Best & Worst offseason moves for Bills

Best & Worst offseason moves for Bills  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite offseason move so far?

• Hiring of Rex Ryan as HC
    • Hiring of Greg Roman as OC
    • Signing OG Richie Incognito
    • Trading Kiko for Shady McCoy
    • Trading for QB Matt Cassel
    • Re-signing Jerry Hughes
    • Re-signing role players like Easley and Wynn
    • Signing WR Percy Harvin
    • Signing FB Jerome Felton
    • Signing TE Charles Clay
    • Signing QB Tyrod Taylor
    • None - I hate them all because... QB
  2. 2. What is your least favorite offseason move so far?

• Hiring of Rex Ryan as HC
    • Hiring of Greg Roman as OC
    • Signing OG Richie Incognito
    • Trading Kiko for Shady McCoy
    • Trading for QB Matt Cassel
    • Re-signing Jerry Hughes
    • Re-signing role players like Easley and Wynn
    • Signing WR Percy Harvin
    • Signing FB Jerome Felton
    • Signing TE Charles Clay
    • Signing QB Tyrod Taylor
    • None - I like them all

I voted the same. I don't "hate" the Meh Cassel move, but it was my least favorite. I wasn't excited about it and still am not, but that could change depending on how he looks in camp.

I view this as a no other options move. I like the move but fear the Bills overpaid for Clay.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I voted Shady as my least favorite. I still don't understand trading for and paying a RB with 6 years of wear and tear whose style does not fit the ground and pound approach

I agree; I don't understand it. Defenders of the trade say he is a "top three RB" but they are thinking of 2013, not last year. And McCoy drew the exact same criticism in Philly that Spiller got here: runs sideways too much, doesn't hit the hole. And for this they gave up a bargain contract player (with at least two years remaining on his rookie deal) who is on the verge of becoming a star.

I know but those guys also throw 30 plus touchdowns. I am hoping for 20 and 10. I would be fine with 30 and 17 though :).

Kaep has never thrown more than 21 TDs. Granted, he does nearly fit into the 2:1 TD:Int ratio you were talking about. I agree, get those kinds of numbers and this team is easily in the playoffs.

There isn't a move they've made that I "hate" or even "dislike." Everything seems calculated to address a deficiency and/or bring talent to the roster and coaching staff.

As for favorite, it's gotta be Rex. The enthusiasm, optimism, energy, and skill he brings to table is hard to quantify...

I agree; I don't understand it. Defenders of the trade say he is a "top three RB" but they are thinking of 2013, not last year. And McCoy drew the exact same criticism in Philly that Spiller got here: runs sideways too much, doesn't hit the hole. And for this they gave up a bargain contract player (with at least two years remaining on his rookie deal) who is on the verge of becoming a star.

FWIW he won the rushing title in 2013 and was 3rd last year in rushing. He started the year slowly and closed strong. He is a legitimate superstar.

he was a top 3 running back last year too. He's a two time 1st team all pro. Elite NFL players don't grow on trees, despite some people thinking you can just draft some kid in the 5th round and assume same result. Edited by YoloinOhio

I got the hiring of Greg Roman as OC because he took two decent QB's and helped them to look great. Alex Smith has parlayed his stint under Roman into an NFL career and Roman made Kaepernick look like a superstar at times as well. Game planning and putting your players in the position to succeed on offense he seems to do well. Almost even with that is us bringing in Rex imo.

I like all of the moves we have made this offseason, after the initial knee jerk when we traded away Kiko for Shady, so I'm not really pissed about anything.

Ironically, I think the departures of both Marrone and Orton appear to me to have both been additions by subtraction of both men.

Merron now gives all the appearance of having been a legend in his own mind. In the end he showed no loyalty to hs team or the players and I think we are clearly better off without him.

Likewise Orton, He fooled everyone from Merrone to his teanmmates and his decision to retire obviously made long ago left me feeling, don't the door hit you on the way out.

I think it's interesting Ryan has as many votes for favorite off-season move as the next 4 highest choices combined. If I thought the culture change I see was caused by him, he'd have my vote too.

I credit the Pegulas for the change. They'd have my vote, and win by a landslide I think, if they were listed as a choice - - even though they don't fit the construct of the poll.

I think it's interesting Ryan has as many votes for favorite off-season move as the next 4 highest choices combined. If I thought the culture change I see was caused by him, he'd have my vote too.

I credit the Pegulas for the change. They'd have my vote, and win by a landslide I think, if they were listed as a choice - - even though they don't fit the construct of the poll.

Ultimately the buck stops with the person in charge and I have long felt the key responsibity for the 0-15 pllayoff free run was though I hate to say negative things about the relatively recent death, all our losing teams shared one thing in common and that was a series of poor footballl decisions made by Mr. Ralph.

He deserves great kudos for placing andd keeping the team here in Buffalo, but the simple fact is that though it is to early to declare the Pegulas great, he clearly is an upgrade at owner.

Not to totally derail this really good thread but as a sidebar isn't it nice to not have to worry about the Bills future? There are 3 teams that are being talked about to move to LA and we are not one of them. It really is a pretty amazing feeling.

Not to totally derail this really good thread but as a sidebar isn't it nice to not have to worry about the Bills future? There are 3 teams that are being talked about to move to LA and we are not one of them. It really is a pretty amazing feeling.

Completely agree. Hallelujah!