Best team in the NFL if you take out the QB position

Once again I urge us to remember the '11 Eagles and all the proclamations of "Dream Team" that offseason, and to pay heed to the wisdom of Mr. Wolf from 'Pulp Fiction.'

GO BILLS!!!

Ever notice that it never works the other way? If the Bills did absolutely nothing in the offseason, no one would be saying how you never know, the Bills might be great?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, Lets calm down a little bit.

There is a great collection of talent on this team, yes. BUT they need to be able to play as a unit, both off and def as well as special teams., lets see how that works out before we get too crazy. They are going to need some time to gel, it will take some time before they really start to show who and what they can do. (How long who knows)

Its really easy to be excited about this team, we have the best roster we had since the 90's, in some areas the potential for even better but it still is a team game, it not going to happen over night and there will be some bumps but I think we should finally break our drought. but I want to see them perform as a team now.

Now the pressure goes from the players to REX. They have pretty much done everything they could have done, now Rex and the stuff have to get them functioning as units and not individuals

Time will tell...... Should be a fun ride, enjoy it Bills fans its been awhile.

The OP gets it. The Bills strategy is the best strategy they can have. Can't have a great QB? Then surround the QB we have with the best talent possible. It's the obvious thing to do. Sure beats whining about not having a QB, when there are no good ones available.

Once we sign a veteran Guard and some depth, we're going to have the best team we can have without a good QB. We're making the Playoffs this year.

Edited by musichunch

The OP gets it. The Bills strategy is the best strategy they can have. Can't have a great QB? Then surround the QB we have with the best talent possible. It's the obvious thing to do. Sure beats whining about not having a QB, when there are no good ones available.

Once we sign a veteran Guard and some depth, we're going to have the best team we can have without a good QB. We're making the Playoffs this year.

Agreed. You know what's worse than not having a QB?

Not having anything else, either.

GO BILLS!!!

Whoa. You've been canoodling with Miss Piggy too much....

Impossible. She's pretty smokin

Interesting take. Given that we are status quo at QB and OL (Cassel for Orton is a wash), then I am led to believe by your post that the acquisition of Ryan alone will cause us to regress and fall to the bottom of the division. I don't know about that. We've made three very serious upgrades to our offense and have kept the D front seven intact. I don't see how Ryan makes us so much worse that we finish last.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't see Ryan as a guy who pays much attention to detail. I also think the Dolphins will continue to develop- I think Crabtree can show a lot more than he did in San Fran, so if they sign him look out. The Jets boosting of their secondary makes their defense a lot better and as average as he is, Fitzpatrick was a huge upgrade for them. New England took a step back, but is still very good.

I see three major question marks at QB, an OL that isn't a strength which includes a guy who will make dumb mistakes. Watkins is as talented as any WR Buffalo has ever had, but has to prove it on the field. The secondary is a bit of a question mark and it looks like there is a question mark in the middle of the defense. All season, I see everyone talking about "Wait till Kiko is back" now we trade him for a running back.........

Add to this, a coach who acts like he spends more time prepping material for a press conference than for a game. Rex Ryan is not detail oriented to succeed long term in this league. I have the Bills finishing fourth in the AFC East. Sorry......

971aa3092f46a4e97882e67dfb1b2a.jpg

We could have HOF players at every single position, without a good QB, it means squat. Besides a few exceptions ( BAL with Dilfer comes to mind ), winning in the playoffs requires a top guy at the helm. Having said that, I like what the Bills are doing seeing no good QB is/was available this year.

We could have HOF players at every single position, without a good QB, it means squat. Besides a few exceptions ( BAL with Dilfer comes to mind ), winning in the playoffs requires a top guy at the helm. Having said that, I like what the Bills are doing seeing no good QB is/was available this year.

If you have that much talent, you could make up for the lack of a great QB. You are vastly underrating Trent Dilfer- he got a bad reputation from spending most of his career with bad teams

This has gotten out of hand. A great QB is very important, but you just took it to a ridiculous level, and then proved yourself wrong in the same sentence. The Jets made it to the AFC championship two years in a row with Sanchez just 4 or 5 years ago. The guy who coached that team is our coach right now. We haven't made the playoffs in 15 years. Please remind me why I shouldn't be pumped about this team right now?

This has gotten out of hand. A great QB is very important, but you just took it to a ridiculous level, and then proved yourself wrong in the same sentence. The Jets made it to the AFC championship two years in a row with Sanchez just 4 or 5 years ago. The guy who coached that team is our coach right now. We haven't made the playoffs in 15 years. Please remind me why I shouldn't be pumped about this team right now?

Who says I'm not pumped ? I believe we'll make the playoffs this year, and we might even win our 1st round game. I am pumped about that ! All I'm saying is that IMO, without a good/great QB, we are not winning the big one. BTW, hate to say it but Sanchez in those 2 years was better than what we have at QB right now.

If you have that much talent, you could make up for the lack of a great QB. You are vastly underrating Trent Dilfer- he got a bad reputation from spending most of his career with bad teams

This might be true, but it only enhances my point about having a good QB.

Edited by Jets Hater

okay, Lets calm down a little bit.

There is a great collection of talent on this team, yes. BUT they need to be able to play as a unit, both off and def as well as special teams., lets see how that works out before we get too crazy. They are going to need some time to gel, it will take some time before they really start to show who and what they can do. (How long who knows)

Its really easy to be excited about this team, we have the best roster we had since the 90's, in some areas the potential for even better but it still is a team game, it not going to happen over night and there will be some bumps but I think we should finally break our drought. but I want to see them perform as a team now.

Now the pressure goes from the players to REX. They have pretty much done everything they could have done, now Rex and the stuff have to get them functioning as units and not individuals

Time will tell...... Should be a fun ride, enjoy it Bills fans its been awhile.

Well we already saw what our special teams and defense can do - so we don't need to wait and see on that. There's no such thing as "time to gel", and it "happens over night" all the time.