[Vague Title]trade

Mario now > Rivers at his best

The value of Mario is 10 times that of Rivers.

I seriously doubt most NFL GMs would feel that same way if they didn't already have a franchise QB.

Granted, I have serious doubts how well Rivers could do with the wind conditions at RWS given his gimp arm. He needs a warm weather climate or a dome, even more so than Brees.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have serious doubts how well Rivers could do with the wind conditions at RWS given his gimp arm. He needs a warm weather climate or a dome, even more so than Brees.

Yes lots of good QB's would struggle in Buffalo

I seriously doubt most NFL GMs would feel that same way if they didn't already have a franchise QB.

Granted, I have serious doubts how well Rivers could do with the wind conditions at RWS given his gimp arm. He needs a warm weather climate or a dome, even more so than Brees.

I thought he handled himself pretty well when they beat us in Buffalo last year. Of course that was in September.

Rivers cap number for 2015 is 17mil Williams is 19mil. So yes I completely understand the cap. Do you? cause in my book thats a savings of 2mil.

if traded mario would have a dead money hit of 13.4m. We would then assume rivers salary of 15.75m for a total cap hit of 29.15m in 2015 in this transaction.

Edited by NoSaint

if traded mario would have a dead money hit of 13.4m. We would then assume rivers salary of 15.75m for a total cap hit of 29.15m in 2015 in this transaction.

You are a better man that I. How could you give out this info without a smart ass comment??!!!

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

You are a better man that I. How could you give out this info without a smart ass comment??!!!

to be honest, its probably good i didnt. i think i slightly blew the numbers, glancing at them too quickly and part of marios dead money is guaranteed salary not just amortized bonus.... which means my numbers are off too... but his were pretty clearly wrong to be coming with that snark.

to be honest, its probably good i didnt. i think i slightly blew the numbers, glancing at them too quickly and part of marios dead money is guaranteed salary not just amortized bonus.... which means my numbers are off too... but his were pretty clearly wrong to be coming with that snark.

I'm glad you took care of this OP before I did, or I would have ended up with a warning point for sure haha... But I guess we don't understand the cap. This isn't MLB, if you trade a guy, you still have your signing bonus you signed him to, plus guaranteed money, that is stuck on your team. You're not just trading 17 million dollars for 15 million dollars.

But hey, you and I, we don't understand things... Haha

Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

marios prime has done exactly what for this franchise? Rivers is way more valuable over the next 5 years than the next 5 with Mario. As of right now the Bills are at least 3years away from possibly getting a franchise QB without making a big splash. You put Rivers on this team tomorrow, and they are a legit Super Bowl contender.

Mario's prime has made the Bills defense one of the best in the league. Are you saying Rivers would make our offense one of the best in the league and losing Mario would make no difference to the D? If so, I want some of what you're smoking.