Browns, Falcons have been informed of "severe discipline"

Gosh, I hope it's in line with Mike Tomlin's punishment for stepping onto the field and influencing a play during a nationally televised game. That yielded a $25k fine and a "we might take away a draft pick, but decided not to" punishment. I'm sure the Browns and Falcons will get it worse. They both deserve punishments to be sure, but Goodell has his favorites (Steelers, Patriots, Ravens and Giants) and rarely punishes them as badly as they deserve.

Tomlin was slapped with a $100,000 fine- not $25,000

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Louisiana I love seeing bad things happen to the Falcons, worst sports town in the country besides Miami IMO

Atlanta is a young city that has been made up of mostly transplants. The sports teams have also been for the most part not very good due to poor ownership. Give the teams a few more years and another generation being born in the city and growing up watching them.

Falcons will get a fine and a draft pick taken away, most likely in 2016. That is my prediction. Probably something similar for the Browns.

This is a positive for the Browns, not a punishment. Farmer is brutal.

@AdamSchefter: Browns GM Ray Farmer also expected to be suspended for Text-gate role but Cleveland is not expected to lose a draft pick, per sources.

@AdamSchefter: NFL expected to suspend Falcons president Rich McKay from comp committee and take draft pick from ATL for piping in crowd noise, per source

This is a positive for the Browns, not a punishment. Farmer is brutal.

@AdamSchefter: Browns GM Ray Farmer also expected to be suspended for Text-gate role but Cleveland is not expected to lose a draft pick, per sources.

@AdamSchefter: NFL expected to suspend Falcons president Rich McKay from comp committee and take draft pick from ATL for piping in crowd noise, per source

That's severe? Farmer loses some money that Cleveland can just give back to him as a bonus or restructuring his contract as there are no rules preventing that and 250k? That's not a large fine to an NFL team.

That's severe? Farmer loses some money that Cleveland can just give back to him as a bonus or restructuring his contract as there are no rules preventing that and 250k? That's not a large fine to an NFL team.

Farmer gets to remain in the draft process... That seems like punishment to me.

if true that the nature of the texts gave no advantage, but simply broke a rule -- thats a pretty hefty amount.

A 5th? who scooped ESPN?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12586639/nfl-expected-take-draft-pick-atlanta-falcons-suspend-team-president-rich-mckay-competition-committee

The Atlanta Falcons have been fined $350,000 and will forfeit a 2016 draft pick for piping crowd noise into the Georgia Dome during home games over the last two seasons.

Browns fined $250K, GM suspended for texts

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Hilarious that the darlings of the NFL get away with cheating, yet the tire fires get punished.

probably best to wait and see what happens, since the pats stuff was weeks if not months more recent being discovered. one would expect atleast a little lag.