Starbucks Fans...Whadayathink of this new idea?

IDBillzFan

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I googled it. I couldn't wait for you. :D

Come to Chinatown and you'll see that it's not just my opinion and it's far from oversimplified. Now to bring up Jauronimo's point again that's just the cultural difference and I understand that. We're all different and they don't even realize they're being rude. I'm not a fan at all of those behaviors so does that make me a racists?

I don't know about education. I think it's more of a pride thing.

Yeah... But where does pride and taking ownership come from? Is it taught to another generation by jumping out of the car on the way to school... Picking up the garbage. Isn't that "educating?"

You don't sh*t where you eat/live... Even if it means picking up somebody else's mess. Pride and ownership is taught and imparted by example.

I work where it is heavy industry, I have no doubt all classes will litter there... Given that's where the huge garbage dump is. Do people see "sacrifice zones?"

Do some offenders see this land as "thier land." I am saddened because this doesn't seem to be the narrative stressed anymore.

My wife and I roll our eyes at people with the COEXIST and DIVERSITY bumper stickers. Embracing diversity sometimes makes it difficult to coexist.

Have you ever read Neil Postman's "The End of Education"... ?? Came out in the 1990's... I think the author is deceased now. I know you don't take advice... ;-P ;-P Give it a look over if you have time.

You may be surprised to find out that we agree on more things than we think! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

not to sound holier than anyone here, but I honestly don't pay attention or take note of who is behind the counter, except for sunday, I stopped into an indian grocery store near my house, I asked the guy behind the counter, who was indian, if the package of tandori chicken mix made a good tandori chicken. He said it did, and he was right :thumbsup:

It's mostly people of color working the counter at my Starbucks, and I live in a decidedly white neighborhood.

not to sound holier than anyone here, but I honestly don't pay attention or take note of who is behind the counter, except for sunday, I stopped into an indian grocery store near my house, I asked the guy behind the counter, who was indian, if the package of tandori chicken mix made a good tandori chicken. He said it did, and he was right :thumbsup:

How do you know? Maybe he was Pakistani. Stereotyper. :D

I'm the only white person in my office here on Chicago's South Side.

This is the thread where we talk about stereotypes, right?

Go for it. It sure beats talking about ****ty coffee.

Canadians are mostly white. :huh:

Canadians?

That's hilarious. In fact, some buddies and I used to use "Canadians" as a code word for the population segment at issue here.

No, our microwave always smells like syrup for the same reason the Dunkin Donuts across the street gives you a packet of grape jelly to on your egg/bacon sandwich (no joke).

I had to explain to my coworkers that, no, I don't put hot sauce on my Doritos.

That's hilarious. In fact, some buddies and I used to use "Canadians" as a code word for the population segment at issue here.

No, our microwave always smells like syrup for the same reason the Dunkin Donuts across the street gives you a packet of grape jelly to on your egg/bacon sandwich (no joke).

I had to explain to my coworkers that, no, I don't put hot sauce on my Doritos.

Ummm we have a friend from Texas who calls them Canadians. :lol:

seriously, this should stop before someone says something that is out of line...this is almost a complete opposite of the intended purpose of the thread....sorry to get on my soapbox but I don't see this ending well.

No one's throwing around days of the week yet.

It's mostly people of color working the counter at my Starbucks, and I live in a decidedly white neighborhood.

It's mostly honkies at mine, and my neighborhood's primarily hispanic and black. Maybe Starbucks practices desegregation.

No one's throwing around days of the week yet.

Stop being such a Wednesday.