Whaley not happy Bills haven't done more to address OL

Personally I think it's a step forward to read that Whaley admits that. Previously we would have heard that the Bills think the answer at OG is already on the team (eg one of last year's under-performers).

I'm glad to hear that the Bills were trying for Jahri Evans. It seems to me that some FA talent on OL is out there, and I'm not sure we need Harvin more than one of those guys.

Completely agree. Man I hope we get better on the line, Cassel needs it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that this line is more suited to a man block scheme instead of zone blocking? Are they better suited for old-fashioned north-south blocking?

This is what I am thinking. The guys we drafted last year are all big. Tell them to start shoving on anybody in front of them.

I think there's a chance we see a shake up based on Glenn kicking inside. From everything I've seen, he's just not the tackle that fits Roman's style/scheme.

LT- Henderson or draft pick

LG- Glenn

C- Wood

RG- Incognito

RT- CK

Glenn is the team's best tackle so I seriously doubt that they would move him to guard. Both Henderson and Kouandjio would have to take major steps forward to at least equal Glenn.

Edited by vincec

Glenn is the team's best tackle so I seriously doubt that they would move him to guard. Both Henderson and Kouandjio would have to take major steps forward to at least equal Glenn.

You might want to read the article the thread is based on. Whaley says that's a real possibility. Also, keep in mind the guys the Bills wanted but couldn't get to in free agency were likely coming in so Glenn could move inside.

I like the willingness to admit there's work to be done. Now let's get the work done.

Agreed not just blowing rose colored smoke in our eyes. I bet they will bring at least 1-2 linemen in before the season starts

Would I be correct in projecting that our starting O-Line will look like this?

LT-Glenn

LG-Incognito

C-Wood

RG-Urbik

RT-Henderson

incognito is better at RG as is urbik. They will fight it out for that spot. Williams, Richardson and possibly kujo will fight it out for the LG. But I will say that lineup is better than last year

It is apparent from Vic's article that Rex likes Seantrel. He has said it before. I agree with Rex.

Big first offseason for Seantrel. Let's see if he shows up in shape and ready to go. It really could go either way with him - he fell to Round 7 because of laziness-type issues. This offseason will really be a tell.

He may also be the best guard, a position they realized they have no depth in after realizing mediocre tackles make terrible guards

Would I be correct in projecting that our starting O-Line will look like this?

LT-Glenn

LG-Incognito

C-Wood

RG-Urbik

RT-Henderson

I think it matters who they think they can get at the #50 spot, whether it's a Guard or a Tackle. If It's a guy that's a better positional player at Tackle, then they might move Henderson around. But if there's a better projected Guard, they likely will take him and keep the bookends in place. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what kind of results Kromer will get from his guys, because clearly there is going to be a bonfire under their collective azzes this offseason.

Interesting Rex mentions the possibility of moving Glenn to LG. If CK really does turn it up this year, that would solve a lot of problems.

Henderson, Glenn, Woods, InC, CK

yeah, I know, Glenn won't like it going into his FA year....

They need to re-sign him during the season. Overdorf is going to be working overtime to get the FAs re-signed.

What are you talking about??? They tried to grab O-Line... Can't do anything when he takes a discount to play with Rodgers.

What? Whaley isn't Harry Potter? I'm shocked! Shocked, hurt, and offended am I. :wallbash:

You might want to read the article the thread is based on. Whaley says that's a real possibility. Also, keep in mind the guys the Bills wanted but couldn't get to in free agency were likely coming in so Glenn could move inside.

And YOU might want to re-read the article.

"When coach Rex Ryan looks at the Bills’ offensive line, he draws confidence from “two good young tackles with phenomenal ability” in Cordy Glenn on the left side and Seantrel Henderson on the right and the fact newly hired Aaron Kromer, a former offensive coordinator with the Chicago Bears, will coach the group. Ryan said the priority is to put the “five best players” on the field, and said moving Glenn to left guard and Henderson, who had a strong rookie season in 2014, to left tackle was a “possibility. Incognito would likely take the No. 1 job at right guard, vacated by Erik Pears, who left in free agency."

Edited by Nanker

Hey Yolo, why do all your links go through your WordPress site instead of directly to the original source?

Just curious.

ummm I don't even know what that means...

I just copy and paste. Am I doing something wrong? When I click on it, it goes directly to the site.

Edited by YoloinOhio

ummm I don't even know what that means...

I just copy and paste. Am I doing something wrong? When I click on it, it goes directly to the site.

No. My bad. Forgive me. I don't Tweet (I'm not a Twat :bag:), it's Twitter ecosystem linky thingys "http:t.co" that they use. I just looked it up. Thought you might have a WordPress site that gets glitz points or whatever. Like I said, just curious.

Keep up the good work!

@JohnMurphyShow: Complete audio: Ruben Brown: Dissecting the Bills Offensive Line http://t.co/Rc62DdEc7M

FYI - OL talk starts past the 9 min mark.

For those who can't listen, Brown said Bills should have kicked Glenn inside to LG last year and slotted Henderson at LT. He thinks that's the way Bills should go this year (if they don't add anyone else) and is optimistic about Cyrus's development after working hard in the offseason.

Edited by GG

He may also be the best guard, a position they realized they have no depth in after realizing mediocre tackles make terrible guards

I'm totally guessing/speculating here but I tend to think that moving Pears to starting OG was purely a Morrone deciscision and not one that Whaley would have been in agreement with.

I hope everyone understands one thing with regard to Glenn: if you move him inside, he's leaving as an unrestricted FA next off-season.

He's played the majority of his NFL snaps at LT, and he'll get LT money on the open market. You cannot expect him to accept LG money to stay here, even if he moves inside and plays well.

That doesn't mean that he won't be moved; that could certainly happen. The only scenario in which he moves that makes sense, IMO, would be for Buffalo to ink him to an extension before they inform him of the move to guard.

If that's the case, I believe you'd see:

LT - Henderson

LG - Glenn

C - Wood

RG - Incognito

RT - Kouandjio/Draft pick

That said, I think it's far more likely to be:

LT - Glenn

LG - vet (Mathis or Evans) OR Draft pick

C - Wood

RG - Incognito/Urbik/Williams/Richardson winner

RT - Henderson/Kouandjio winner

FYI - OL talk starts past the 9 min mark.

For those who can't listen, Brown said Bills should have kicked Glenn inside to LG last year and slotted Henderson at LT. He thinks that's the way Bills should go this year (if they don't add anyone else) and is optimistic about Cyrus's development after working hard in the offseason.

thanks for the detail - I listened to it last night and forgot he talked about the Bears Super Bowl loss and the great OP school system for the first few minutes. Lol