrected. It wouldn't happen, but under your scenario, I could see it getting a big draw.

yep but really there is no reason to involve the Argos. Just hold an open practice/scrimmage at the ralph on a weekend during OTAs. Not everyone can get to SJF during TC and its a long wait until the end of July. But pro teams don't do this and I'm sure for good reason.

My understanding is that they are going to use the game to experiment with the "open bar concept" instead of the usual concession stands. It will be a real treat for the fans and make marketing the tickets so much easier.