Per ESPN, RG3 Could be had in a QB Trade

RG3 had a pretty good first year using his athleticism, which was fine for his first year before defenses had a chance to figure him out. He is a one read then run QB who can't go through his progressions. He will never be good again. He will never play a full season. He is, for all intents and purposes, Chumbawamba.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know to tell you the truth. I watched RG3 at the end of last year and he was terrible. If we trade and just hand him the job I will be excited to watch and see what he can do but I don't think he is the right fit for this offense UNLESS he changes dramatically. EJ is ok. I personally think that RG3 is shot and never going to be good again, so I think the chance of him becoming a franchise QB is close to the same chance as EJ, which is, say, less than 20%. But we only know so much from afar.

Between Rex, Roman and Whaley, even though they haven't hit on franchise QBs before, they are smart guys and know football. They are not going to trade for RG3 just for the name and splash, IMO. They would know a lot more about what has happened to him and if he has his head in the game than I do. I see a crappy QB right now.

Thanks for a wonderful reply (as expected). My problem if you will is I simply am incapable of believing that EJ will be a good quarterback. I just cannot see it. This would obviously steer me in favor of a trade.

EJ (imo) is a kid who was bigger, stronger and more gifted than other college kids AND surrounded by a great system and supporting cast. That said, he is what, 6'4" and his passes seem to get blocked often. He ran like a deer in college but not with us. He reminds me of a QB equivalent of Mike Williams as an OT.

Few things would make me happier than to be wrong, but it's not looking good for EJ imo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

i don't know anything about RG3's physical or mental health, and nothing about his ego or his sense of entitlements..

what i do know, is that Rex was working out Baylor's latest QB - who didn't play the position as well as RG3.

i certainly understand the concern of the fans, because of the question marks.. but the idea of this staff trying to attain the player is reasonable

I'm pretty sure the Bills tried to trade for Fowles

and Bradford but because they did not have a QB to replace either guy they traded them for each other. I heard a interview with the Rams GM

the other day. he said more than one team offered

Mutible draft picks for Bradford. But the Rams GM

said that it made more sense to get a QB in return. So that's why the jumped at the chance.

i don't know anything about RG3's physical or mental health, and nothing about his ego or his sense of entitlements..

what i do know, is that Rex was working out Baylor's latest QB - who didn't play the position as well as RG3.

i certainly understand the concern of the fans, because of the question marks.. but the idea of this staff trying to attain the player is reasonable

This is a very good point and I agree RG3 would

make Romans offense complete

I'm pretty sure the Bills tried to trade for Fowles

and Bradford but because they did not have a QB to replace either guy they traded them for each other. I heard a interview with the Rams GM

the other day. he said more than one team offered

Mutible draft picks for Bradford. But the Rams GM

said that it made more sense to get a QB in return. So that's why the jumped at the chance.i don't know anything about RG3's physical or mental health, and nothing about his ego or his sense of entitlements..

This is a very good point and I agree RG3 would

make Romans offense complete

I'd trade EJ for rg3 in a second. Hopefully Tyrod Taylor could beat out cassel for the #2 to keep the system going if and when rg3 gets hurt. If he get seriously injured again, his contract is up and we can move on and start new. At least RG3 has had success in this league and has elite physical attributes, including accuracy when healthy. No idea if he can regain past form, but I'd take my chance on the guy that has shown that he can lead a team to the playoffs (with a bad D no less) as opposed to a big teddy bear. EJs a great guy and I like him as a person....just not as our starting qb based off of what I've seen to date

better keep this quite we would not want the don't

trade for RG3 crowd to find out about this.

This just proves my point that hell yes the Bills

will try and get RG3 if he is available

better keep this quite we would not want the don't

trade for RG3 crowd to find out about this.

This just proves my point that hell yes the Bills

will try and get RG3 if he is available

all it proves is that the idea of acquiring a QB from Briles' spread offense has already crossed Rex Ryan's mind - which means it was discussed with Roman.

what it doesn't prove, is that this staff is interested in the 2015 version of RG3. they'll do their due diligence, and if there's nothing to scare them off, who knows.

Then why did they sign Tyrod Taylor

they need a threat of a QB that can run.

They need a QB who can make throws from the pocket. Running might be a plus, but there's been nothing said by either Roman or Rex to make the assumption they're only looking for a running QB. Just because Roman coached Kap, doesn't mean he wants a Kap clone. If anything, Roman's shown the ability to tailor his offense to the skills of his players.

Anyone who says they wouldn't trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even defends Manuel is because they speak of this magical untapped upside/raw talent that we have yet to see. With Griffin, not only is that upside WAY higher but we've already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like Washington would ever make that trade anyway.

Anyone who says they would trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even says they want Manuel gone is because they've gone so far down that rabbit hole that they're embarrassed to try and climb back up. With Griffin, not only is there absolutely ZERO upside, but the entire world has already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like we have a GM asinine enough to even consider such a ridiculously stupid move anyway.

If Leroi thinks we should do this and he is our insider my guess is it's a good chance it will happen. After all he did say we were going to get rid of E.J.

looks like we're on the right track

Troll.

I make the trade. RG3 has not put in the work and developed as hoped. He's definitely been a disappointment, only has one year left on his contract and has been known in Washington's locker room as a prima donna. But Hes got a better chance of becoming a franchise QB than Manuel and the combination of getting benched for much lesser talents, getting shipped to Buffalo for not much compensation and Ryan putting his foot up his arse might be the wake up call he needs. Sometimes a change of scenery helps as well. It might for EJ, too.

Funny thing: When RG3 was drafted by Washington I said I looked forward to rooting for him on his second team because I figured he'd be totally misused there and wind up being traded, cut or leave after his rookie contract. I didn't expect him to have dedication issues in the pros, but I'd still take him if the price was right and I would find it amusing if I really did wind up rooting for him on his second team because it was the Bills.

Anyone who says they would trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even says they want Manuel gone is because they've gone so far down that rabbit hole that they're embarrassed to try and climb back up. With Griffin, not only is there absolutely ZERO upside, but the entire world has already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like we have a GM asinine enough to even consider such a ridiculously stupid move anyway.

Zero upside for RG3, but plenty for EJ? Wow. All I can say regarding people having their heads examined is "After you." Edited by BarleyNY

Actually I've pointed out the same thing...that's something a lazy national reporter should make not someone who actually follows the team, lol

thanks matter2003 - yes it does MATTER. Pretty embarrassing Stojan for anyone to defend it.