Where do you think the Bills should hold Training Camp?

Bills training camp location   

139 members have voted

1. 1. Where should Bills hold training camp?

• St. John Fisher
    • Practice Facility in Orchard Park/RWS
    • Back to SUNY Fredonia
    • Other

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble that is hoping training camp will be moved to their backyard (kdiggz). There are probably 35,000 items on the to do list that will come up before moving training camp. It really is considered to be the best (or at least one of the couple best) operations in the league.

The Bills haven't missed the playoffs because of St. John Fisher. They have missed the playoffs because they have had pretty bad teams for 15 years.

Why is this even a legit question? There is no need to switch it up, SJF is the best facility around the league. Just thought I would come on here to say how crazy of an idea that this is to entertain.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Why is this even a legit question? There is no need to switch it up, SJF is the best facility around the league. Just thought I would come on here to say how crazy of an idea that this is to entertain.

just trying to meet my poll quota for the day

Lol - actually i was surprised so many teams just stay at the facility. Is it an advantage to do so?

It is cheaper

i can see that as well as being less hassle. But the trade off is I'd think the team is more focused on getting ready for the season when away from home and together 24-7. Plus you can regionalize the fan base (if needed). The Browns want to hold theirs in Cbus next year for that reason.

i can see that as well as being less hassle. But the trade off is I'd think the team is more focused on getting ready for the season when away from home and together 24-7. Plus you can regionalize the fan base (if needed). The Browns want to hold theirs in Cbus next year for that reason.

All of this is true. In addition, the Bills have TONS of sponsor related assets at training camp. Having it there gives them a lot of inventory unique to training camp and more than offsets the expense of relocating to SJF.

just trying to meet my poll quota for the day

Lol - actually i was surprised so many teams just stay at the facility. Is it an advantage to do so?

I'd say there are a lot of advantages to being at St John Fisher. It's a nice break away from Orchard Park, so it must feel like a vacation in a sense. So when the players are tired of the grueling work they're doing at SJF, coming back to OP is exciting and relieving.

The facility is top notch, so I can't imagine them having any higher of a moral somewhere else than they do at SJF.

Plus we barely get covered by the media, and one of the best places for the media to go to is SJF, they always talk it up. I think that's a boost as well in positivity for the team.

Not to mention it gets Rochesterians pumped, regionalizes the team and it's not far (about 60-80 mins depending on speed/traffic) from Buffalo.

I wouldn't change it for the world.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Away is better. More control by the team and we need the Rochester fan base. To much time to play at home after practice. That period is set aside to learn and practice. Tough being away from home for that period with what they make isn't it. Times are tough. Suck it up.

Greenbriar was a total disaster. It is a resort. There are a lot of people here that think their trip to Greenbriar was a factor in their poor season. In addition, you have no fan support, etc... They tried something different and it didn't work. They may be one and done there.

+1

Away is better. More control by the team and we need the Rochester fan base. To much time to play at home after practice. That period is set aside to learn and practice. Tough being away from home for that period with what they make isn't it. Times are tough. Suck it up.

I don't think the players were complaining.