Whaley not happy Bills haven't done more to address OL

I think Incognito plays where Pears played last year at RG. And the current plan is that Williams comes back healthy and plays LG. Urbik would be back up for the two.

at this point i think you are correct. The potential upgrade should be at LG and then move on from Williams(health and skill set) Urbik would be back up for center also( and maybe more importantly)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Incognito plays where Pears played last year at RG. And the current plan is that Williams comes back healthy and plays LG. Urbik would be back up for the two.

Unless anything has been said about where Incognito will play, the most logical position is LG since that's where he made the Pro Bowl in 2012. Why mess what it?

Incognito is going to be successful here .

Btw

Unless anything has been said about where Incognito will play, the most logical position is LG since that's where he made the Pro Bowl in 2012. Why mess what it?

He has played both sides. get the five best on the field. Urbik is markedly better at RG if Williams continues to struggle in camp.

But its a tough call really at this point?

Very interesting points. Does the NFL test for HGH now? (I'm very certain the Pats will cheat in any way to win).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11646578/nfl-begin-human-growth-hormone-testing-monday

Looks like they started last October. I'll add that there were whispers about positive HGH tests being the reason both Patrick Willis and Jason Worlids decided to retire before this season. Nothing concrete, but league people were discussing it.

I'm starting to sense that Whaley may be mad about Rex's power. Sounds like he didn't want harvin and wanted an OLINE problem fixed. I think Rex is really making his presence felt. Please God, I don't want our team to look like the jets.

Incognito is going to be successful here .

Btw

He has played both sides. get the five best on the field. Urbik is markedly better at RG if Williams continues to struggle in camp.

But its a tough call really at this point?

Sure Incog can play both sides, but I'm going off of his Pro Bowl season at LG in 2012, so I'd keep him there and with Glenn have a great left side of the OL. With Incog next to him, Wood should be better, especially if Urbik starts next to him and plays like had previously at RG. That leaves finding a RT from among Henderson, Kujo, and a FA or draft pick.

I'm starting to sense that Whaley may be mad about Rex's power. Sounds like he didn't want harvin and wanted an OLINE problem fixed. I think Rex is really making his presence felt. Please God, I don't want our team to look like the jets.

I didn't get that sense at all. They tried and couldn't get the guys they targeted, and money wasn't an issue.

easy buddy, its not that at all.

reset spidey sense to default please and reboot system

i don't think Harvin prevented them from getting Bulaga or Boling or whoever else they were after, they both decided to stay with their teams. Rex always had a pretty good OL in NJ. I'm sure it is his goal as well to keep working on it. Edited by YoloinOhio

This says it all from this fans perspective. With every new regime they always want the shiny new toys (skill players) first or defense. So far how many times has this franchise made the playoffs with that #1 pick used on a WR, on a RB, on a defensive star?

Since 2000 DE Erik Flowers-DB Nate Clements-OT Mike Williams-RB Willis McGahee-WR Lee Evans-DB Donte Whitner- RB Marshawn Lynch-DB Leodis McKelvin-DE Aaron Maybin-OC Eric Wood- RB CJ Spiller- DT Marcell Dareus- DB Stephon Gilmore- QB EJ Manuel- WR Sammy Watkins- WR Sammy Watkins.

Jauron had to have that speedy DE for his tampon 2 defense, Gailey had to have his "waterbug" instead of a LT or OG. Doug Maroon ran the ball until the fans threw up, and built the best "hurry up" three downs and out offense yet. Then next year threw it 40+ times a game while forgetting to run. The most important game of the season against the Raiders ...13 rushes for 13 yards.

Now Rex proclaims that they will run the ball 50 times a game...and that is what they will need to do in order to make a first down by rushing with this sorry roster.

Why is every new Bills regime so stinking stupid that they continue to build the offense bass ackwards??

EDIT: Its getting really old reading from fans defending the failure from the team to secure the proper talent for the offensive line. How some new O line coach is supposedly going to elevate the play of bad players into acceptable players. Oh wait the new scheme will do that because this new OC built a great run game with his old team....nvm the fact that he had 3 #1 picks, 2 pro bowlers on that line. Or suddenly the same players graded as the worst in the league will magically transform into viable starters because its a new season.

This GM knew he had a problem at OG- RT, and went out and signed everything but....oh, but he tried. The Bills have one new OG that could go off a cliff in a heartbeat if someone looks at him the wrong way. This is not the proper way to build an offense, and most of you guys know it. Stop making excuses for them.

in 2 of the last 3 years they have selected OL in R2. As I keep saying, if ck takes the jump this year, a big part of the problem is solved.

i don't think Harvin prevented them from getting Bulaga or Boling or whoever else they were after. Rex always had a pretty good OL in NJ.

Disagree. I think maybe when they could not score a Bulaga (which worries me they went for a high priced T) or Boling (woulda been nice maybe )

thats when they went all in on Harvin,

Mind you i am all on board with him and super excited nowadays about... The Threats.

i hope they have something more in mind.

ps its a subtle disagree : )

Edited by 3rdand12

Disagree. I think maybe when they could not score a Bulaga (which worries me they went for a high priced T) or Boling (woulda been nice maybe )

thats when they went all in on Harvin,

Mind you i am all on board with him and super excited nowadays about... The Threats.

i hope they have something more in mind.

ps its a subtle disagree : )

Missing out on Bulaga and Boling allowed them to go after Harvin. But had nothing to do with them missing out on either OL player.

And I think the Bills want proven guys rather than having to lean on guys improving, which is no sure thing. Doesn't mean it won't happen though.

Did anyone actually read the article? Whaley himself said that they made efforts but didn't get the guys they were after.

Somehow some folks have turned that into "Whaley isn't even trying"

I'm sure he is trying, but I think it's fair to question whether they've made it the top priority as some of us argue that it should've been. They seemed to have put Clay at the top of their FA list and applied the full-court private-jet press to land him. Not saying that flying Air Pegula to Wisconsin on Day 1 of free agency would've landed Bulaga, but perhaps it may have. I'd rather they overpay a lineman than overpay Charles Clay (if we can't overpay both). Maybe it's unfair to link this back to the Levitre decision which was under a mostly different regime, but at some point they need to devote significant time, attention and resources to fixing the line, even if it means paying more than they think they ought to. Some of us would argue that they should do it first, because otherwise their investments in fancy dancers are rendered worthless. They can't seem to draft these guys with any consistency so they need to start buying them.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I'm sure he is trying, but I think it's fair to question whether they've made it the top priority as some of us argue that it should've been. They seemed to have put Clay at the top of their FA list and applied the full-court private-jet press to land him. Not saying that flying Air Pegula to Wisconsin on Day 1 of free agency would've landed Bulaga, but perhaps it may have. I'd rather they overpay a lineman than overpay Charles Clay (if we can't overpay both). Maybe it's unfair to link this back to the Levitre decision which was under a mostly different regime, but at some point they need to devote significant time, attention and resources to fixing the line. Some of us would argue that they should do it first, because otherwise their investments in fancy dancers are rendered worthless.

I'm fine with that opinion; I get stuck at the point where no credit is given for investing 3 picks on the OL last year alone (etc). Obviously I'm not pointing the finger at you specifically.

I also think that there's a fair chance that they prioritize OL during next month's draft.

I'm fine with that opinion; I get stuck at the point where no credit is given for investing 3 picks on the OL last year alone (etc). Obviously I'm not pointing the finger at you specifically.

I also think that there's a fair chance that they prioritize OL during next month's draft.

They need to take a hard look at their scouting department, including on the pro personnel side. Whomever is evaluating Chris Williams and CK needs to be put under serious scrutiny.