Rolling Stones at the Ralph concert thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im assuming you are unaware of their current 50th anniversary shows coming up......

maybe Bach should tour! Hell lets put a double bill with Beethovan! Maybe the Beattle could tour as well, half the band may be dead but half are alive. The Who are touring! 50 years of music, even though we haven't produced any new music for ever. Exactly when was the last Who album?

What other social security bands can still tour?

Nothing but a money grab

maybe Bach should tour! Hell lets put a double bill with Beethovan! Maybe the Beattle could tour as well, half the band may be dead but half are alive. The Who are touring! 50 years of music, even though we haven't produced any new music for ever. Exactly when was the last Who album?

Nothing but a money grab

Whenever a classic band puts out and tours on a new album, people complain that they play too much new stuff.

Whenever a classic band puts out and tours on a new album, people complain that they play too much new stuff.

This tour is to promote the re-release of Sticky FIngers so there won't be any new stuff to promote.

Nothing but a money grab

636x460design_01.jpg

This tour is to promote the re-release of Sticky FIngers so there won't be any new stuff to promote.

I know. And they're playing the album in it's entirety. Which is awesome. But I was calling him out saying that a classic band shouldn't tour without anything new. But the second they "This next one is from our new album..." the crowds immediately disperse for the beer/bathroom line." So why should they put out new material if nobody appreciates it anyway?

Nothing but a money grab

?????

Stones put on a great show last time in Seattle at the Clink (Century Link Field).

I'm a Club Seat holder and will not be flying back for the concert. I haven't received any information from the Bills yet in terms of when they go on sale, how much or how many tickets I could buy. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Are they going to have reserved seats? Seems like every other show I have been to at the Ralph (when it was still Rich Stadium) was "every man for himself"

July 1978 Stones was that way... what I remember of it. We had a friend that had a Volkswagen van that didn't drink. Needless to say the rest of us did and we started in Elmira and never stopped.

My first concert was the '81 show, opened by George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers, and Journey (who didn't get much love, as I recall). General admission, ran down to the field and stood 20 yards from the stage, packed so tight you couldn't move. The Stones rocked the house that day! :worthy:

I know. And they're playing the album in it's entirety. Which is awesome?

Don't know where you heard that but it is not going to happen. certainly the band has not announced it, so it is pure speculation. Possible 2 small club dates in LA where they could pull it off During rehearsals. which to date have not been announced. The entire SF album is not stadium oriented, too many slower tunes and Jagger keeps the energy way up in front of 60-80 thousand fans. he doesn't like people in their seats. Sister Morphine while great is not a tune among others from SF that would translate too stadiums. expect a couple of different tunes not played in 13-14. But the fans want the hits, and they will be delivered. The Last single "Doom & Gloom will probabaly be dropped from the set also.

The SF reissue is just being released like previous reissues (some girls and Exile for examples) with some alternate takes and a few tunes from Leeds 40 years ago. Reissues are very popular these days. Ask Jimmy Page.

it will be the standard Vegas war horses and and possibly as many as four tunes from SF.

IMO

July 1978 Stones was that way... what I remember of it. We had a friend that had a Volkswagen van that didn't drink. Needless to say the rest of us did and we started in Elmira and never stopped.

I remember when they played the show at Rich, in 1981. The Dead played at the Aud the night before... my buddy and I sat through their 4 hour show, and then headed straight from the Aud, out to Rich Stadium to get in queue for the Stones...much different times then...it was a blast...can't imagine doing that now...

Great another geriatric tour. Hey Neil Diamond is playing Buffalo too! Maybe they can dug up the Greatful Dead even though Garcia is dead, why not put em on tour!

And the beauty of it is, you don't have to go if you don't want to... :thumbsup:

Don't know where you heard that but it is not going to happen. certainly the band has not announced it, so it is pure speculation. Possible 2 small club dates in LA where they could pull it off During rehearsals. which to date have not been announced. The entire SF album is not stadium oriented, too many slower tunes and Jagger keeps the energy way up in front of 60-80 thousand fans. he doesn't like people in their seats. Sister Morphine while great is not a tune among others from SF that would translate too stadiums. expect a couple of different tunes not played in 13-14. But the fans want the hits, and they will be delivered. The Last single "Doom & Gloom will probabaly be dropped from the set also.

The SF reissue is just being released like previous reissues (some girls and Exile for examples) with some alternate takes and a few tunes from Leeds 40 years ago. Reissues are very popular these days. Ask Jimmy Page.

it will be the standard Vegas war horses and and possibly as many as four tunes from SF.

IMO

Well... that is as much speculation on your part as people saying they will play the whole Sticky Fingers album. You are likely right, but wouldn't it be amazing if they had Mick Taylor on stage with them, for all of the Sticky Fingers songs? Just a pipe dream, I know... btw- they have done some of the "non-hit" tunes from Sticky Fingers on stage over the last few tours...when they played Austin in 2007, they rehearsed "Sway" (you could hear it all over the city)...it didn't make the final cut for the Austin show, but I understand they did it at some other shows since... Keith has also said, a few times over the recent tours that they were having a blast playing songs live that they had never played before, almost having to re-learn them. As much as anything, I think the Stones, in their 70's, are more conscious of giving the fans what they want these days, than they were in their younger days. I think they know the end is near...

Edited by Buftex

Don't know where you heard that but it is not going to happen. certainly the band has not announced it, so it is pure speculation.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rolling-stones-plan-summer-tour-sticky-fingers-reissue-20150331

"UPDATE: Mick Jagger tells Rolling Stone that the group is considering playing the entirety of Sticky Fingers on its upcoming tour."

It amazes me (in a good way) that it's 2015 and the Stones and the Who are both going on tours. Floors me, really. There are certain artists I don't mind dropping above average $$ on to see. Both the Stones and Who qualify. It bums me that I'm unable to swing it for these shows, but I'm very happy for those who will be able to enjoy them.

Long Live Rock.

I remember when they played the show at Rich, in 1981. The Dead played at the Aud the night before... my buddy and I sat through their 4 hour show, and then headed straight from the Aud, out to Rich Stadium to get in queue for the Stones...much different times then...it was a blast...can't imagine doing that now...

And the beauty of it is, you don't have to go if you don't want to... :thumbsup:

Well... that is as much speculation on your part as people saying they will play the whole Sticky Fingers album. You are likely right, but wouldn't it be amazing if they had Mick Taylor on stage with them, for all of the Sticky Fingers songs? Just a pipe dream, I know... btw- they have done some of the "non-hit" tunes from Sticky Fingers on stage over the last few tours...when they played Austin in 2007, they rehearsed "Sway" (you could hear it all over the city)...it didn't make the final cut for the Austin show, but I understand they did it at some other shows since... Keith has also said, a few times over the recent tours that they were having a blast playing songs live that they had never played before, almost having to re-learn them. As much as anything, I think the Stones, in their 70's, are more conscious of giving the fans what they want these days, than they were in their younger days. I think they know the end is near...

ok i am speculating. But it is not happening. Taylors contract expired in february and so far has not been renewed. Kind,of sucks he is the backbone of SF. believe what you want. Like i said they will play cuts from SF and in some venues maybe the whole LP. This band cannot do three hour sets. And the show will end by 11PM. The great thing about Buffalo is they will be well into their groove by the time they get there

My info is not from rolling stone magazine. Its the ESPN of music these days. We sometimes wonder if they still employ editors.

My info is not from rolling stone magazine. Its the ESPN of music these days. We sometimes wonder if they still employ editors.

I agree with you about RS. But Mick's quote seems to be genuine...

http://time.com/3768461/rolling-stones-tour-sticky-fingers-zip-code/

"Rolling Stone’s return to the road coincides with the release of a deluxe edition of the classic Sticky Fingers album on May 26. Stones’ front man Mick Jagger says the band is wrestling with the idea of performing the album in its entirety during the tour.

Sticky Fingers has about five slow songs. I’m just worried that it might be problematic in stadiums,” Jagger told Rolling Stonemagazine. “Maybe we’d play it and everyone would say, ‘Great,’ but maybe they’ll get restless and start going to get drinks.”

Edited by Lurker

It amazes me (in a good way) that it's 2015 and the Stones and the Who are both going on tours. Floors me, really. There are certain artists I don't mind dropping above average $$ on to see. Both the Stones and Who qualify. It bums me that I'm unable to swing it for these shows, but I'm very happy for those who will be able to enjoy them.

Long Live Rock.

I'm a little more ambivalent on the Who... I saw them a few years ago and kind of wish I hadn't. Daltrey really doesn't have that voice anymore, at all, and Pete was kind of a shell too... I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but it really did feel like the Who-lite. They are playing here again in May..I haven't ruled out going, but I am not feeling near as excited about it. I have seen them about 8 times since the late 70's, and the last time was just not the way I want to remember them...

ok i am speculating. But it is not happening. Taylors contract expired in february and so far has not been renewed. Kind,of sucks he is the backbone of SF. believe what you want. Like i said they will play cuts from SF and in some venues maybe the whole LP. This band cannot do three hour sets. And the show will end by 11PM. The great thing about Buffalo is they will be well into their groove by the time they get there

Oh, your probably right (and the thing about Mick Taylor was purely pipe-dreaming on my part), but Jagger himself has broached the subject, and didn't dismiss it entirely.