Rolling Stones at the Ralph concert thread

I remember when they played the show at Rich, in 1981. The Dead played at the Aud the night before... my buddy and I sat through their 4 hour show, and then headed straight from the Aud, out to Rich Stadium to get in queue for the Stones...much different times then...it was a blast...can't imagine doing that now...

Oddly I remember that whole weekend. The deadhead scene by the Aud was something to see by itself. I was telling my wife about the Stones show. Remember if you can, everyone was allowed to bring in a one gallon container with the beverage of their choice! And I said to her imagine doing tha now lol.

Based on your comments about the Who and how many times you've seen them, I would pass if I were you.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly I remember that whole weekend. The deadhead scene by the Aud was something to see by itself. I was telling my wife about the Stones show. Remember if you can, everyone was allowed to bring in a one gallon container with the beverage of their choice! And I said to her imagine doing tha now lol.

Based on your comments about the Who and how many times you've seen them, I would pass if I were you.

Yeah...I just have some friends who really want to go see the Who (none of them have seen them before) and I don't want to be the nay-sayer. I really do love that band, but it just kind of hurt to see them the last time...like I wished I hadn't.

As for Rich Stadium in 1981, it is a perfect illustration of how much things have changed, isn't it? I had Bills season tickets at that time too, and I remember, like you, the one gallon rule. I was a minor at that time (I was 15 in 1980), and I recall my older brother and his buddies taking me and a friend of mine (also 15) to a night-time Bills game (Thursday nighter against the Eagles)... can't remember all the details now, but somehow the group of 5 of us had more alcohol on us than was allowed....so the security guy says to me and my friend (both 15) "your gonna have to dump that, or drink it". Being 15, and invincible, we chose to chug a tank full of screw-drivers.... I am sure I was loaded, but the funny thing is, I don't really remember getting drunk at all...man, my tolerance level used to be so high back then! :lol: Now, at 50, three beers and all I want to do is sleep....

Yeah...I just have some friends who really want to go see the Who (none of them have seen them before) and I don't want to be the nay-sayer. I really do love that band, but it just kind of hurt to see them the last time...like I wished I hadn't.

As for Rich Stadium in 1981, it is a perfect illustration of how much things have changed, isn't it? I had Bills season tickets at that time too, and I remember, like you, the one gallon rule. I was a minor at that time (I was 15 in 1980), and I recall my older brother and his buddies taking me and a friend of mine (also 15) to a night-time Bills game (Thursday nighter against the Eagles)... can't remember all the details now, but somehow the group of 5 of us had more alcohol on us than was allowed....so the security guy says to me and my friend (both 15) "your gonna have to dump that, or drink it". Being 15, and invincible, we chose to chug a tank full of screw-drivers.... I am sure I was loaded, but the funny thing is, I don't really remember getting drunk at all...man, my tolerance level used to be so high back then! :lol: Now, at 50, three beers and all I want to do is sleep....

Reminds me of a bus trip in 1979. Of course the party started at 8am in the bar and we get to The Rich. It was a late November game so we had beer cans stuffed in our coats. So are tickets we're in the corner of the upper deck and we were drinking and security was turning the other way. Of course one of our idiots takes off his shirt and is standing on the seat (bench) with beer cans hoisted up in the air. Security comes over tells him to get down, give them the beer and get dressed. he of course had to mouthy so they threw his ass out. A bit latter a security guy come looking for the bar owner and takes him aside. He comes back and says 'dan" was arrested because once outside he thought he'd climb the fence back in! So before we could come back to Elmira we stopped at the OP police dept to pick his ass up. Needless to say it was a long trip home...

Just called- said the ticket office was closed, although the message stayed they are open Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm.... Tried to dial my reps extension anyway and it went directly to voicemail. Checked my email and haven't received anything yet. Bought my daughter tickets for the 1D concert and I recall not getting any email at all, I had to call my ticket rep and they gave me the code- it was something like 1Dbuffalo or something like that. We may have to end up doing that as well for this concert...

I sent an email and got a message that the office is closed today and will reopen tmrw, 4/7.

I actually find the lack of communication related to concerts and other events rather annoying.

So what you're saying is you can't get no satisfaction.

Just called- said the ticket office was closed, although the message stayed they are open Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm.... Tried to dial my reps extension anyway and it went directly to voicemail. Checked my email and haven't received anything yet. Bought my daughter tickets for the 1D concert and I recall not getting any email at all, I had to call my ticket rep and they gave me the code- it was something like 1Dbuffalo or something like that. We may have to end up doing that as well for this concert...

Your daughter got you One Direction tickets for Father's Day?

Still no one in the ticket office

I got an email reply from my rep.... not as detailed as I hoped.

My Questions- Onsale for season ticket holders is Friday. When can we expect some information about the onsale?

Not sure. Safe to say that morning you should have the link and promo code Timothy.

Have a great day!

SHOULD have... what if I don't?

Any one else a club seat holder? Bizrul was the only who responded to the thread I start, but somebody jumped me and Bizrul committed his tickets to him which sucks and Thank You to the jumper. So I 'm still looken. Anyone?

Anyone know how the American Express Presale works? The presale starts tomorrow but the concert isn't listed as an event on the member benefits page. No other information is provided on the Rolling Stones website.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know how the American Express Presale works? The presale starts tomorrow but the concert isn't listed as an event on the member benefits page. No other information is provided on the Rolling Stones website.

Thanks in advance.

Try ticketmaster.com.

Those seats are going to be the best seats and also the majority of seats sold. Nearly everyone else will be forced to go to Stub Hub once the presale is over.