Biggest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snubs

HOF snubs  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Biggest snubs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

2. 2. Same question, list expanded

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked...

G. Parsons

NY Dolls

Ozzy

Pixies

Replacements

Smiths

...but mostly I don't care. The R&R Hall of Fame is about as meaningful as the NFL pro bowl.

Edit: I like the Flaming Lips too (if you don't count their last couple albums). I didn't know they were eligible already. I'd also add Pavement, Capt. Beefheart and the Butthole Surfers if it were my personal H of F.

Edited by Cugalabanza

• 7 months later...

2015 Nominations

• Green Day
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • N.W.A (Respect the hell out of them, but not rock and roll)
  • The Smiths
  • Lou Reed
  • Sting
  • The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
  • Kraftwerk
  • Chic (Disco, not rock)
  • Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
  • The Marvelettes
  • The Spinners
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble (This is a shame that it hasn't already happened.)
  • War
  • Bill Withers

I voted for a bunch, but how Ozzy, Chicago and The Steve Miller Band aren't in I don't know. But there are MANY on that list that deserve it.

EDIT: I know it's tough in today's age since bands tour so late into their lives but IMO I think they should be retired from touring before being able to be in. But since that doesn't count I'll keep my votes the same, even though the R&R HOF is a joke. I read something a few days ago that Gene Simmons was wanting to buy it.

I voted for a bunch, but how Ozzy, Chicago and The Steve Miller Band aren't in I don't know. But there are MANY on that list that deserve it.

EDIT: I know it's tough in today's age since bands tour so late into their lives but IMO I think they should be retired from touring before being able to be in. But since that doesn't count I'll keep my votes the same, even though the R&R HOF is a joke. I read something a few days ago that Gene Simmons was wanting to buy it.

Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis, two of the inaugural inductees still tour, granted not as much. So two of the most influential rock artists still wouldn't be allowed in. That's why it's gotta be 25 years after your first album.

No Grand Funk Railroad?

Honestly, didn't even know they weren't in, but that would skew poll results adding them this late.