Do the Bills still have the best Dline after Free agency?

Do the bills still have the best front 4  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best Dline in football?

• Rams
    • Bills
    • Dolphins
    • Texans
    • Other

being a homer

Buffalo

followed by

close second Rams - I am not that knowledgeable but based on recollection had one of the better D's last season

Houston has Watt, Clowney and Wilfork IF he's still on top of his game

Miami gets the edge w/ Suh and the NYETS meh

Where was our defensive line last year @ Raiders?

Why are you ignoring the horrible job by the Offense?

The Bills came into the game vowing not to overlook the two-win Raiders. But [Captain 3&Out] Orton struggled after an early touchdown pass to Sammy Watkins, throwing an interception and posting five straight three-and-outs on Buffalo's next six possessions to put the Bills in a hole they never could overcome.

The Bills ran for just 13 yards despite the return of C.J. Spiller from a broken collarbone. That was their worst rushing performance since gaining 4 yards against Tennessee on Nov. 23, 1997.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20141221_BUF@OAK

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Vince Wilfork is a great addition for the Texans and if Clowney can get healthy and play up to or near his potential (Also Whitney Mercilus isn't bad and could improve) they could rival the Bills. JJ Watt, Wilfork, Mercilus and Clowney could be a real nasty D-line.

However outside of Watt and Wilfork that's a lot of potential and not much proven. Also Wilfork runs a risk of decline. Rams D-line could be really good too. Not sure Miami even with Suh rivals ours.

I agree the Texans could rivals ours, but, they need to stay healthy and play well together. 4 or 5 weeks into the season may be a different conversation, but, currently, the Bills are the best IMO.

We have a top 3 DE, a top 3 DT, and the other 2 are a pro-bowler and a guy coming off back to back double digit sack seasons. The closest team is the Rams, but man for man I think we're better across the line. Mario > Quinn, Dareus > Donald, Kyle >Brockers, Hughes > Long. The only one of these I think is fairly debateable is Hughes/Long.

Clowney is still a big question mark but he was a once in a generation college player so the talent is there, and Wilfork is at the end of his career but he was at one time the best, and I think Watt is the best player in the entire NFL. They have a nice line in Houston but I think player for player we have more of a sure thing. You know what you are getting with our guys

IMO, the Rams have the best d-line in football. I might have even said this before they got Fairley. Robert Quinn is an animal, and Aaron Donald might be the best DT in football within the next couple years.

Buffalo is a close 2nd.

If you had to choose, not counting age or contracts or anything except football, between having Mario and Dareus or Quinn and Donald, which two would you take?

I like Quinn and Donald a ton, and agree with your description of them, but IMO it's an easy choice and Mario/Dareus are it.

Clowney is still a big question mark but he was a once in a generation college player so the talent is there, and Wilfork is at the end of his career but he was at one time the best, and I think Watt is the best player in the entire NFL. They have a nice line in Houston but I think player for player we have more of a sure thing. You know what you are getting with our guys

This.

Rams/Bills among the 2 best, IMO. I don't need to call Bills #1 to realize how good they are. They're damn good. In a Rex D they might shine even more.....collectively as a total D. They'll be fun to watch.

Our rotation is suspect still. When Dareus was out we kinda sucked.
Now what Rex is going to line up i dont know (thats agood thing probably>

But in Jim's 4-3 , wide nineteen, we may have had the best line.
they certainly were respected and i think feared !

Go Bills!

Bills have he best D-Line hands down. Not one team is even close to how good the Bills D-Line is.

They will probably be one of the best defenses to come out since the 2000 ravens.

I like your attitude sir!!!

Our rotation is suspect still. When Dareus was out we kinda sucked.

Now what Rex is going to line up i dont know (thats agood thing probably>

But in Jim's 4-3 , wide nineteen, we may have had the best line.

they certainly were respected and i think feared !

Go Bills!

I don't agree..Charles and Wynn made a lot of plays behind the LOS last year...

I don't agree..Charles and Wynn made a lot of plays behind the LOS last year...

Yes they did. and they are serviceable Charles might really come along. Wynn , not sure.

and its fair for you to disagree.

I was not overly thrilled with them. But its a new scheme so i can only guess

If you had to choose, not counting age or contracts or anything except football, between having Mario and Dareus or Quinn and Donald, which two would you take?

I like Quinn and Donald a ton, and agree with your description of them, but IMO it's an easy choice and Mario/Dareus are it.

Interesting take, but wouldn't it be nice to have Nick Fairley coming off the bench? Mario vs Quinn is edge to Mario right now, athough I think Quinn has the potential to be as good or better. Dareus vs Donald I'm not so sure. I think Donald might be the more disruptive player, while Dareus maybe does a better job of occupying blockers and stuffing the run. Who's to say? It's probably a toss up the more I think about it.

We have a top 3 DE, a top 3 DT, and the other 2 are a pro-bowler and a guy coming off back to back double digit sack seasons. The closest team is the Rams, but man for man I think we're better across the line. Mario > Quinn, Dareus > Donald, Kyle >Brockers, Hughes > Long. The only one of these I think is fairly debateable is Hughes/Long.

I was leaning this way- I think their 5th man is better. Who else do they have as depth?

Slight edge bills- but 1a and 1b almost the harder I think on it.

Bills and rams are 1a/b

dolphins and Texans are a toss up. Watt is better than anyone on the other 3 teams. Wilfork is old but still solid. Idk who their other DE is(im pretty sure clowney is a LB. But Hughes could be an old too)

Dolphins with wake, suh, Vernon is pretty good.

I would list them

1. Bills

2. Rams

3. Texans

4. Fish

Edited by kr632