Who do you want the Bills to take 1st in draft?

I'm hoping Paul Dawson, LB TCU falls to us at 50. Poor performance at the underwear Olympics which may cause his stock to drop, but the guy has incredible instincts and is a tackling machine.

count me in.

I think we're poised to go BPA. The fans want a QB or OG, but Dawson should surely be BPA at that point, and the one who wont last until the 3rd round.

And Whaley (from his Stiller days) loves him some LBs. And I loves me some Whaley for loving him some LBs.

Edited by maddenboy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always laugh at the best player available approach, like its an exact science.

"yeah this punter is WAY better than that Left Guard"

In the real world, I think we all know what BPA means.

Its not that every team knows exactly which player is best at every draft position in every round.

Teams spend lots of time and money to rank players and create a "board." Then, when the excitement of the draft is underweigh, they stick to their boards and draft BPA according to their months of hard work to create the board.

I also think it should be BPA regardless of Mel Kiper's rankings. If a guy "projects" to be a 4th rounder, but you think he is a true NFL player, then take him in the 2nd round, if he's the BPA.

La'el Collins would be an absolute gift if he fell to 50. If either him or AJ Cann are sitting there, sprint to the podium.

Clive Walford would fit the bill if they want another TE. Very much like Clay he's a good blocker with good hands and extremely nimble for his size. Doesn't have the straight line speed but can make tackles miss and plays faster then his 40.

Like I've said before if Dorial Green-Beckham is still around, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is the pick. They did look into Brandon Marshall and with the failed Mike Williams experiment last year they might still want size at WR. Wouldn't agree with the pick but I could see it happening.

would you take the best available G, or if it was a OT whose best position was say, RT, and didn't translate to G would you take him?

I think it depends in how Roman and co. View Glenn and Henderson. I think you take the bet lineman, regardless of position, hoping Glenn or Henderson could kick inside (they both have experience at the college level there). But if it's a Guard, take the guard.

I always laugh at the best player available approach, like its an exact science.

"yeah this punter is WAY better than that Left Guard"

Exact quote from Jags brass in 2012 when they selected a Punter two picks before Russel Wilson went to Seattle.

Seriously though, BPA is a great idea in theory but has to match position need to an extent.

Realistic (should be available at 50) and Hope For a drop/trade up (probably won't be available at 50)

*Non Winston/Mariota because that's too easy

My picks:

Realistic - Stephone Anthony, ILB Clemson

Hope for - La'el Collins, OL LSU

Best Offensive Guard available that is ready to play on day 1 of the season.

Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson 6-3 245 4.56 forty fast and likes to lay big hits.

Buffalo: the clemson of the north

Tim Tebow. If Tim Tebow is available I think we should draft him. If Tebow is off the board, I think we should take Tony Mandrich.

Tebow? nah. Ryan Leaf is a much better franchise QB

You'd get a lot more specific answers if we had a 1st round pick due to fans being more engaged AND the knowledge itself of the top 32 players is known more.

I personally don't have a guy I want at 50. It use to be Gurley... I think it still is. If he's there, I want him no matter what, cut Boobie or something.