Kiko or Woods?

Kiko or Woods?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. In lieu of the report that the Bills could have traded Kiko or Woods for Shady, which would you have rather traded?

He seems like a tweener, but Kiko is actually about the same size as Nigel Bradham.

I also think Kiko can play the run better than folks remember. I think everyone remembers those plays where he gambled and didn't fill the right gap, leading to big runs. But the guy was also all over the field (had 160 tackles!).

In any event, I think he will excel in Philly. I just hope Shady and Woods both do too.

Thats true in a sense. Nigel is a walking muscle. And a scud missile. Kiko was good. But i honestly think Woods is more valuable to the team.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the report interesting that either Kiko or Robert Woods could have landed Shady. I thought that it would be interesting to see what the board's thoughts are on who they would have dealt?

Alonso was basically the odd man out on this D, Woods has a large role to play on offense...no brained they would have sent Alonso, a piece they didn't need instead of Woods, a piece they did...

lets see a solid WR or top level LB? Yep trade the LB :wallbash:

This pisses me off even more knowing they could have traded Woods.

Kiko might be a top level LB, no one knows. He had a great start to his rookie year and hit the invisible rookie wall down the stretch. Then he got hurt and missed a whole season. No one knows which Kiko is the real Kiko, the one who lit the world on fire for his first five games, or the one who was unspectacular but good to close out the year.

Woods is a much more known commodity. He can line inside or on the boundary, he runs good routes, has shown excellent hands and physicality. Plus, he's cheap -- for now -- the Bills are getting way more value out of Woods than what they're paying him. Of course, the same can be said of Kiko, he's cheap too and certainly was worth more than he got paid his first year. But it goes back to Kiko still being something of an unknown... at least in comparison to Woods.

All that said, the biggest reason you hold onto Woods over Kiko (imo) is what's already been said: taking valuable pieces away from the offense does nothing to help the overall team. Kiko may be great, but he's superfluous. The proof of that is the defense's performance last season without him.

lets see a solid WR or top level LB? Yep trade the LB :wallbash:

This pisses me off even more knowing they could have traded Woods.

I wouldn't call Kiko top level, he played well in 2013 but I wouldn't have called him a top 5 LB by any stretch. Kiko also is coming of a pretty serious injury the second of it's kind that he has suffered. Also Wood's has improved very much from his second year. Woods had about 700 yards on 65 receptions with 5 TD's with a combo of EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton behind a shaky O-line. Those are pretty good numbers factoring in the circumstances. So while he might be solid now when you factor in the context he could be with better QB and O-line play a 1000 yard receiver.

I put this in the Bradham thread too but I think it makes some good points about why the Bills may have been more open to parting with Kiko. It aims to show how well Bradham fits into Rex's scheme but also talks about why Kiko isn't ideal.

http://billsmafia.com/2015/03/25/breaking-down-how-buffalo-bills-lb-nigel-bradham-fits-in-rex-ryans-defense/

I find myself mildly annoyed when I hear all the praise heaped on Watkins without mention of Woods in the same breath. Woods' hands are like magnets with the ball. The guy gets open and he's a fierce competitor. Woods is a guy that needs to be on this team, and for a very long time, at that. No way I trade Woods. Hated to see Kiko go, as well, but if forced to choose, I keep Woods on my team.

I find myself mildly annoyed when I hear all the praise heaped on Watkins without mention of Woods in the same breath. Woods' hands are like magnets with the ball. The guy gets open and he's a fierce competitor. Woods is a guy that needs to be on this team, and for a very long time, at that. No way I trade Woods. Hated to see Kiko go, as well, but if forced to choose, I keep Woods on my team.

i will add that until things went downhill (with EJ and all the WRs) against SD and Houston, woods was the WR that Ej had built the most chemistry with when throwing downfield over the two years they played together.

i will add that until things went downhill (with EJ and all the WRs) against SD and Houston, woods was the WR that Ej had built the most chemistry with when throwing downfield over the two years they played together.

Woods is a nice player. He can be an 80 catch 1,100 yard guy. Watkins is different though. His physical skill set is superior to just about every receiver in the league. He is so explosive. Watkins could be Julio Jones. The two players have different ceilings; they certainly aren't the same.

With that being said, Woods is a great route runner. He will never demand double teams or a safety over the top but he doesn't need to with Sammy across the field. He needs to beat his man or the zone and he is smart enough to do both. He will be a dependable receiver and a consistent performer for a long time in this league. He is the perfect Robin.

Woods is a nice player. He can be an 80 catch 1,100 yard guy. Watkins is different though. His physical skill set is superior to just about every receiver in the league. He is so explosive. Watkins could be Julio Jones. The two players have different ceilings; they certainly aren't the same.

With that being said, Woods is a great route runner. He will never demand double teams or a safety over the top but he doesn't need to with Sammy across the field. He needs to beat his man or the zone and he is smart enough to do both. He will be a dependable receiver and a consistent performer for a long time in this league. He is the perfect Robin.

there aren't many Wrs in the league that have the natural skill set at the position as watkins. He's just a unique talent. As you said Woods has polish, good hands and veteran route running skills that allowed him to produce early in his career and seems to play with a bit of an edge (i love guys like that). Adding Harvin is really going to open things up for watkins.

there aren't many Wrs in the league that have the natural skill set at the position as watkins. He's just a unique talent. As you said Woods has polish, good hands and veteran route running skills that allowed him to produce early in his career and seems to play with a bit of an edge (i love guys like that). Adding Harvin is really going to open things up for watkins.

Yeah, I love the edge that Woods plays with. It reminds me of Chris Paul in a lot of ways.

The answer is easy , Kiko didn't even play last year and our D didn't miss a beat. I loved Kiko, even bought his jersey but the knees are really scary. Who know how long he plays. Woods is very underrated and was clutch last year I think Sammy had more drops than Robert. FO made right choice!

I'm grossly optimistic right now because of the unique talents all of these guys have. Woods, Harvin and Watkins all do different stuff. Add Clay to that and it gives you a ton of options. Then we have Shady and Felton. Not counting complementary Fred, Boobie, Goodwin and Hogan. That's a lot of different kinds of talent.

I wouldn't at all trust Marrone to best utilize them, but I think if he were still here I would be thinking even Marrone couldn't !@#$ this up (although the last time I said that in the same way, the Bills drafted Donte Whitner). But Roman has to be the happiest guy at OBD right now. This should be fun to watch, even without a great Qb.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought that it was pretty good until the guy talked about Miles Austin being their #1. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that they believe Jordan Matthews is a#1 and that's why they let Maclin go. He lost some football credibility to me. It feels like a Bills super fan post.

The rest of it was pretty good though.

Interesting dilemma. Based on season 1 stats alone, woods is a clear second to kiko. But there is something obvious to buffalo on film that overshadows a solid rookie year at ILB for kiko.

Kiko maybe isn't a Rex type linebacker. Perhaps They weren't going to "love" him at any of the lb spots I belive, looking at defenses of rexy past.

I will say if the only choice was then woods for McCoy, you still proceed.