Best & Worst offseason moves for Bills

Best & Worst offseason moves for Bills  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite offseason move so far?

• Hiring of Rex Ryan as HC
    • Hiring of Greg Roman as OC
    • Signing OG Richie Incognito
    • Trading Kiko for Shady McCoy
    • Trading for QB Matt Cassel
    • Re-signing Jerry Hughes
    • Re-signing role players like Easley and Wynn
    • Signing WR Percy Harvin
    • Signing FB Jerome Felton
    • Signing TE Charles Clay
    • Signing QB Tyrod Taylor
    • None - I hate them all because... QB
  2. 2. What is your least favorite offseason move so far?

• Hiring of Rex Ryan as HC
    • Hiring of Greg Roman as OC
    • Signing OG Richie Incognito
    • Trading Kiko for Shady McCoy
    • Trading for QB Matt Cassel
    • Re-signing Jerry Hughes
    • Re-signing role players like Easley and Wynn
    • Signing WR Percy Harvin
    • Signing FB Jerome Felton
    • Signing TE Charles Clay
    • Signing QB Tyrod Taylor
    • None - I like them all

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got to love these polls 2nd Highest least favorite move

Trading for QB Matt Cassel (14 votes [16.67%] )

wasn't there a poll where people selected Meh Cassel as the favorite to be / win the #1 spot or some such? Who will start at QB on opening day?

just saying .. not trying to start any arguments .....

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Pretty interesting so far. Most choices have a big number for one (best or worst) and a small number for the other. For example, Rex is currently 31 for fav, and 2 for least. However the Kiko/Shady one is more evenly split. Currently 16 fav and 11 least.

Pretty interesting so far. Most choices have a big number for one (best or worst) and a small number for the other. For example, Rex is currently 31 for fav, and 2 for least. However the Kiko/Shady one is more evenly split. Currently 16 fav and 11 least.

Like Bills Fan Forever said above these polls are interesting because I think the for was a big winner when the trade was made with exception to a few vocal critics.

wasn't there a poll where people selected Meh Cassel as the favorite to be / win the #1 spot or some such? Who will start at QB on opening day?

It says a lot about what people think about the QB situation. Compared to our other moves people liked it the least (the only category with more votes is they didn't do anything wrong). I do not think that anyone is thrilled when it comes to the Cassel move but they think that he is the "skinniest fat person" as evidenced by the other poll.

I would imagine if they would have signed Josh McCown (or Hoyer) instead of Cassel the two polls would have been about where they are now. The QB options on the open market were not inspiring and neither are the QB options on the roster. The Bills added a guy that they think can be a caretaker and make good decisions. I am sure that they would have loved to have added a guy that can win games on his own but unfortunately that option was not out there.

Either way, this team should win double digit games with the talent on the roster. Maybe they will not win the 13-14 that they are capable of with a franchise type guy, but 10-11 wins should be enough to get them into the playoffs and achieve their stated goal.

Like Bills Fan Forever said above these polls are interesting because I think the for was a big winner when the trade was made with exception to a few vocal critics.

In terms of the Shady deal I equate it to that old sports analogy, "you never trade a dollar for 4 quarters." Kiko has a chance to be a great player but if he is a quarter McCoy is fifty cents. I would deal a potentially great player for an already great player 8 days a week.

Maybe people dislike the move because he is the favorite to start, and they would rather go with one of our young guys than another 30+ Journeyman who might retire after this year

Maybe people dislike the move because he is the favorite to start, and they would rather go with one of our young guys than another 30+ Journeyman who might retire after this year

For me you had to add one of the veterans as uninspiring is it may be. You had to protect yourself with a "worst case scenario" type of acquisition. I just wish that there were better options than the guys out there.

For me you had to add one of the veterans as uninspiring is it may be. You had to protect yourself with a "worst case scenario" type of acquisition. I just wish that there were better options than the guys out there.

Oh I agree, though I do believe he is there to be a backup and not the starter. I just wanted to point out that you could logically think Cassel would start and also not like the move :D

Oh I agree, though I do believe he is there to be a backup and not the starter. I just wanted to point out that you could logically think Cassel would start and also not like the move :D

Absolutely, that is possible. I just hope that whatever QB ends up under center completes about 62% of their passes and has a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. If that happens this team will be in fine shape.

I chose the Tyrod Taylor as worst because I want someone like Hundley drafted as competition and there is only so many touches in preseason.

Wrt to cassel in particular I think that it comes down to being "least favorite" because it's not exciting. I don't think a ton of people would actually say they "disapprove" of the signing because they know we needed a vet and they know the pickings were ultra slim. But at the same time, when you think about all the moves, it's probably didn't have the Pegulas dancing in their boat.

Regardless, it could very well end up being the most important move due to the nature of the position.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i have to admit when I hear he is the favorite to start, I kind of cringe. At the same time, I havent heard that from anyone directly within the team, and when Clay was interviewed this week, I got the impression that he saw EJ as the favorite and cassel was brought in as a mentor. Whether or not the coaches or FO told him things along those lines, or he was just making assumptions, I don't know. I prefer to think that Rex is being straightforward in his statements that they will be starting out on equal footing in camp to earn the job, and the reps will be set up to give then equal access to the 1s.

I think Kiko/Shady is split because it's one move featuring a loss and a gain. If the moves were separate and trading Kiko was one option and signing Mccoy was another, I think you would see a ton of people saying trading Kiko was least favorite and signing mccoy was most favorite. But the moves weren't made in a vacuum, so you get mixed feelings. Edited by YoloinOhio

Great Poll YOLO!!

I voted Shady as the best. He is the one guy that they added (or re-signed) that can be considered a legitimate superstar.

I voted Incognito as the worst. Despite their desperate need for an upgrade on the OL I am not sure that a lunatic that has been out of the league for 2 years (or whatever it has been) solves that problem. That said, it is the worst move to me but not an awful move (or even a bad one).

I voted Hughes as best and Tyrod as worst.

Why?

Absolutely, that is possible. I just hope that whatever QB ends up under center completes about 62% of their passes and has a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. If that happens this team will be in fine shape.

Heh. Indubitably.

You do realize a number of quality QB don't achieve that TD to INT ratio including Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, and Matt Ryan is right on the bubble?

IMO if we have a QB who performs similarly to Andy Dalton, Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick under center we'll be seeing playoffs.

Why?

Heh. Indubitably.

You do realize a number of quality QB don't achieve that TD to INT ratio including Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, and Matt Ryan is right on the bubble?

IMO if we have a QB who performs similarly to Andy Dalton, Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick under center we'll be seeing playoffs.

I know but those guys also throw 30 plus touchdowns. I am hoping for 20 and 10. I would be fine with 30 and 17 though :).