Rex meets with media at owners meetings - quotes for days

@viccarucci: Rex Ryan meeting the media at the annual #AFC coaches' breakfast at the #NFL meetings.

@mikerodak: Big crowd as Rex Ryan arrives for AFC Coaches breakfast http://t.co/c6nEIYXhsE

@viccarucci: Ryan on leaving the #Jets: I wanted the right opportunity. Didn't want to jump at anything. It had to be right & it is.

@viccarucci: Ryan: w Terry & Kim Pegula it was obvioius the direction they wanted to take their team. They wanted to bring a winner.

@viccarucci: Ryan: Pegulas want people to be successful around them. It's about the community as well as the product. That's important to them.

@viccarucci: Ryan on GM Doug Whaley: Has roots in Pittsburgh. My time in Balt,, we saw things same way. Play great D, physical team.

@viccarucci: Ryan: Kiko Alonso is a great football player, but we were going to do what was best for team & trading for LeSean McCoy was best.

@viccarucci: Ryan said he and others in #Bills' hierarchy were "stunned" that McCoy was available for trade.

@viccarucci: Ryan said McCoy trade took all of 30 minutes to make.

@mikerodak: Ryan says McCoy was "chief recruiter" for bringing in free agents, especially Jerome Felton

@viccarucci: Ryan on Incognito & Harvin: 1st of all, no one is perfect. That's u, me everybody. But we feel great about both of those guys.

@mikerodak: Ryan says McCoy will be "bellcow" but says both he and Fred Jackson could see time on third downs

@AroundTheNFL: Rex Ryan on taking another job in the AFC East: "I look at it as unfinished business."

@AroundTheNFL: Rex: "I was slapped down with some humble pie last year." Said "he's back" now.

@mikerodak: Ryan on Revis: "I assumed he was going back to NY and that's what happened."

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan has talked about Bills' backfield depth twice. Both times, mentions Jackson and Dixon -- but not Brown

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan on New England: "They're clearly the team to beat and we're coming after them.

@viccarucci: Ryan on why "Ground & Pound" approach: If you don't have Tom Brady, why would u try to run the exact same offense he runs?

@viccarucci: Ryan points out Seattle has "run the ball pretty effectively and has won back-to-back NFC Championship games."

@viccarucci: Ryan said he expected to hear from #Bears when he was available, but never did. "Must have done a bad job as a ballboy there."

@viccarucci: Ryan says #Bills have built "an all-star cast" of assistant coaches "and it starts w (OC) Greg Roman."

@viccarucci: Ryan: I'm excited to have Doug Whaley in place as the GM. We see things the same way.

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan: "This is a phenomenal staff." Calls Donnie Henderson the best DBs coach in football

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan says putting Stefan Charles at nose tackle is possibility, with Dareus and Kyle Williams at 5-technique

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan talks about RB backfield. "The fast dude. Brown? I'm not going to learn his name until he holds onto the football."

@viccarucci: Ryan said he "never saw a regression" in EJ last season. "In fact, he looked pretty darn good when vs. Miami."

@viccarucci: Ryan says #Bills QB situation isn't "ideal right now." Say there will be competition, but "we've got to develop EJ" Manuel "no question."

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan: "Outside of Seattle this secondary probably played as well as anybody's."

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan: "I'm as happy as I can be coaching this team."

@RapSheet: Rex Ryan says he doesnt have any frustration with #Jets spending money now that he left. Noted his Bills didnt need to spend on their DBs

@viccarucci: Ryan: I want to win in a big way & I'm excited about this opportunity bc that's what I plan on doing.

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan says putting Stefan Charles at nose tackle is possibility, with Dareus and Kyle Williams at 5-technique

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan talks about RB backfield. "The fast dude. Brown? I'm not going to learn his name until he holds onto the football."

1st comment is interesting, I'm looking forward to all of the options.

2nd comment...ouch.

@RapSheet: Rex Ryan says if Doug Marrone hadnt opted out Buffalo, he wouldve gotten head coaching offers. Dont know if Id have taken them.

@viccarucci: Ryan said he called his agent, Jimmy Sexton, to see if "there was any interest from Buffalo. When I got in there, I was blown away."

@viccarucci: Ryan said when he left his 1st meeting w Pegulas, et al, he told his agent "I really like Buffalo."

@viccarucci: Ryan said he tells newcomer players "the best thing about coming to Buffalo is our owners."

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan: "I promise you this community is more committed behind this team than any I've ever known."

@viccarucci: Ryan on 1st time he goes back to MetLife Stadium to face #Jets: They'll love me like everybody does. No, they'll boo me out of the stadium!

@viccarucci: Ryan said #Bills "talked w a lot of people before we even met w Richie." Admitted "bullying" was wrong word to use to describe team.

@viccarucci: More Ryan on Incogntio: If we didn't think he'd be successful here, we wouldn't have brought him here.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@viccarucci: Ryan has held court with the media at the #AFC coaches breakfast at the #NFL meeting for nearly an hour and a half.

@viccarucci: Ryan on Harvin: Just scratching the surface as an outside receiver. Anxious to see him elevating his game.

@viccarucci: Ryan on how much closer he is to beating Belichick: We're going to find out. Lot of work to be done, but can't wait to get started.

@viccarucci: Ryan on twin brother Rob's self-confidence: So much he keeps his hair long & that belly. He says I'm going to change nfl. i said no ur not.

Good. Seems Rex and I both see this bum through the same set of eyes. Hope he's one of the first cuts in training camp.

It could just be the psychology of coaching. The fact he planted the smack talk. Trying to pry out his potential. Some players need a kick in the a** Edited by YoloinOhio